This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Armus wrote:
DarkSabre wrote:
jjh wrote:At this point, I enjoy playing TNG Starter decks with Pack (D and/or Virtual) Draft or a Silver Tin component.

I believe "Block" as it exists to be an absolute Mess.

I hesitate to list my specific NPEs - undoubtedly they will be things that some people here love about the game and I don't want to de-rail the topic. But I will say this: For anyone who thinks competitive cut-throat constructed 1E is just seen at "high-level" TCC events and not Locals (thus isn't a "real" problem), they're flat out wrong.
Oh I agree with you that those decks are seen because people at the end of the day people who can only play occasionally do want to win.

But don’t hesitate to say what NPE means to you. For me playing against Borg or 22nd Vulcan Romulan Raptor coming after you SYKES TECH is NPE but I accept its a part of the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FTFY. :wink:
You know if I do end up at Continentals like I plan and I play my 22nd deck it’ll all be to pioneers like you Sykes.

I guess should correct myself: I feel dilemma manipulation, being able to gain skills from a personnel that is ‘not in play’, being able to unstop multiple ships with crews/away teams, have a sizable armada out, being able to teleport your raptors around Q style to be NPE because no other affiliation can touch that type of tech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'll give this one a try: "I would play more, but, I live in the ass end of nowhere (Northwest Tennessee) and it is a long drive to Atlanta, East Tennessee, Chicago, and other places where 1E events are held. I have one buddy here that I play 1E with but because we are both busy with UT Martin campus events, our gaming time is limited from August-May."

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Tyberius_Deangelo wrote:I'll give this one a try: "I would play more, but, I live in the ass end of nowhere (Northwest Tennessee) and it is a long drive to Atlanta, East Tennessee, Chicago, and other places where 1E events are held. I have one buddy here that I play 1E with but because we are both busy with UT Martin campus events, our gaming time is limited from August-May."
How far are you from Huntsville?

My goal is to eventually get regular tournaments going for all 3 games here. I know there's a group in Birmingham that plays 2e and my kids love Tribbles so that's easy enough, but I'm not aware of any 1e players close enough to support a tournament scene - hopefully that can change! :cross:

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
Tyberius_Deangelo wrote:I'll give this one a try: "I would play more, but, I live in the ass end of nowhere (Northwest Tennessee) and it is a long drive to Atlanta, East Tennessee, Chicago, and other places where 1E events are held. I have one buddy here that I play 1E with but because we are both busy with UT Martin campus events, our gaming time is limited from August-May."

My goal is to eventually get regular tournaments going for all 3 games here. I know there's a group in Birmingham that plays 2e and my kids love Tribbles so that's easy enough, but I'm not aware of any 1e players close enough to support a tournament scene - hopefully that can change! :cross:
According to Google, I am 3 hour 49 minutes away from Huntsville taking I-40E.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'd say a comfortable level of inertia keeps me from delving much deeper than checking out new releases plus the occasional deckbuilding and playtesting. For what it's worth, I do tend to stick to a few favorite affiliations instead of pivoting to whatever is the newest or strongest set by set. It's a bit of a waiting game until those favorites return to the spotlight or are given something more to do.

I suppose from my standpoint, if introducing new factions can be considered a lateral form of expansion, then what's more likely to catch my interest is a vertical one, or that "depth." At the same time, I think it's understandable if creating new factions is the bread and butter of new sets. That seems less likely to destabilize the game. It's just that there was so much that needed fixing with the existing power levels, not to mention making incomplete ones operational, that it's hard to tell if the game is still getting the house in order, or if the party is in full swing. Perhaps both.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Mostly just family time for me. I have a spouse with a disability, she doesn't drive, so weekends are our time to get out together and weekdays i'm at work.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Tyberius_Deangelo wrote:
Armus wrote:

Is that a distance/ travel time you consider "drivable" for a Tournament? If so, we may be able to get something going.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Hi Armus, I think so. It would mostly depend on the time of year the event takes place. When UT Martin's semester starts in late August it is non stop until early May. But, from mid-May to early August I have a lot of free time on my hands and I think I could find the time to drive that distance.

By Kander77 (Lee Sneathen)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I honestly don't think I even know how to play anymore
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Come over to my place today, then! I’ll volunteer Sevencrdspud to walk you through a game. [emoji6]

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Well, there's my general lack of free time, (I swear, someday soon I'll get a deck built and learn my way around Lackey) and especially my lack of predictable free time to arrange games, on top of some anxiety over meeting new folks (I promise y'all seem nice for the most part!) and fumbling over not remembering/knowing all the little details of how to play... (let alone play well, and when there don't seem to be many other newbies - but even then, my one game played since returning was when I ran off a couple of the Coming of Age starters and introduced my girlfriend to the game, and she beat the snot out of me there :shifty: )

As far as playing in person, if the player map is anything to go by I'm the only one around for 60+ miles, and my current car isn't exactly reliable. And even then, it looks like the Bay Area heavily favors 2E, which I've never played and don't have the nostalgia for. (Wouldn't mind learning at some point, though.)

I've tried to get a few other people (back) into the game, but it seems my friend group doesn't have much overlap between Trek fans and (potential) CCG players. :?

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Tyberius_Deangelo wrote:
Armus wrote:

That isn't horrible...for a bigger event I would say go for it to make it an entire day event. But everyone has their limits of travel.
HumQ: Pick of the Tribbles

It's Wednesday! We're more than halfway through th[…]

I guess we should have done "What can we […]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to another one of my homies, @seve[…]

Jared FW Kris 100-35