This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Do I at least get to pick the spaceline? You often end up with a Gamma or Mirror spaceline that’s just one wormhole hanging out in the middle of nowhere. If this happens, is my Obsession deck just sad?

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2023
Architect
commdecker wrote:If you link to the card, we can help you better.
Neither Urgent Warning nor Obsession are in the card list, but UW is linked here already. Obsession has the same problem. The thread includes everything needed to answer his question.
Attachments:
62395531_2299175950128958_3496212574192533504_o.jpg
62395531_2299175950128958_3496212574192533504_o.jpg (96.42 KiB) Viewed 962 times

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
bhosp wrote:Do I at least get to pick the spaceline? You often end up with a Gamma or Mirror spaceline that’s just one wormhole hanging out in the middle of nowhere. If this happens, is my Obsession deck just sad?
"A spaceline end (opponent's choice)" reads to me like your opponent gets to choose any end of any spaceline in play when the relevant card text activates (i.e., when a card is seeded or played). So the short answers to your specific questions are "No" and "Most Likely" respectively.

That said, is there anything that prevents you seeding Obsession during the mission phase? That could be an interesting tactical interaction, especially if the "far end of the spaceline" is determined before the spaceline is finished being built... :shifty:

By PantsOfTheTalShiar (Jason Tang)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
bhosp wrote:Do I at least get to pick the spaceline? You often end up with a Gamma or Mirror spaceline that’s just one wormhole hanging out in the middle of nowhere. If this happens, is my Obsession deck just sad?
"A spaceline end (opponent's choice)" reads to me like your opponent gets to choose any end of any spaceline in play when the relevant card text activates (i.e., when a card is seeded or played). So the short answers to your specific questions are "No" and "Most Likely" respectively.

That said, is there anything that prevents you seeding Obsession during the mission phase? That could be an interesting tactical interaction, especially if the "far end of the spaceline" is determined before the spaceline is finished being built... :shifty:
Only missions can seed during the mission phase now. See seed phase in the CRD:
seed phase wrote:A few Event, Objective, Incident, and other cards have game text which allows them to seed. Unless they specify a particular phase, you seed such cards during the facility phase
lol that "a few" of these cards can seed.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Charlie, this is where you’re supposed to say something like “we’re aware of the problem and we’re going to fix it”. You’re the Brand Manager, Manage your damn Brand.

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
There are existing hunter decks that are prepared to go to any quadrant to find their prey. You think the monster hunters are just going to give up? They'll stock Quantum Slipstream Drive like everyone else.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
commdecker wrote:There are existing hunter decks that are prepared to go to any quadrant to find their prey. You think the monster hunters are just going to give up? They'll stock Quantum Slipstream Drive like everyone else.
“Fuck you, that’s how it’s supposed to be” was also an acceptable answer. [emoji106]

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
commdecker wrote:There are existing hunter decks that are prepared to go to any quadrant to find their prey. You think the monster hunters are just going to give up? They'll stock Quantum Slipstream Drive like everyone else.
That feeling when you notice QSD “plays on” a ship.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
bhosp wrote:
That feeling when you notice QSD “plays on” a ship.
Happy happy Kazon! :wink: :shifty:

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And just to add to the overall discussion, coming […]

MN 2024 Gatherings

28th it is. 1E Event is up: https://www.trekcc.or[…]