This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 109 posts

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Was there any thoughts of making more [Fed] [OS] ships? They only have a handful.

The universal Constitution, the Enterprise, the Defiant, and the Constellation along with a shuttlecraft.
Add the mirror Constitution and mirror Enterprise I guess, but they're different enough to not be sure if they count.

That's not much of a fleet there.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
jrch5618 wrote:Was there any thoughts of making more [Fed] [OS] ships? They only have a handful.

The universal Constitution, the Enterprise, the Defiant, and the Constellation along with a shuttlecraft.
Add the mirror Constitution and mirror Enterprise I guess, but they're different enough to not be sure if they count.

That's not much of a fleet there.

[OS] [Fed] desperately need more ships and theirs plenty to pull from. Also they lack people for taking charge since commodores don’t count for it.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Spectre9 wrote:I don't like the split of [CF] and [OS]

It creates thing like that ship problem.
What about the cards that say [CF] or [OS]? Just to make things confusing for new players. I honestly thought there was a errata somewhere to make [OS] use [CF] cards. Since [OS] kirk can't fly the [CF] enterprises lol
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet

That decision was made long before the CC existed.
Discovery suxs wrote:

What about the cards that say [CF] or [OS]? Just to make things confusing for new players. I honestly thought there was a errata somewhere to make [OS] use [CF] cards. Since [OS] kirk can't fly the [CF] enterprises lol
I'd wager most of those are (formerly) backwards compatible cards.

-crp

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Yesterday I finally rewatched The Doomsday Machine. The U.S.S. Constellation appears on the card in pristine condition, while in the episode, she is only seen as heavily damaged.

Can anybody elaborate on why, exactly, the choice was made to depict her as-should-be, not as-was? (I can surmise, but still like to hear about it "from the inside".)

And what programs are used for image conversion (from Enterprise screenshot to Constellation markings, in this case, I reckon)?
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
SudenKapala wrote:Can anybody elaborate on why, exactly, the choice was made to depict her as-should-be, not as-was? (I can surmise, but still like to hear about it "from the inside".)
Small quibble: the choice was made to depict her as she was before she was destroyed. (Both the versions after she was destroyed and before she was destroyed are, technically, as-she-was in canon -- just not as-she-was in the episode.)

We did this because we needed a real starship, and depicting the destroyed Constellation would have compelled us to make a card with the story of the destroyed Constellation, and a ship with no RANGE, no SHIELDS, and pathetic WEAPONS was not going to cut it for Delenn's purposes. Instead, we left that version to a future team that might have a better idea for what to do with it, and simply made a regular ship that happened to fix Matt Decker's broken link while providing some answer to OS Fed's battle vulnerability.

Very impressed with what Art managed to do with a no-doubt challenging request.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Thanks!
BCSWowbagger wrote:
SudenKapala wrote:Can anybody elaborate on why, exactly, the choice was made to depict her as-should-be, not as-was? (I can surmise, but still like to hear about it "from the inside".)
Small quibble: the choice was made to depict her as she was before she was destroyed. (Both the versions after she was destroyed and before she was destroyed are, technically, as-she-was in canon -- just not as-she-was in the episode.)
Yes, this is -- of course -- exactly what I meant, but didn't know how to say so eloquently. :P "as-was" = "as depicted". You got the meaning.
Very impressed with what Art managed to do with a no-doubt challenging request.
Yes! Me, too. So, Art, how did you do that, exactly?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:

That decision was made long before the CC existed.
Discovery suxs wrote:

I'd wager most of those are (formerly) backwards compatible cards.

-crp
Yes they were 2EBC cards

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I feel borg got quite a hit, since they have little counterplay to genderstuff now and cant even attack self-contolled dilemma
rip solver borg

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote:I feel borg got quite a hit, since they have little counterplay to genderstuff now and cant even attack self-contolled dilemma
rip solver borg
In a CCG, if well-executed (and veterans here know my opinion on that), nothing stays dead for too long.

Certainly not the Borg.

:borg:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Ensign Q wrote:I feel borg got quite a hit, since they have little counterplay to genderstuff now and cant even attack self-contolled dilemma
rip solver borg
Didn't Kevin already break down how Borg deal with Let Me Help?

The one deck type I can see getting hit are the 30 card solvers with no redundancy. I'm kind of ok with that.

No Borg deck I've made would have a hard time dealing with it, but I make more robust solvers.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
rip solver borg

where?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Ensign Q wrote:
Armus wrote:
rip solver borg

where?
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=38381&hilit=Let+me+help&start=30
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]