This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Not sure I get why some missions aren't staples of Borg deck design.
I.E. namely those that cannot be easily completed by potential opposing affiliations.

Such as:
Bioweapon Ruse [40; P; Alpha] (requires Obsidian Order),
Construct Depot [30; S; Alpha/Universal] (requires Vorta),
Deliver Message [30; P; Alpha] (requires Acquisition or specific Ferengi personnel, common homeworld inclusion),
Gunrunning [40; S; Alpha] (requires greed x2 + smuggling x2),

Mining Survey [40; S; Alpha] (requires a nor with ore processing unit),
Orb Negotiations [ 35; P; Alpha] (requires Bajoran VIP or an "Orb" icon personnel {12 exist}, and is a homeworld),
Quash Conspiracy [40; P; Alpha] (requires Tal Shiar),
Reunion [X; P; Alpha] (requires specific personnel & is a 001 region mission).

Intelligence Operation [40; P; Gamma] (homeworld, but requires either Tal Shiar or Obsidian Order),
Tulaberry Wine Negotiations [45; P; Gamma] (requires Acquisition x3 or multiple specific Ferengi personnel).

Combat Training [25; P; Delta] (requires Kazon maje),
Research Phage [40; P; Delta] (requires Vidiian or specific Non-Aligned personnel),
Secure Station [30; S; Delta/Universal] (requires Alpha-Hirogen personnel).

Of these planet missions, only Deliver Message, Reunion, and Combat Training can't be targets forAssimilate Planet?

Any of the space missions should be viable targets for an Establish Gateway objective?
I did notice though that none of these space missions count as a nebula for Transwarp Hub.

Even with espionage, I'd think other decks rarely able to complete any of these given the non-optional requirements.
Plus, I'd think the dilemmas typical of Borg decks would also make these missions that much more difficult to snipe from you.
Last edited by Haakona_Ops on Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
There's not just one reason why all those missions aren't used by the Borg, but each one has at least one reason why they are less common for Borg. Some are in the Gamma Quadrant, which requires special planning, and Intelligence Operation and Deliver Message would require you to stock Weyoun or Brunt of Borg (or have a Dominion or Ferengi opponent) to be able to Assimilate Homeworld on.

Reunion shows X points, so it doesn't show at least 35 points for Assimilate Planet purposes, and the same goes for Combat Training, which shows only 25. The others are 40 points or above, which make them stealable potentially in OTF. Sure they have weird requirements, but why run that risk when there are plenty of good 35 point options.

The last reason (that I'm going to list at least, I'm sure there's more) why people don't run more exotic missions like these with Borg is that it makes it harder to bluff that you are playing a different affiliation. You could craft 6 missions that look like a Fed deck or a Klingon deck's mission selection, but if you have Reunion and Quash Conspiracy, it's obvious that you aren't planning on solving both of those, so you must be playing Borg.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
As a Borg player, I used construct depot in one deck, deliver message in the Brunt deck, and I use orb negotiations in both Bariel and Dukat decks.

Other than that, yeah, all of the above answers stand as stated. There are just better options.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Resistance-is-futile wrote:LOVE IT BORG!!!!!

more Borg in 1E please

You really can’t bluff Qu’nos with other Klingon space and planet. If I know you’ve played Borg and I see this I’m prolly gonna say you may be Borg

Gowron of Borg is to good not to use lol
I really wanna make a Klingon Borg bluff deck. Survey Mission, FGC-47 Research, Qo'Nos and 35 point planets.

Unfortunately those skill requirements aren't great for Klingons. A Fed Borg bluff might be easier.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation