This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Retrogamer82 wrote:
How about this one? Sorry it’s not Star Trek
That is the smallest "uncut" sheet I've ever seen. I didn't even know they did 5x5 print runs!

I've got a QC sheet in the basement somewhere.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
Retrogamer82 wrote:
How about this one? Sorry it’s not Star Trek
That is the smallest "uncut" sheet I've ever seen. I didn't even know they did 5x5 print runs!

I've got a QC sheet in the basement somewhere.
Possibly because it’s foils.... orrrr it was a larger sheet and it was cut down for the limited edition lol so it’s a cut un cut sheet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
That has the look of special prize support to me. Even the foils sheets where much larger than 5x5 I thought. Plus it's numbered as only 1000. Foils were rare but not that rare...

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Iron Prime wrote:That has the look of special prize support to me. Even the foils sheets where much larger than 5x5 I thought. Plus it's numbered as only 1000. Foils were rare but not that rare...
Correct, you can buy uncut Endor foil sheets on Ebay for $50 and they're the typical 11x10.

That one has two General Solos, which IIRC, was the Light Side Ultra Rare (or one of two Light Side ultra rares). On a full sheet those would be 2/121, which is a much more realistic distribution.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Ah well you guys know more about it than me.... I picked it up with a few Star Wars film cell limited editions from Facebook marketplace

First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Retrogamer82 wrote:Ah well you guys know more about it than me.... I picked it up with a few Star Wars film cell limited editions from Facebook marketplace
Honestly, a 5x5 special print run is likely more interesting than a regular "uncut sheet" - and a far more manageable size!

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I will admit it does look nice, I’ve always liked the way foils look....

If it was Trek it would be so much better ;)

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
IIRC the black card was included in the Tribbles CCG game. There is also a colored test card that are included in TWT boosters and a white one included in MM. I think it happened when a sheet doesn't have 121 but only 120 cards on it and they had to fill the gap.

I am pretty sure Soong-type Android is a tournament foil as are most of the non-BoG, non-Ref foils. I think the Borg cube was handed out in stores.

There was a very good site about collecting STCCG, but unfortunately it is down. Here is a link to the Wayback Machine: https://web.archive.org/web/20151005220 ... ermes.org/

I think the Endor foil sheet was a tournament prize I think because the sheet is was too small. Star Wars CCG has a very good PDF about all their stuff here: http://www.starwarsccg.org/wp/wp-conten ... edia-2.pdf
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
I can't speak for 1E, but I believe the black front cards were also used to separate the 10th Anniversary (with the X logo) 2E cards into complete sets.

As far as the foil STA cards go, they were earned by redeeming a number of empty pack wrappers sent to Decipher. Another way was how I got mine - as a consolation prize for people who won a bye to the Worlds that was cancelled back around 911. Along with a letter from Warren Holland, we received a small, Decipher, 4 pocket binder with 4 foils in them. The STA was one of the foils.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Suden Kapala wrote:
Professor Scott wrote:
I never had any Star Trek Black fronts, but I did have a couple each of LS and DS Star Wars ones. They came out of packs or starters and I don't recall what rarity position they came in. It was just a print rarity as I have no idea under what process they came into being. But if I had my guess,
I would presume that they would have started life as a Site for Star Wars or a Mission for Star Trek as those would be on the only cards that would be made all black during the printing process.
Interesting! :o Can you elaborate on this? Why are sites (SW) & missions (ST) different from other cards in their respective games -- why were they all-black, as opposed to other cards? They do have the same metallic borders (ST) and plating texture (SW) as the other cards, I would say... I'm curious as to what you know about this! :)
I was just speculating because these cards would have black all the way to edge since sites and Missions are essentially border-less. Now that I have had time to think about it, all Black Bordered cards would have black all the way to the border before ink applied, but upon even further thought, why would you apply ink onto black and not unto white?

More realistically, as Harry696 has already proven, they may have just been place holders on the uncut sheets that somehow made it into the pack/box instead of being removed by QA/QC.
Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a […]

Interested but as you know life is a bit nuts with[…]

I think the scenario was more around things li[…]

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]