This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Suden Kapala wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:Warp Speed is on the homepage now. (Impulse Speed seems to be homebrew.)
Yes, it is; I'll edit my post to reflect that. Sorry for the confusion.
When I said names I was talking about the counterparts from other afflications.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:
Suden Kapala wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:Warp Speed is on the homepage now. (Impulse Speed seems to be homebrew.)
Yes, it is; I'll edit my post to reflect that. Sorry for the confusion.
When I said names I was talking about the counterparts from other afflications.
OK. But be aware that most of them are counterparts, and "there can be only one" on table (at your side) at any time. So, stock a lot of He will make an excellent drone in deck and you'll be fine (download with Queen)... or revise strategy...

As for drone names -- I try to remember them by their task designations... Tactician drone, Tactic drone, Heuristics drone... I really dislike the number names, because can't remember them; but it's a trade-off, great fun that they are so weird. No names but numbers suits them, of course.

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2023
Architect
Discovery suxs wrote:
Enabran wrote:Just to clarify something: the Queen is no Counterpart

Ok I figured she was not but it says in the rules. Counterpart example borg queen for some reason.

https://www.trekcc.org/op/1e_rulebook/?borg=y

Look at counterpart section. If borg queen is not a counterpart it should give gowron of borg there.
It does not at all say the queen is a counterpart. The text is fine, you just completely failed to parse the grammar.
Some  Borg personnel are counterparts, as stated in their lore. You may have only one counterpart in play at a time. Like the Borg Queen, counterparts are not drones.

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
Discovery suxs wrote:

Ok I figured she was not but it says in the rules. Counterpart example borg queen for some reason.

Look at counterpart section. If borg queen is not a counterpart it should give gowron of borg there.

Ok, I have done it. Where is your problem?

"Like the Borg Queen, counterparts are not drones. "
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Enabran wrote:
Discovery suxs wrote:

Ok, I have done it. Where is your problem?

"Like the Borg Queen, counterparts are not drones. "
It's saying that Counterparts are not drones, just like the Borg Queen is not a drone, that's all.
This is important because there are a lot of cards that require or affect 'drones' which would exclude counterparts and Borg Queen.
Last edited by Latok on Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Enabran wrote:yes, no word is given, that the Queen is a counterpart
Correct. The Queen is NOT a Counterpart. Never has been.

The Queen is also NOT a drone. Never has been.

A Counterpart is NOT a drone. Though they can become one with He will make an excellent drone.

Hopefully that helps.

We good now?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
Enabran wrote:yes, no word is given, that the Queen is a counterpart
Correct. The Queen is NOT a Counterpart. Never has been.

The Queen is also NOT a drone. Never has been.

A Counterpart is NOT a drone. Though they can become one with He will make an excellent drone.

Hopefully that helps.

We good now?
Yes I have anything I need about borg now. Thanks for everyones help. I have the rules ready to print out. A willing companion is awesome. A service to the collective is awesome. Gowron of borg ability is awesome. So I should be able to do my style of borg deck now.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Great! :) :borg: :thumbsup:

Athough it's not very competitive yet, I've been very happy that my [Bor] deck got "finished" in 2018. I worked on it since 2015. (Remember, I have to find and buy all cards, because I'm a Dapper Dan-man.)

So, it's cool to see somebody else get it done!

:cheersL:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Suden Kapala wrote:Great! :) :borg: :thumbsup:

Athough it's not very competitive yet, I've been very happy that my [Bor] deck got "finished" in 2018. I worked on it since 2015. (Remember, I have to find and buy all cards, because I'm a Dapper Dan-man.)

So, it's cool to see somebody else get it done!

:cheersL:
:borg: :cheersR:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Suden Kapala wrote:As for drone names -- I try to remember them by their task designations... Tactician drone, Tactic drone, Heuristics drone... I really dislike the number names, because can't remember them; but it's a trade-off, great fun that they are so weird. No names but numbers suits them, of course.
While working on my secondary [Bor] deck (doesn't anybody have any hint, tip or trick for a Queenless and rare-light deck!? :( ), I found out that the number-names of drones were & are chosen on par with their function/designation, such that when their card names are alphabetized, also their functions appear alphabetized!

Obviously, that is being done on purpose. In my version of the spradsheet cardlist, this really comes in handy -- it saves me one column and filter. (I know -- TMI.) :thumbsup:

Another day in 1e is another day that you learn something new about the game. 8) However obscure. :P
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Suden Kapala wrote:(doesn't anybody have any hint, tip or trick for a Queenless and rare-light deck!? :( )
No. You're toast! :P
, I found out that the number-names of drones were & are chosen on par with their function/designation, such that when their card names are alphabetized, also their functions appear alphabetized!
I was very, very happy when I figured this out.
Deck Design Strategy

And something else ... In Mtg, we always used to […]

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]

I know that, when this was ruled, it was intended[…]

I get the FL 100-0....game over in 10 minutes due […]