This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Having played a bit with this, it takes a lot of them to do real work messing with your opponent. It is hard to ballace it with the speed of your deck.

But, by all means, prove me wrong. I would love to see what a deck can do with it.
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Nessi wrote:I plyed 26 Brain Drain in a small fed deck my opponen quiet playing with me after i playd 8 of the in 2 turns. Crasy card if playd at the right moment.
Well the answer to why it's not banned then is because it has received erratum, it's only once every turn and it targets one crew or away team so you don't get to see all of your opponents personnel in play.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Nessi wrote:I plyed 26 Brain Drain in a small fed deck my opponen quiet playing with me after i playd 8 of the in 2 turns. Crasy card if playd at the right moment.
Brain Drain says:

Plays (once every turn) on any crew or Away Team. Remove all skills and CUNNING from one personnel present until end of turn. OR Plays on Interphasic Plasma Creatures, doubling effects.

In 2 turns you could at most play 4 of these. Once each of your turns and once on each of your opponents turns. the effects only last until the end of that turn.

OR If you played it on the Interphasic Plasma Creatures it doubles it to -4 Strength. You cannot double it again. It is also not cumulative you having a second IPC out wouldn't have further effects.

It can be an annoying deterrence if they only have one source of a certain skill, but not much else. if you timed it with a skill related dilemma that would be the best use.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Latok wrote:
Well the answer to why it's not banned then is because it has received erratum, it's only once every turn and it targets one crew or away team so you don't get to see all of your opponents personnel in play.

Oh I see, he if referring to the pre-errata version.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Mogor wrote:
Enabran wrote:Writ of Accountability
Honestly with the post errata brain drain, I would want to remove brain drain from that list
While I personally agree with you, I can't see errata-ing Writ to make that change, especially since doing so is unlikely to cause an increase in the usage of Brain Drain, IMHO.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
commdecker wrote:Not pointless. (A) Not a lot of decks stock Writ; (B) Even if your opponent does, you can still use Brain Drain twice.
My working assumption with ref cards down as far as they are is that if Tribunal is in play writ is around
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Mogor wrote:I've actually taken to stocking Brunt that downloads Writ in all my DS9 property decks
A valid choice, and potentially a quite lucrative one, if you happen to get in a match against a player who is vulnerable to Writ. But I don't see a lot of DS9 decks period, much less ones that stock Brunt. They're out there, but I feel pretty comfortable running the occasional Brain Drain deck without being worried that somebody's going to pull Writ on me. The last time someone even stocked Writ in my meta was apparently 2016. (Hobie's "Civilians Can Do... Something" deck.)
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]