This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By aabecame
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I attempt a mission with the Delta Flyer and hit Aphasia Device with 6 personnel, I then dock on Voyager what happens to the people on the Delta Flyer?
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
aabecame wrote:I attempt a mission with the Delta Flyer and hit Aphasia Device with 6 personnel, I then dock on Voyager what happens to the people on the Delta Flyer?
They can't leave the Delta Flyer and continue to be disabled. The rest of the Voyager crew is unaffected.

Interestingly, it doesn't work the other way. If Voyager hits Aphasia Device, then Delta Flyer docks on Voyager, the Delta Flyer crew has entered the quarantine, is affected along with the rest of the Voyager crew, and may disembark from the Flyer to Voyager if they want.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:
aabecame wrote:I attempt a mission with the Delta Flyer and hit Aphasia Device with 6 personnel, I then dock on Voyager what happens to the people on the Delta Flyer?
They can't leave the Delta Flyer and continue to be disabled. The rest of the Voyager crew is unaffected.

Interestingly, it doesn't work the other way. If Voyager hits Aphasia Device, then Delta Flyer docks on Voyager, the Delta Flyer crew has entered the quarantine, is affected along with the rest of the Voyager crew, and may disembark from the Flyer to Voyager if they want.

So I guess this works the same for classic enterprise and Columbus.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I would work, basically, the same for any craft carried by another.

I do wonder, though -- where in the Glossary can we look this up? Where did you find it BCSWowbagger? (I could think of various places where to look for it. Too many for comfort.)

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Suden Kapala wrote:I would work, basically, the same for any craft carried by another.

I do wonder, though -- where in the Glossary can we look this up? Where did you find it BCSWowbagger? (I could think of various places where to look for it. Too many for comfort.)
Carried ships in the glossary. Although something in that entry confuses me. It says the crew of a carried ship is part of the crew of the mother ship. So can Voyager crew help cure the aphasia device???

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
If the AD is on Voyager, then the people on both ships are part of the crew, and can cure it together.
If the AD is on the carried Flyer, then the Voyager people who aren't on the Flyer are not part of the Flyer's crew. However, they can board the Flyer, at which point they are part of its crew (and subject to the quarantine), and can help cure it.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
(I stumbled across this while looking for something -- and cringed.)

This card. I hate it. So much. In our local play environment, it works too well against my sloppy, late-night, hasty play.

This is why my opponents have won too many games.

"C'mon, do I really need to wait for 2 MED and 2 Bio before starting an attempt? :shifty: That dilemma caught me red-shirted the last three games. This time, the roll of the die shouldn't work out that badly for me. Right? 8) "
Code: Select all
Turns over dilemma.
"Oh. :x It's you again. The Device. Really."

And then, today, next came The Swarm. 3 turns later, crew dead. :( Those were the last 30 points I scored for the duration.

I'm banning it from our play group. :thumbsdown:

No, but seriously, how does this card perform in current-day OTF Virtual/Complete environments? Still fairly good? (I mean, it's not THAT much to ask for its cure requirements, I know... it's just that I keep attempting too soon, haha!)

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Suden Kapala wrote:(I stumbled across this while looking for something -- and cringed.)

This card. I hate it. So much. In our local play environment, it works too well against my sloppy, late-night, hasty play.

This is why my opponents have won too many games.

"C'mon, do I really need to wait for 2 MED and 2 Bio before starting an attempt? :shifty: That dilemma caught me red-shirted the last three games. This time, the roll of the die shouldn't work out that badly for me. Right? 8) "
Code: Select all
Turns over dilemma.
"Oh. :x It's you again. The Device. Really."

And then, today, next came The Swarm. 3 turns later, crew dead. :( Those were the last 30 points I scored for the duration.

I'm banning it from our play group. :thumbsdown:

No, but seriously, how does this card perform in current-day OTF Virtual/Complete environments? Still fairly good? (I mean, it's not THAT much to ask for its cure requirements, I know... it's just that I keep attempting too soon, haha!)
Yeah if you are "meta feeling" something like that is coming then prep for it.

Grab this guy with a Q's Tent and then stick him in your crew with TWM LOL

Surmak Ren

Dr. McCoy (Through the Looking Glass) and The Doctor can both more or less nullify this as well, by virtue of having the skills needed to cure it by themselves.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
If I had any of those outside of my binders, this would be sage advice. I hadn't looked at them this way, yet. Thx. :)

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Suden Kapala wrote:If I had any of those outside of my binders, this would be sage advice. I hadn't looked at them this way, yet. Thx. :)
Yeah make sure you understand the difference between cure and nullify if you use the Fed guys. Only Ren makes it just go away without disabling first.
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Suden Kapala wrote:No, but seriously, how does this card perform in current-day OTF Virtual/Complete environments? Still fairly good? (I mean, it's not THAT much to ask for its cure requirements, I know... it's just that I keep attempting too soon, haha!)
It's pretty terrible, Medical Crisis is a popular dilemma with harder requirements so playing a deck not good at passing it is a bad decision.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Takket wrote:
Suden Kapala wrote:If I had any of those outside of my binders, this would be sage advice. I hadn't looked at them this way, yet. Thx. :)
Yeah make sure you understand the difference between cure and nullify if you use the Fed guys. Only Ren makes it just go away without disabling first.
Unless I am mistaken though holograms cannot become disabled by Aphasia Device, so The Doctor still stands as a way to handle it regardless of the disable.

And Dr. McCoy can also do what Surmak Ren does as he just replaces Aphasia Device with any dilemma requiring MEDICAL.
Last edited by Slayer07 on Mon May 06, 2019 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 -  
Community Contributor
It mostly sees play now when boosted by Pawns.

By PantsOfTheTalShiar (Jason Tang)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Are disabled personnel eligible for random selections to die (e.g. Casualties)? I assume disabled personnel are not eligible for random selections to become disabled.
 -  
Community Contributor
Pants o.t. Tal Shiar wrote:Are disabled personnel eligible for random selections to die (e.g. Casualties)? I assume disabled personnel are not eligible for random selections to become disabled.
Typically no, because they are not present:
Glossary - present wrote:Personnel who are “stopped,” disabled, in stasis, or under house arrest form a separate crew or Away Team during your turn.

The number of dilemmas that get put on a ship is[…]

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]