This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Is there a possibility of abusing this card now that black hole is off the ban list?

Seems like a VERY easy way to score 15 points per turn.

I dedicate a ship to doing this while the rest of my forces are doing two easy missions.....

Examine Singularity
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Takket wrote:Is there a possibility of abusing this card now that black hole is off the ban list?

I dedicate a ship to doing this while the rest of my forces are doing two easy missions.....

Examine Singularity
You would need a bunch of Examine Singularitys and Black Holes, since Examine goes to your point area and Black Hole goes out-of-play.
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
Takket wrote:Is there a possibility of abusing this card now that black hole is off the ban list?

Examine Singularity
You would need a bunch of Examine Singularitys and Black Holes, since Examine goes to your point area and Black Hole goes out-of-play.
Two are enough to give you a quite stable 2 mission win (with 2 missions worth 35 points). I think it's a nice new old bonus point mechanic, you need two seed slots for it, some Holes in your Draw deck. I don't think it is really abusable, just nice :thumbsup:

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Clerasil ToB wrote:
AllenGould wrote:

Examine Singularity
Two are enough to give you a quite stable 2 mission win (with 2 missions worth 35 points). I think it's a nice new old bonus point mechanic, you need two seed slots for it, some Holes in your Draw deck. I don't think it is really abusable, just nice :thumbsup:
Seed neutral outpost at right ❖ space, 2 examine singularity, tCM > Finest crew, seed spacedoor and seed ams > sir isaac newton ...and Soren. Turn 1 play hole, play ship, play 2 7 cunning guys, collapse hole, turn 2 do it again, turn 3 start solving missions. Came up with this in 3 min. 30 bonus points easy peasy.
Last edited by Hoss-Drone on Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 -  
Community Contributor
Hoss-Drone wrote:Turn 1 play hole
turn 2 do it again
Where are you getting the Black Holes in this scenario? You could Tent one, but that doesn't get you the second.
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
turn 2 do it again
Where are you getting the Black Holes in this scenario? You could Tent one, but that doesn't get you the second.
I think you have to draw them, not 100 % sure but nothing stops you from attempting first and closing the holes anytime...

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Clerasil ToB wrote:
AllenGould wrote:
turn 2 do it again
I think you have to draw them, not 100 % sure but nothing stops you from attempting first and closing the holes anytime...
6 holes in 42 card deck with a masaka is over 75% to get two on the first 2 turns assuming you get even 2 draws each of the first two turns since you can masaka before playing a hole.
 -  
Community Contributor
Enabran wrote:And that is, where Writ of Accountability cames in :P
True, but Writ is not the easiest counter to splash. All it means is that you don't bring this trick every tournament. :)

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
Enabran wrote:And that is, where Writ of Accountability cames in :P
True, but Writ is not the easiest counter to splash. All it means is that you don't bring this trick every tournament. :)
If I'm running q's tent with ref pile, writ is in there by default for me. Thanks Errata Team
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 -  
Community Contributor
Sure, but how do you get it out? FCA isn't easy, especially in the current meta.
 -  
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote:Sure, but how do you get it out? FCA isn't easy, especially in the current meta.
The classic Writ -> Brunt -> Writ trick? With Tribunal you don't even need two copies anymore.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:Sure, but how do you get it out? FCA isn't easy, especially in the current meta.
The classic Writ -> Brunt -> Writ trick? With Tribunal you don't even need two copies anymore.
Bingo and since Brunt is a DS9 property he doesn't even miss with my favorite play engines. If I'm at all concerned about being cheesed. One extra card I don't normally use is minimal cost to slap that in the face
Crossover question

I was literally just typing up this question all[…]

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0