This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
It’s hit or miss I guess... it’s only what people are willing to pay on any given day....

I’ve never thought about selling them as I was still into Trek even if it wasn’t the game so I kept them as a collectible...

But as the game is still alive and kicking maybe they’ll get some use again someday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
nobthehobbit wrote:The Brady Games guide might be worth a pretty penny to a collector of STCCG memorabilia.
I've given away a couple of these as nostalgic prize support. It's good for a few chuckles.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
OKCoyote wrote:
nobthehobbit wrote:The Brady Games guide might be worth a pretty penny to a collector of STCCG memorabilia.
I've given away a couple of these as nostalgic prize support. It's good for a few chuckles.
I’m guessing the rules have changed a bit and I should stick to the pdfs above then?

Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Retrogamer82 wrote:
OKCoyote wrote:
I’m guessing the rules have changed a bit and I should stick to the pdfs above then?

They are quite different from that book, yes. Rules were updated with almost every new set.

In addition, many of the cards spotlighted in the book have since received errata (or are currently banned altogether).

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
i still have a copy in my closet. definitely not mint lol i read it about 10 times.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Fritzinger wrote:
Retrogamer82 wrote: I can’t for the life of me remember the rules anymore
If like me you start puzzling through your old decks and you get a headache around the time you get to the side decks... 2e is this way viewforum.php?f=14

That’s what happened to me in 2010 and I haven’t looked back.
I do remember buying a booster box of 2E as soon as it came out but it didn't grab me like 1E did.....but I may give it a look again and see what I'm missing...
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
Retrogamer82 wrote:
Fritzinger wrote:If like me you start puzzling through your old decks and you get a headache around the time you get to the side decks... 2e is this way viewforum.php?f=14

I do remember buying a booster box of 2E as soon as it came out but it didn't grab me like 1E did.....but I may give it a look again and see what I'm missing...
You might enjoy these learn to play videos in this thread here.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Fritzinger wrote:
Retrogamer82 wrote: I can’t for the life of me remember the rules anymore
If like me you start puzzling through your old decks and you get a headache around the time you get to the side decks... 2e is this way viewforum.php?f=14

No! Don't just leave 1e!! Think about your beautiful cards. At least play both, then. :wink:
Retrogamer82 wrote:
OKCoyote wrote:
Look, I love my copy (even despite the fact that I invested a lot of capital to get it, haha!) and have also read it cover to cover, but I was underwhelmed by its game support content. There is nothing in its rules section that wasn't in the first rulebook, and not much in the card highlights that wasn't blatantly obvious within our playgroup back then (in 1995).

But TBH: most of it was obvious to my playgroup, who had told me before I read it right after the book's publishing; but I myself might not have thought of everything that it said. :P
So, on the other hand, I might underestimate its worth (back then) to very small groups, or those who didn't have Magic The Gathering experience since 1993.

And I did love the anecdotal and historical first chapters! I recently, gladly, re-read those.
Anyone else was happy with those nostalgic account of the game's genesis? :)

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I know 1E is where my heart is so I want to stick there if I can but playing 2E aswell is defo a plan....

Just need to get my head round the rules, then get my head round Lackey, then get my head round Discord.... lots of getting my head round things lol

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Just pick one. And do that first. The new interactive (or PDF) rulebook might be a nice start.
Or chatting in the Discord.

One step at a time, you be fine. 8)

(Too bad that as such, I shouldn't point out my favourite subjects here, for you to consider spending time in... ...? :D :wink: :P )

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I've downloaded Lackey, and 1E and 2E and downloaded the card images so I'm set to start on the rules now lol

Defo going for the interactive rules

@Brad are you Brad Snyder?

That is intended. A cure dilemma ALWAYS has its ef[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a di[…]

Capturing Related

Thank you for the explanation. It's speculative, b[…]