This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
SudenKapala wrote:
Kander77 wrote:How did I staff all that?
4 people using the usual suspects (Defend HW, AMS, ASP); I can imagine you were able to scrounge a 5th.
So I'd be even more curious as to how you drew/played all that on your first turn... But you said I taxed your memory already, so... :wink:
IIRC:

Quark's Rods for Bynars ( [Stf] [Stf] ) --> Normal Card Play
--> [DL] Bynars Weapons Enhancement

Defend Homeworld for Razik --> Matching Commander for Kazon Warship ( [Cmd] , Leader )

That's Staffing for the Warship

AMS for Dr. Farek and Narik ( [Cmd] and [Stf] ) --> Staffing for one Olarra

ASP for Ty Kajada ( [Cmd] , Leader)

Free play a Leader ( [Kaz] with The Kazon Collective, [Hir] with Hirogen Hunt, or [NA] with pre-errata War Council)

Discard Make it So --> Ready Room Door --> Captain's Log

Totally doable.

Lee's Kazon Carrier fleet deck was super strong back in the day. You basically had to build your deck specifically to tech against it to have a chance, and even then it was a coin toss.

By Kander77 (Lee Sneathen)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:
4 people using the usual suspects (Defend HW, AMS, ASP); I can imagine you were able to scrounge a 5th.
So I'd be even more curious as to how you drew/played all that on your first turn... But you said I taxed your memory already, so... :wink:

I used Quarks Isolinear Rods to download 10 and 01 to my hand (thats how I got the Bynars Weapon Enhancements in play). Played them on the Olarra at the Caretakers array with random person in my hand. If I didn't start with a person in my hand, I would use the Obelisk of Masaka to download Masaka Transformations to get one in my hand. My hand size would also be enhanced by adding the ISS Enterprise, James Tiberius Kirk, and a a Classic Tricoder via space time portaling it back to my hand, making my initial draw better.

A Q the Ref cycle usually netted my 2nd ship in play via Hirogen Hunt.

So for this to all work, I needed the following in my hand:

Ready room door x1 (downloads captains log)
Wormhole x1 (other was space time portal)
Hirogen x1 (with command icon, not that hard)
Q's tent x1 (for Prefix Code Transmission)

Kazon Warship starts in play. AMS, ASP, and Defend Homeworld personnel are downloaded into play. Play Olarra with Hirogen and 10 and 01 into play. Download other Olarra into play. Kazon Warship is staffed by Razik (DH) and 10/01. Olarra 1 is staffed by Ty Kajada (ASP) and AMS. Olarra 2 is staffed by Hirogen in hand and AMS.

With everything staffed, I loaded them into the Kazon Warship, wormholed it to my destination and blew up nearly whatever I wanted.

Replicating this process every game was REALLY easy. Best case I blew stuff up turn 1, worst case turn 3. Didn't matter what class you were playing at the time. I took out Bajorans hiding at their homeworld. I took out Borg, Klingons, Dominion, other Hirogen, and very often fast Fed mission solvers where I was just as fast.

There was literally no place you could hide. I could travel anywhere, get upwards of 100 weapons if needed, and could catch the fastest decks out there.

edit: completely forgot about Make It So, forgoing the need to have a Ready Room Door in my hand.
Last edited by Kander77 on Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
SudenKapala wrote:
IIRC:

Quark's Rods for Bynars ( [Stf] [Stf] ) --> Normal Card Play
--> [DL] Bynars Weapons Enhancement

Defend Homeworld for Razik --> Matching Commander for Kazon Warship ( [Cmd] , Leader )

That's Staffing for the Warship

AMS for Dr. Farek and Narik ( [Cmd] and [Stf] ) --> Staffing for one Olarra

ASP for Ty Kajada ( [Cmd] , Leader)

Free play a Leader ( [Kaz] with The Kazon Collective, [Hir] with Hirogen Hunt, or [NA] with pre-errata War Council)

Discard Make it So --> Ready Room Door --> Captain's Log

Totally doable.

Lee's Kazon Carrier fleet deck was super strong back in the day. You basically had to build your deck specifically to tech against it to have a chance, and even then it was a coin toss.

Card play was usually a ship with 10 and 01 onboard. They are AQ personal and need the ship being the reporting requirements to be allowed to report into the DQ.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:Thanks for explaining. It's educational... although also not sure if I'll ever be able to grasp all of this game on a level above my diner ("kitchen") table... :shifty: :?
Honestly, the hardest part of this game is how do I get this card to work with this other card.

Once you start putting cards together, you find situations to use them. You put those situations together, you get a deck idea. Most people already do this right away with pairing dilemmas together. It takes time, but even looking at cards and thinking of uses/combos can really help spark ideas to use in the future.
Deck Design Strategy

And something else ... In Mtg, we always used to […]

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]

I know that, when this was ruled, it was intended[…]

I get the FL 100-0....game over in 10 minutes due […]