This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

Which image should be used on Yarnek?

Full on Rock Monster
39%
I'm Throwing a Moon at You
2%
Close Up Hero Shot
52%
An Inconspicuous Rock
7%
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Hello,

Your submissions for Yarnek's lore are in the hands of the Creative Team, and now it's time for you to decide which image will grace the final card. Once again, Art Volunteer Tim Davidson (timo) has prepared four options* for your consideration. Your job is to pick the image you want to appear on the personnel.

Here are the four options on the table:
Full on Rock Monster wrote:Option A - Full on Rock Monster
I'm Throwing a Moon at You wrote:Option B - I'm Throwing a Moon at You
Close Up Hero Shot wrote:Option C - Close Up Hero Shot
An Inconspicuous Rock wrote:Option D - An Inconspicuous Rock
Your job now is to vote on the image that you want to see on the final Yarnek personnel card. You'll be able to vote for one (1) of the options above, and the vote will be open through Tuesday, March 5th. You can change your vote at any time up until the poll closes.

Then, if we don't have an image that's a clear winner, there will be a runoff vote posted after this poll closes. A runoff will be triggered if the top two choices are tied, or if their combined total number of votes is less than half the total number of votes. Otherwise, there won't be a runoff vote and the winner will move on to the next step. If we do have a runoff vote, it will be a quick, 24-hour poll. So vote, then feel free to reply to this thread with your votes and try to sway others to your side!

Happy voting!

-crp

*If you were hoping to have the opportunity to submit images, we're sorry. The nature of image work is very fickly, so we've asked the Art team to submit options instead. If you would like to help make art for future cards, we encourage you to email Art Director Johnny Holeva at jjh AT san DOT rr DOT com.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
When I think of Yarnek, I think of the image in Option A - Full on Rock Monster.

Option B just doesn't look right to me (can't place my finger on it.) Option C just doesn't seem to quite give the impression of his size. And while I'd love a version of Yarnek with Option D, I think he'd need to be an infiltrator really to go with that.

So I voted A. :D

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
MattgomeryScott wrote:When I think of Yarnek, I think of the image in Option A - Full on Rock Monster.

Option B just doesn't look right to me (can't place my finger on it.) Option C just doesn't seem to quite give the impression of his size. And while I'd love a version of Yarnek with Option D, I think he'd need to be an infiltrator really to go with that.

So I voted A. :D

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.
:thumbsup: Yeah, all of this.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
MattgomeryScott wrote:Option B just doesn't look right to me (can't place my finger on it.)
It takes too long to find his dainty claws! Well, and the composition is a bit lopsided to me.

I'm mostly mulling between options A and C. Option C is more on the traditional 1E personnel side I think, and it'd save option A for a generic Excalbian or dilemma or something else. It's great to behold him in full though, as option A does. Option D for me would depend on if his lore matched, or yeah, it could be an AI.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
With something that's not humanoid, I think it's important to show as much of the body as you can - for defining perspective and to show how alien it is.

Also, I feel images B and C both look like he could be sitting in a chair - so it's hard to tell where the body ends and the (non-existent) chair begins.

So I voted for A.

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
I voted C. Feels like the above poster alluded to as the most 1E appropriate personnel type shot. A should be saved for a ❖ personnel option down the line and B certainly screams verb image slant/use. D, as the other prior poster indicated, should be used for an Infiltrator version.

C!
Last edited by karonofborg13 on Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
A or C, though as noted the full rock monster has more of a ❖ feel given the precedent set for 1E. Option D really needs to be an AI in the future though!
Last edited by Iron Prime on Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Since B and D are pretty clearly not going to win, I'll suggest that those 3 people should shift their votes to A or C now, to help avoid another runoff vote. (basically, to let us start the runoff now instead of waiting until tomorrow to do it anyway). We need to get one of the A/C options above 50%.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
I went with C because I felt it was the more "personnel" of the images. In my mind A feels more like an alternate image than a standard personnel image.

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]