This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 198 posts

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:Very rarely does Design insert itself directly into the image-selection process, so the images are always a bit of a surprise. (The best part of the final proof file is finding out what images the Art Team found. Look at that beautiful shot for Koon-Ut-Kal-If-Fee!)

But Captain Kirk's was the exact frame I always imagined, from the moment we sent it to Creative with one word in lore: "turtleneck."
What's your favourite cut card? And will it be something you think you can return to in a future set?
The card I think most think should be revived for further testing (starting with vigorous internal testing before giving it to playtesters) is Intermission, which I wrote about elsewhere.

But that wasn't your question. Intermission feels like an important card but is not, in its current form, a card I'd want to marry. (It doesn't even have a story yet!)

My actual favorite cut card is 4379 Renegotiate Treaty, for its nifty power (but substantial cost), the way it sets up a future attempt at a 25-point "four-mission-win" trope, and probably above all the extremely sneaky reference on its asymmetric end. Good news is, it already got picked up! I check [REDACTED] regularly and cross my fingers that [REDACTED] haven't decided to cut it. (But I'll never complain if they do. It's their set.)
Legal Proceedings and I love You didn't make the cut sadly. I have seen the list of missing [DL] in the game. I'm not looking for a fight just saying I'm surprised these were not in the set.
We actually made both cards this time. Charlie loves broken links and I don't, so the arrangement we ended up with was that we could make broken links as long as we also had a plausible proposal for what the link would ultimately be.

Legal Proceedings got cut because it's sort of a support card for that 25-point missions trope that didn't make the cut. It works in any deck, but not all that well.

I Love You got cut for power level reasons. It tested... okay... but there was a combination of concerns about (a) how often it would be used defensively, and (b) whether it was a good idea to push gender-related combos even harder in this set, instead of waiting to see how good Let Me Help is and then recalibrating off that later on.

Copied from designer q and a

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Discovery suxs wrote:Copied from designer q and a
Why?

I don't think there's anyone reading this thread who isn't reading that one.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Boffo97 wrote:
Discovery suxs wrote:Copied from designer q and a
Why?

I don't think there's anyone reading this thread who isn't reading that one.
There is basically 2 topics on the samething. It should be combined together. Since the set is now released afterall.

I copied that because it was a answer to what I posted here. Those were only 2 missing cards in this set. So very important at least to me.

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.