This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Justice13
 -  
I looked all over and nobody thought of it. It really makes the seed card everyone says is only for starter decks great. I never liked the changelings at all in the show. So I have no desire to play them. So finding a easy engine for dominion deck was a challenge for me. I finally thought of it today. Anyway now on to the topic. Everyone knows about young Jem'Hadar and birthing camber. The problem there is you need 2 cards in starting hand. My way you only need the young Jem'Hadar in your hand. The seed card is new arrivals. I think you are seeing it now.

Example

You play young Jem'Hadar for free via new arrivals
You play your normal play
Do your other stuff
Swap out young Jem'Hadar for Jem'Hadar in hand
Draw 2 cards

Next turn repeat because new arrivals says free univeral personal not in play. Well young Jem'Hadar is not in play at start of your next turn.

You can also add war efforts and asp to this combo. Since asp does not get rid of new arrivals.

What yall think?
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
It's still limited the same way as Jem'Hadar have always been: by the reliance of drawing by chance the proper number of Young Jemmies vs old Jemmies. In your case, you need to have enough Young Jemmies to ensure you get it turn 1. And yet, every Young Jemmie after the first will simply clog your deck, since you can only report 1 per turn with New Arrivals.

In a perfect scenario, this will net you 5 card draws per turn, but only 3 plays from hand. This is the way I see it working out, and correct me if I'm wrong:

Turn 1:
(Maybe) Play Young Jemmie from hand for free
(Maybe) Play Jemmie from hand
Defend Homeworld -> Deyos
(Maybe) Swap Young for Old Jemmie -> Draw 1 via Deyos
Draw 1 via New Arrivals
Draw 1 normally

Turn 2 (and beyond):
(Maybe) Play Young Jemmie from hand for free
(Maybe) Play Jemmie from hand -> Draw 1 via Deyos
Download via ASP a Jemmie -> Draw 1 via Deyos
(Maybe) Swap Young for old Jemmie -> Draw 1 via Deyos
Draw 1 via New Arrivals
Draw 1 normally

By Justice13
 -  
Yeah your way works too. I love star trek but I do hate there is not something for everyone. I like being creative with my decks. I would like to use the motion pictures Klingons. There is only one free play engine and no easy draw engine. So unless I pack my deck full of draw cards. I would lose for sure. I'm just basically glad I thought of something for Jem'Hadar deck. I didn't really want to use what I saw from other people. My friend likes the flavor of the cards. I however come over from magic. So I would rather have them make a red alert errata. You may report a personal for free each turn not already in play. So we as players could make all kinds of decks.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
eberlems wrote:Does return of [KW] personnel using Temporal Rift and Deyos at the same mission still work?
Good question. The glossary has specific text for Temporal Rift, saying that the cards are in play only for the purpose of uniqueness. Therefore, it could be reasoned that when TR expires, the cards enter play again for all other purposes. Thus netting a card draw for each from Deyos.

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
JeBuS wrote:
eberlems wrote:Does return of [KW] personnel using Temporal Rift and Deyos at the same mission still work?
Good question. The glossary has specific text for Temporal Rift, saying that the cards are in play only for the purpose of uniqueness. Therefore, it could be reasoned that when TR expires, the cards enter play again for all other purposes. Thus netting a card draw for each from Deyos.

*Paging our illustrious rules lawyer*

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Justice13 wrote:I looked all over and nobody thought of it. It really makes the seed card everyone says is only for starter decks great. I never liked the changelings at all in the show. So I have no desire to play them. So finding a easy engine for dominion deck was a challenge for me. I finally thought of it today. Anyway now on to the topic. Everyone knows about young Jem'Hadar and birthing camber. The problem there is you need 2 cards in starting hand. My way you only need the young Jem'Hadar in your hand. The seed card is new arrivals. I think you are seeing it now.

Example

You play young Jem'Hadar for free via new arrivals
You play your normal play
Do your other stuff
Swap out young Jem'Hadar for Jem'Hadar in hand
Draw 2 cards

Next turn repeat because new arrivals says free univeral personal not in play. Well young Jem'Hadar is not in play at start of your next turn.

You can also add war efforts and asp to this combo. Since asp does not get rid of new arrivals.

What yall think?

I love the Dominion. The problem is that they don't have the skills to do well on their own and new arrivals severely limits them. The Dominion might have draw engines but they are hard to get out, are countered by new arrivals to be effective, and are heavily in need of seeded cards to function.

White Deprivation being a Ref icon card is just brutal for the Dominion.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hello, Justice!
Justice13 wrote:You can also add war efforts and asp to this combo. Since asp does not get rid of new arrivals.

What yall think?
I think War Efforts is always a very good idea! :wink: For the rest, I'm still working on my [Dom] strategies... This topic may help, thanks.

I'm a bit late to the game, but: welcome here. 8)

Please feel free to tell us something about yourself and your game experiences / preferences, in this topic; or about your other ("non-nerd"?) hobbies, here.

And here is a "STCCG 101" article to get you started with some FAQs.

But -- you seem to know all that already. :) Well, in any case, have a good time here; and I hope to chat with you more.

Personally, I'd also be interested in your opinions on these nice topics (none of my making): your favourite most-1E card (and why) and "nerdy" non-card items you own.

And for some quick laughs, go here (and multiply).

Did you know? Via the Players / Region sections of the website you can find other players in your area. You can update your own location via Tournaments and Update Profile.

By 10and01
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Built and played with this recently: https://www.trekcc.org/1e/decklists/ind ... ckID=19912

It was based on the Dominion affiliation article series and I wish all affiliations had series like that. It could probably be tightened up and this was at-home casual play, but it played amazing two games in a row.

Notes:
Post garrison didn't work as well as I'd hoped and could probably be taken out.
The free equipment play engines on [Dom] outposts was a lot stronger than I thought it would be.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
10and01 wrote:Built and played with this recently: https://www.trekcc.org/1e/decklists/ind ... ckID=19912

It was based on the Dominion affiliation article series and I wish all affiliations had series like that. It could probably be tightened up and this was at-home casual play, but it played amazing two games in a row.

Notes:
Post garrison didn't work as well as I'd hoped and could probably be taken out.
The free equipment play engines on [Dom] outposts was a lot stronger than I thought it would be.

Looks like could be a solid deck but you didn't use new arrivals at all. Which was the point of the topic. A draw and free play engine to play any jemadar.

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And just to add to the overall discussion, coming […]

MN 2024 Gatherings

28th it is. 1E Event is up: https://www.trekcc.or[…]