This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Hey guys,

I am soooo glad to see this game is still going somewhere in the world....

I used to love playing this and still have quite a few of my cards, would be really nice to see some local people come back to the fold too...
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Retrogamer82 wrote:Hey guys,

I am soooo glad to see this game is still going somewhere in the world....

I used to love playing this and still have quite a few of my cards, would be really nice to see some local people come back to the fold too...
Welcome!

I'm on my way to work so I'll have to cut short my usual introduction to the site. I'm sure others will fill you in.

Meanwhile, where are you from? There may already be a playgroup near you. And there's also online play.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I am from South West England.... very South West lol.....

How does online play work?

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Retrogamer82 wrote:I am from South West England.... very South West lol.....

I think there's a couple people living near Bristol that might still play occasionally, but no tournaments that have been run out that way recently.

Online tournaments are played over Lackey, which is a virtual tabletop software. You build your deck, it helps keep track of where all the cards are for you and your opponents, and people normally talk over Skype or Discord while they're playing, to discuss what's happening with each other.
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Retrogamer82 wrote:How does online play work?

Hello Retrogamer82!
If you're a new player or revisiting the game, might I suggest the Online League and The Dojo's Discord Channel?

We're at about 120 players currently from all around the world and The Discord/The Online League is full of returning and/or new players just like yourself. We got a bunch of guys who can walk you through either first & second editions, or Tribbles and specifically Lackey.

...and if you aren't interested in playing yet - atleast come say hi and make some new chums. We talk about everything and can answer any questions you may have especially when the message boards around here seem lifeless and cold!

*Use this link here to sign up!
*Use this link here to log into your account once signed up!
*Don't forget to download the mobile app!

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Fritzinger wrote:

Anywhere near Steyning?

(I don’t live there, I just visited once)
No not really, that’s about 150 miles further up.... that’s just south of london I think

I’ll jump on the discord... I can’t for the life of me remember the rules anymore but I’m going to dig out my folders to take a look at the cards... it’s all 1E I know that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I can’t for the life of me remember the rules anymore
Rules? Did someone say RULES?!

https://www.trekcc.org/op/1e_rulebook/

^ I may have written this. And I may be a little enthusiastic about helping returning players remember the rules.

Another option is the series of Powerpoint tutorials on my site (which I did not make, and which are a few years out of date now - but for some people, it's exactly the right way to relearn the game):

https://starshipexcelsior.com/othersites/stccg1e/

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  

Is this still current? Lol

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Welcome back to the game!

We have a solid player base in the UK. Events normally take place in Manchester, Grimsby and Beccles, with the odd one here and there in Aberdeen :)

Paddy is the main events guy in the UK.

Find it difficult to travel? I'm sure I can twist Paddy's arm at some point to bring an event near you.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
The Brady Games guide might be worth a pretty penny to a collector of STCCG memorabilia.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
nobthehobbit wrote:The Brady Games guide might be worth a pretty penny to a collector of STCCG memorabilia.
Really? Lol, I’ve got the Data Laughing card too in one of my folders....

I have a load of full sets but didn’t think they were worth too much these days

-  
Community Contributor
Retrogamer82 wrote:I have a load of full sets but didn’t think they were worth too much these days
It depends insanely on which sets.

A couple years ago, I bought a complete set of Rules of Acquisition for $8.

That's the cheapest deal I've ever got, but it's pretty easy to get several sets for less than $25.

On the opposite extreme, a complete set of All Good Things will set you back roughly $1000 -- and that number just keeps going up.

So, like I say, it depends INSANELY on which sets.

The most expensive sets are late, but the priciest early set is Deep Space 9.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
All Good Things is the set I wish I had tbh but when it came out I wasn’t as interested in the game....

I have a Fajo collection which used to be worth a little and a complete reflections

-  
Community Contributor
Retrogamer82 wrote:All Good Things is the set I wish I had tbh but when it came out I wasn’t as interested in the game....
Yeah, that's why nobody has it. And that, in turn, is why it's so expensive! The Motion Pictures and to a lesser extent Holodeck Adventures are also very costly.
I have a Fajo collection which used to be worth a little and a complete reflections
Fajo Collection costs next to nothing these days. I don't know why, since it seemed to me it was in high demand way back when, but, whatever, it's a free market.

Reflections is good! I don't have a good sense for prices, because I don't chase foils (it's enough work trying to get a copy of every card!), but my sense is that a complete Reflections is worth some cash.

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]