This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 194 posts
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
GD doubles the value of the mission, which was set to 30 by PHE, resulting in a 60 point value.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
omg lol.

i dont think this game does have sth like "timestamps"

so the last applied effect isnt the actual one?

its doubled, then 30 is applied, then doubled again?...

we need a rework of 1e badly...
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
It doubles the point value when the mission is solved. The mission is solved using PHE, and as such its value was 30 points, which becomes 60. There's no timestamps needed.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Ensign Q wrote:why does Lethean Telepathic Attack discard when it kills and reseeds when its disables
I don't think Lethean Telepathic Attack ever reseeds. If you meet the conditions, it is discarded. If you fail its conditions, it is placed on a personnel. If that personnel has low attributes, the personnel is discarded (and so is Lethean Telepathic Attack). So that's two outcomes where it's discarded, one outcome where it's on a personnel (and isn't reseeded), and zero outcome where it gets reseeded.

What am I missing?

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
oh yeah, i completely read it wrong. it gets placed on the personnel and is not a wall.
Last edited by Ensign Q on Wed May 15, 2019 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Ensign Q wrote:oh yeah, i completely read it wrong. it gets placed on the personnel not the mission
:thumbsup: Glad I could help!

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
too bad though, i thought it was actually good lol

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote:too bad though, i thought it was actually good lol
It is an "unless" dilemma, so it is a one time wall if you don't have 2 Empathy.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[1E-AU] Please see this topic (for the background on this peculiarness); and now for a specific question. :borg:

If I would buy some rares -- and I'm thinking of Gowron Of Borg & Dukat Of Borg counterparts -- I could stuff them on Cryosatellite with my Weyoun Of Borg, and seed them.

However, how does that resolve when I earn them?

Actually, they already "enter play" during seeding (right?) -- does that make this move illegal already?

And if not yet illegal when seeded, do I have time between their "arrivals" -- if separate -- to "find about each of them that he'll make an excellent drone" (i.e., to play that [Int] )? Before they become illegal and/or discarded?

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
You can't have three counterparts. Unless you have 2+ copies of A Willing Companion, you'll have to discard two of the three counterparts immediately (or all three if you already had one out)
Glossary, Page 19, Counterparts, Paragraph 2 wrote: A counterpart may not be downloaded or affected by cards that specify drones. Your collective is limited to one counterpart in play at a time. Thus, if you have one counterpart in play, you may not play or assimilate another, and if you acquire another one (e.g., from a Cryosatellite), the second one must be discarded. A counterpart may be converted to a drone with He Will Make an Excellent Drone.
You can't use Excellent Drone fast enough and would have to discard them immediately. Fortunately, there are now a couple [1E-AU] drones that you can work with. Also remember, you _must_ have Sixteen of Nineteen, the Survey Drone, to even collect the Cryosatellite. Ancient relics are irrelevant except to 16/19.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Thanks! I SNAFU'ed and copy-posted this question in 2 topics :? -- sorry 'bout that.

But the answers are exactly the same, so that verifies y'all wisdom. 8)

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Suden Kapala wrote:Thanks! I SNAFU'ed and copy-posted this question in 2 topics :? -- sorry 'bout that.

But the answers are exactly the same, so that verifies y'all wisdom. 8)
lol, because I answered it both times :D

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Haha, really!? Hadn't noticed. :? I was reading on the fly, and thanking, but not payong attention to the writer :shifty: How come you didn't cross-link or copy-paste? :D

Anyway -- good job. :thumbsup:

@Brad are you Brad Snyder?

That is intended. A cure dilemma ALWAYS has its ef[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a di[…]

Capturing Related

Thank you for the explanation. It's speculative, b[…]