This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Where is the official borg rules everyone uses on here? The glossary is simply a overview of them. The ones I find off the CC are from decipher era. There is huge differences right off the bat with the glossary. It would be nice if someone can link me to the borg rules or pdf or something to help me understand how to play borg.

All I want to do is add all the names to my universial borg. I will use establish gateway, assimate planet, and salvage starship objectives. I will throw in some awakens, we are borg, and adapts to the deck too. Honestly besides that I will run the deck just like regular star trek. I just want to make sure I can win just by doing that simple of a designed deck. I honestly don't care about messing with my opponent at all
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Based on your posts of late it seems you might misunderstand the glossary. The Glossary IS the rules, including the Current Rulings Document, CRD, which contains amendments to the Glossary before they're actually added.

Sometimes the Glossary is misinterpreted so requires clarification for people or it isn't clear enough and that will require a ruling, which is what the CRD is, for example the Mas'ud entry that was added this month.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Latok wrote:Based on your posts of late it seems you might misunderstand the glossary. The Glossary IS the rules, including the Current Rulings Document, CRD, which contains amendments to the Glossary before they're actually added.

Sometimes the Glossary is misinterpreted so requires clarification for people or it isn't clear enough and that will require a ruling, which is what the CRD is, for example the Mas'ud entry that was added this month.
The glossary is no where near clear to me. The forums have been more helpful than the glossary.
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Discovery suxs wrote:
Latok wrote:Based on your posts of late it seems you might misunderstand the glossary. The Glossary IS the rules, including the Current Rulings Document, CRD, which contains amendments to the Glossary before they're actually added.

The glossary is no where near clear to me. The forums have been more helpful than the glossary.
I didn't say the Glossary is easy, 1E rules are basically a shitshow but that's how it is. You asked "Where is the official borg rules everyone uses on here?" the answer is The Glossary.

The most important entries would be under Borg, Scouting, Assimilation(for assimilation - planet) but they won't covering every single thing.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Latok wrote:
Discovery suxs wrote:

I didn't say the Glossary is easy, 1E rules are basically a shitshow but that's how it is. You asked "Where is the official borg rules everyone uses on here?" the answer is The Glossary.

The most important entries would be under Borg, Scouting, Assimilation(for assimilation - planet) but they won't covering every single thing.
Honestly the problem I have noticed with the glossary. It is written like a person who knows how to play the game. It is not written like a person never play star trek before ever. The new rulebook book helps alot but there is nothing about borg in it.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
While Latok is really correct, technically, that the only official, conprehensive and go-to rules are located in the combination of Glossy & CRD, there is also... The Rulebook. On front page. The Rulebook does not cover every detail, and is not binding for tourney diaputes and ao on.

But frankly, I think it is what Disco needs.

Read it. Or start reading it, and then when you reach it, click on the option to show only the Borg Rules Sheet (only parts concerning Borg).

Still, if you've never yet read any rule book, or only old ones, just read it once, from cover to cover.
There's even a function to starr with Beginner parts, and later read Advanced parts -- it's awesome.

It also is well-written and subtly funny at times, and has nice colourful layout.

Do it.

And THEN, if you have SPECIFIC questions, you'll find yourself grabbing the Glossy. Prolly.

EDIT: cross-post, link above is to Borg section of the Rulebook, which I mentioned also.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:All I want to do is add all the names to my universial borg.
By the way, what did you mean with this?

Reason I ask: I am interested in other ways of using the cards / playing the game, since I also do that occasionally. It's fun to see others having their "own ideas", outside of META / competitive play.

(And I have my own reasons for playing cards -- sometimes just for the fun of 'having played' a certain bogus card. Yesterday was e.g. the first time ever, I think, that I reported Giusti, in an "Impulse Speed"-format game -- a simple teaching game variant that I thought up, based on Warp Speed.)

(Edited for clarity.)
Last edited by SudenKapala on Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Suden Kapala wrote:
Discovery suxs wrote:All I want to do is add all the names to my universial borg.
By the way, what did you mean with this?

Reason I ask: I am interested in other ways of using the cards / playing the game, since I also do that occasionally. It's fun to see others having their "own ideas", outside of META / competitive play.

(And I have my own reasons for playing cards -- sometimes just for the fun of 'having played' a certain bogus card. Yesterday was e.g. the first time ever, I think, that I reported Giusti, in an "Impulse Speed"-format game -- a simple teaching game variant based on Warp Speed.)
Where are the rules for this "Impulse Speed" and/or "Warp Speed" format(s)?
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Warp Speed is on the homepage now. (Impulse Speed seems to be homebrew.)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Classificiation is Irrelevant:  Any cards which specifically require or change a "classification", such as  Scottish Setter, do not affect borg.

What if a dilemma says need 3 engineers classification to get pass.

You discard it as borg?
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:Classificiation is Irrelevant:  Any cards which specifically require or change a "classification", such as  Scottish Setter, do not affect borg.

You discard it as borg?
No, because there is an alternative requirement to pass. They must use the other one

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
pfti wrote:
Discovery suxs wrote:Classificiation is Irrelevant:  Any cards which specifically require or change a "classification", such as  Scottish Setter, do not affect borg.

You discard it as borg?
No, because there is an alternative requirement to pass. They must use the other one
Ok thanks
New Tribbles set Bad Moon

Why has no one confirmed the obvious. [Trob] […]

The new set isn't tournament legal for tonight's g[…]

@Brad are you Brad Snyder? I believe h[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a […]