This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Hello folks! It's time for the last nomination step - the mission's title! Titles suggest why crews or Away Teams are heading out to these locations, and it's your job to submit ideas for Excalbia's title. A good mission title literally defines the nature and the type of the mission; for example, the Trill mission is called "Symbiont Diagnosis" because it captures the story of the episode. This is also a good chance to be poetic and creative!

Each of you will be allowed to submit up to (2) titles for consideration; submissions will be open through Tuesday, March 5th. At that point, we will comb through the suggested titles and curate them down to a list of no more than fifteen (15). Then, you'll be able to vote on your favorites and Excalbia will be complete!

So, in summary:

- You may nominate up to two (2) lore submission by replying to this thread.
- Submissions must flavorfully and/or mechanically survive why Away Teams are going to Excalbia.
- Popularity isn't a factor in nominations, so repeating a previous nomination as-is won't help.
- From the list of nominations, a maximum of fifteen (15) options will be offered for a vote.

Have fun, and let us know if there are any questions!

-crp

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
In case anyone needs a reminder (as I just went to look it up,) the lore is going to be:
Excalbia: Make contact with rock-based life-form first encountered in the 23rd century.
So something like "Quark's Beach Resort Vacation" probably isn't going to work with that... :shifty:

EDIT: Requirements are:
Honor x4 + no Treachery OR Treachery x4 + no Honor OR Geology x4 + no Honor + no Treachery
And anyone can attempt.

(Yes I know they can all be found in the article, but thought it would be handy to have them all together in one place in the thread too, as title is heavily tied to lore and requirements on missions I've found. :D )

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Reenact Morality Play

That way we get the Good vs. Evil requirements and the lore gives us the Geology requirements.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:Reenact Morality Play

That way we get the Good vs. Evil requirements and the lore gives us the Geology requirements.
I was literally going to suggest this, so, seconded.

By 10and01
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Maybe "<SOMETHING> The Savage Curtain"?

Pull Back The Savage Curtain...
Pierce The Savage Curtain...

Looking through the script:
Observe Spectacle
Experiment With Earthlings
Know New Things
Become Teachers
Unfold Drama
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
Joking aside...
commdecker wrote:It's gotta be in the list ...

The Savage Curtain
Nope. Sorry but it needs a verb of some kind. Like a title for an Objective, we would expect Mission titles to include a verb describing what they are doing. So unless your suggestion is "Savage the Curtain" it probably wouldn't make the curated list.

Yes, there are some small exceptions to this, but those are a minority and not the general rule.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
HoodieDM wrote:I thank Maggie for this....but I say we steal the 2E card.
Excalbian Drama
Then we can cross off a "converted" card...lmao...

~D
:thumbsup:

@Brad are you Brad Snyder?

That is intended. A cure dilemma ALWAYS has its ef[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a di[…]

Capturing Related

Thank you for the explanation. It's speculative, b[…]