This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Hi all,

In the interests in being open and available as part of my new role as Director of First Edition, I am considering holding weekly "office hours." This would be a live stream of some sort - Twitch or Google Hangout on YouTube where I work on 1E, and am available to talk to anyone, take questions, or anything along those lines. Sessions would be recorded for later viewing, assuming there was anything worthwhile to view.

Would this be something you would find valuable?
Would you participate in something like this?
Would you want it to be the same time every week, or move around?

Let me know.

Office Hours Recordings

1. June 4th, 2019
In which we discuss [DQ] cards, Q-Flashes, and technical difficulties split the stream into two parts. A spoiler from The Cage is revealed.
Watch: Part I and Part II

-crp
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
I’d suggest a regular slot. You never know, myself and Niall may come and invade the hangout occasionally. With Beer. And dressed in our sexy Star Trek bathrobes. ;-)
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
2E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
KazonPADD wrote:I’d suggest a regular slot. You never know, myself and Niall may come and invade the hangout occasionally. With Beer. And dressed in our sexy Star Trek bathrobes. ;-)
Clothes maketh the man...

Michael,
not a Kingsman

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
jrch5618 wrote:How about just use the chat app here on Trekcc.org? Nobody ever uses it these days and it's kinda sad.

chat/index.php
because there is a discord ;)

that chat should be disabled by now ;)

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
If it fit my schedule I would tune in. :thumbsup:

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote:
jrch5618 wrote:How about just use the chat app here on Trekcc.org? Nobody ever uses it these days and it's kinda sad.

chat/index.php
because there is a discord ;)

that chat should be disabled by now ;)
Link to the discord?

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
I think the CC's chat would be fine, but I think Charlie's planning for something with video.

If there were a regular time, then there would presumably be some people who aren't available at that time, and couldn't participate. So I think I'll recommend having the time float around.
 -  
Prophet
European players, what time would be good for you?

I'm thinking about alternating between an American friendly time and a European friendly time; hopefully one of the two would align with Australian players as well.

-crp
 -  
Prophet
My first ever Office Hours as Director of First Edition will be on Tuesday, June 4th at 6 PM Pacific time. Here's a link to add the event to your Google calendar. Here's a way to convert that time to your local time. This session is ideal for people in the United States; next time, I'll pick a time friendlier to Europe or Australia.

I hope to see you there. If there are topics you want me to talk about or questions you want answered, feel free to post them here.

-crp
 -  
Prophet
Hello folks!

Just a reminder that I'll be holding office hours tonight from 6 PM through 7 PM Pacific time tonight. I'll post links to watch via YouTube as we get close to the start time, as well as a link to join the call if you'd like to chat or ask questions. I'll try and take questions from the Google Hangout chat as well as the CC's chat room as well.

I will have a spoiler from The Cage for you.

Looking forward to seeing you tonight.

-crp
 -  
Prophet
Welcome to my first ever Office Hours as the Director of First Edition! For the next hour or so, I'll be working on 1E live on a Google Hangout, broadcast via YouTube. You can watch the stream by going to this URL:

To watch the stream, click here: http://youtu.be/Wg60fsjYlD0

If you would like to join me live on the stream, you can. Please be aware that your sound may be transmitted to the stream, and your video might be transmitted to the stream as well. Both may be recorded for later viewing on YouTube. I reserve the right to mute, censor, or remove anyone that is acting in an abusive manner or attempting to disrupt the stream. If you're okay with all that, you can join the stream by going to this URL:

To join the stream, click here: https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/ ... fry4dcvzie

During the stream, my priority will be talking to and answering questions or concerns for anyone on the live stream. I'll also periodically be checking this thread, the CC's Chat Room, and the YouTube chat for this stream as well. I'll try and keep tabs on The Dojo's 1E channel as well, but as this is my first time doing this, I can't promise I'll be able to track all four places. I'll answer questions as I see them, but if there are no guests and no questions, I'll just be working on 1E.

I hope to see you!

-crp

Make It So does NOT unstop the crew aboard a shi[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I won't be available Saturday the 27th. Have other[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And something else ... In Mtg, we always used to […]

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]