This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Nessi
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
When i succesfull play Eliminate Starship Objeti says i may download Salavage Starship Object. Is this a Must Download or an i refuse just play Eliminate Starship alone?

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
You can download it and play it as hidden Agenda. In That case it is NOT your current objective and you can reveal it, when you need it (than it is [and must be allowed to be] your current objective)

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Nessi, for short questions like this, could you please post in the Random Card/Rule Questions thread rather than start new threads? It helps to stop other threads from being buried.

Thanks.

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
Boffo97 wrote:Nessi, for short questions like this, could you please post in the Random Card/Rule Questions thread rather than start new threads? It helps to stop other threads from being buried.

Thanks.
I disagree with that sentiment. A thread with too many topics means that those topics become hard to find or isolate.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
It feels like we could use a periodic roundup for the simpler rules answers. Maybe part of the "Charlie Plaine Power Hour"?
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 -  
Community Contributor
Proposal: rules question subforum.

We've only got Gameplay and Deck Designs. Plenty of room for a third, and it would instantly be the most popular subforum we've got. :)

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I'd vote yes on a Rules Questions subforum.
 -  
Community Contributor
I believe this is the current post-Bylaws process for creating a new subforum:

* Head Mod proposes (presumably after conferring with other mods?)

* CC Director of Operations (JeBuS) approves

* Forum Administrator (Maelwys) implements

So, if you're on board, talk to JeBuS.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Boffo97 wrote:Nessi, for short questions like this, could you please post in the Random Card/Rule Questions thread rather than start new threads? It helps to stop other threads from being buried.

Thanks.
I really agree with this. Thanks.
BCSWowbagger wrote:Proposal: rules question subforum.

We've only got Gameplay and Deck Designs. Plenty of room for a third, and it would instantly be the most popular subforum we've got. :)
I also really agree with this.

So -- a new subforum, and short questions in a short questions thread, please.

The forum is a communications device, not a rules and rulings deposit. For that, we have rulebook and glossary. My :twocents: .

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor

Simple question: If we create a new Rules forum, what threads are on topic in the Gameplay forum? I always thought this basically WAS the rules forum, in all but name.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
 -  
Community Contributor
Maelwys wrote:

Simple question: If we create a new Rules forum, what threads are on topic in the Gameplay forum? I always thought this basically WAS the rules forum, in all but name.
Well, in the past six days or so, we've had these:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=38436
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=38415
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=38419
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=38330
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=38390
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=38414
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=38387
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=38469
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=38112
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=38314
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=38463
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=38388
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=38456

That seems like enough to run a forum on.

I like to think that, if they were separated: (1) people would be less shy about asking rules questions (because so many people hesitate to ask rules questions here for fear of "spamming" the forum), and (2) other people would have more space for productive conversations about the state of the game, power level, deck archetypes, future design, best cards, and so forth without getting choking off by endless rules questions.

(I say this as someone who really enjoys answering rules questions, btw.)

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
BCSWowbagger wrote:
Maelwys wrote:

Well, in the past six days or so, we've had these:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=38436
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=38415
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=38419
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=38330
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=38390
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=38414
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=38387
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=38469
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=38112
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=38314
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=38463
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=38388
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=38456

That seems like enough to run a forum on.

I like to think that, if they were separated: (1) people would be less shy about asking rules questions (because so many people hesitate to ask rules questions here for fear of "spamming" the forum), and (2) other people would have more space for productive conversations about the state of the game, power level, deck archetypes, future design, best cards, and so forth without getting choking off by endless rules questions.

(I say this as someone who really enjoys answering rules questions, btw.)
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
i mean i even made a borg question topic, so why not post there?

in a subforum it might take too long to get answers, so ppl start asking in general again?
Is Sedis a captain?

He's already a [Univ] fucking skill hoss (tm)... […]

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]

Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]