This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'm sure there are more but the first example I see is Zayra. His special ability lets one play Hate Crime as an Interrupt where present but how would a player get that card to play? If I remember right dilemmas cannot be placed into a deck. Dyson Sphere Door is one way I think, and in theory if one gets past Hate Crime I believe Res-Q can theoretically bring that dilemma to hand to use as an Interrupt, but what other ways are there for things like this to work?

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Latok wrote:As a side note, you actually can't Res-Q dilemmas in OTF because they're removed from the game rather than discarded.
I'm lucky to play casual games, so no OTF for me. Not an issue there.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
eberlems wrote:In 1E you can put any card in your draw deck/tent. Most times it is useless, but sometimes like Hate Crime for Zayra or Kazon Bomb for Tierna can be useful.
Not quite correct. Side deck cards -- Tactics, Tribbles, Troubles, and Q-icon cards -- cannot be stocked in your draw deck or Q's Tent, because of the special rules about how they are discarded (they return to their side deck of origin).

But dilemmas and even missions, sure, stock 'em up.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
BCSWowbagger wrote:even missions
My task this year is to get my opponent so drunk, I can come up with some BS as to why slamming a planet on the table with Vic Fontaine is a legal move. :shifty:
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
sexecutioner wrote:
My task this year is to get my opponent so drunk, I can come up with some BS as to why slamming a planet on the table with Vic Fontaine is a legal move. :shifty:
Is this a preview of Aberdeen Anarchy?
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
BCSWowbagger wrote:
eberlems wrote:In 1E you can put any card in your draw deck/tent. Most times it is useless, but sometimes like Hate Crime for Zayra or Kazon Bomb for Tierna can be useful.
Not quite correct. Side deck cards -- Tactics, Tribbles, Troubles, and Q-icon cards -- cannot be stocked in your draw deck or Q's Tent, because of the special rules about how they are discarded (they return to their side deck of origin).

But dilemmas and even missions, sure, stock 'em up.
To use the words of the rulebook:
Rulebook wrote:Your draw deck may be of any size, as long as it contains at least 30 cards. You may put any card in your draw deck, except [Tac] Tactic, [Trib] Tribble, [Trob] Trouble, and [Q] Q-Icon cards. However, you should avoid cards that must be seeded rather than played, such as [D] Dilemmas and [Art] Artifacts, since you will normally have no way of using them if stocked in your draw deck. You may include as many copies of each card as you like.
yea, you are right on that deck part. But can any card be put in Q's Tent?
OTF Q's Planet may be in a Q's Tent side Deck
 -  
Community Contributor
eberlems wrote:But can any card be put in Q's Tent?
OTF Q's Planet may be in a Q's Tent side Deck
That's a very intriguing question to which I did not immediately know the answer! But the Glossary doth provide:
Q’s Tent side deck – This side deck allows
you to stock up to 13 different cards (no
duplicates) which you can access during
play. You may stock any card in your Q’s
Tent side deck except a Q-icon card (unless
allowed by the card), or a Tactic, Tribble, or
Trouble card.
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Which I think generalizes to "any card that can be in your seed deck, draw deck, or mission whatever-we-call-those-six-cards"

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
sexecutioner wrote:
Looking through the glossary and rulebook and trying to figure out where it says you can't do this... (covers head in preparation for pummeling from rolled up glossary).
 -  
Community Contributor
Takket wrote:
sexecutioner wrote:
Looking through the glossary and rulebook and trying to figure out where it says you can't do this... (covers head in preparation for pummeling from rolled up glossary).
Well, obviously, you can't [DL] something that can't be played in general, and missions can't be played as your normal card play because it says in... oh, not there, I guess it must be under... really? maybe we'll find it in...

Uh...

Hunh.
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote: Hunh.
:o

OK, I found this:
Glossary-Q's Tent Side Deck wrote:Cards that must normally be seeded (e.g.,
missions, dilemmas, and artifacts) can be
placed in your Q’s Tent, but you will not be
able to use them unless a card allows it (Q’s
Planet, Hide and Seek, Starry Night, etc.)
But yeah... looks like there's a sentence missing from the "missions" entry.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:Well, obviously, you can't [DL] something that can't be played in general, and missions can't be played as your normal card play because it says in... oh, not there, I guess it must be under... really? maybe we'll find it in...

Uh...

Hunh.
I would argue that even if you can do this, it won't really help you. A [DL] of a card played on the spaceline has to go to the [DL] location and I can't [DL] a mission on top of another mission. (or play one from hand) (Or can I... if it a persona???). So the only place this could go to the table where it would be useless. One example of "not useless" I could see is Aid Fugitives sending Hippocratic Oath medical to a place where they can never be rescued.

okay you can't do this because... you just can't. everyone knows that. somehow.
Is Sedis a captain?

Keywords are written in lore, not implied But […]

(I personally file "2E did it" in the s[…]

Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]