This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I will start off saying I like the card. My problem is the gametext does not reflect the mob at all. So before it is released I hope design changes the card.

1st

The card is a artifact which makes it pretty hard to get and takes up a seed slot too. So it better be worth it.

2nd

I mean you take away the skill and you basically got lore's fingernail gametext with some tweeks of course.

3rd

The book turned the planet into the mob. So the card should reflect that in the gametext of the card.

4th

The mob were not known for there integrity.

5th

The mob were known for being very cunning

6th

I will not have a big problem with the card if they changed the picture and name of the card. It reflects the end of the episode not the beginning of the episode.

Things done right.

The book being a artifact makes sense because it was the bible of the planet.

If you want more I could give you more for sure.

My suggestion is the card's gametext should read below

Play as a equipment card. While present with the book. All your personal gain acquisition. All your personal lose -3 integrity and gain + 3 Cunning.

So there is my rant.

I care because this is my favorite ep of the Tos and top 10 out of all star trek. So please don't let the mistake stand.

Thanks for your time.
Attachments:
rps20190615_033855.jpg
rps20190615_033855.jpg (48.24 KiB) Viewed 987 times
Last edited by Discovery suxs on Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'm Kinda disappointed with this card But hey these are just V cards. Make your own if you don't like CC's. :cheersL: :cheersR:
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Your first point is that as an Artifact it needs to be worth it but you also want to make it give an almost useless skill and a Cunning boost, available from PADDs, while removing Integrity, the actually difficult to boost attribute?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
StateofSTCCG wrote:I'm Kinda disappointed with this card But hey these are just V cards. Make your own if you don't like CC's. :cheersL: :cheersR:

If people didn't voice there opinions. The world would never change period. We would still have women barefeet and in the kitchen. We would still have men being treated as labor and disposable in the world. We would no mans sky with nothing in the game. We would still have a horrible looking sonic with human teeth. We would still have African Americans sitting in the back of the bus. The jews would be long gone from this world. The PlayStation classic would be the best selling Christmas item of 2017. So voicing yourself makes the world change it's ways.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Latok wrote:Your first point is that as an Artifact it needs to be worth it but you also want to make it give an almost useless skill and a Cunning boost, available from PADDs, while removing Integrity, the actually difficult to boost attribute?
I gave it acquisition because baleth tournament gets buff from sword of khaless. Acquisition helps you beat the mission. Which is not something common in tos or federation period.

There also could be another card if you have the book on that planet then something should happen while it is present.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
So, brainstorming ideas for this card...

Turn your Equinox guys into [Hir] , give them anthropology for more options with Rituals of the Hunt :)

I'm assuming that by gaining the affiliation, they also retain their original affiliation? Kinda dual affiliation?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
sexecutioner wrote:So, brainstorming ideas for this card...

Turn your Equinox guys into [Hir] , give them anthropology for more options with Rituals of the Hunt :)

I'm assuming that by gaining the affiliation, they also retain their original affiliation? Kinda dual affiliation?
You might as well have duck blind in there too.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Discovery suxs wrote:
sexecutioner wrote:So, brainstorming ideas for this card...

You might as well have duck blind in there too.
Sadly, Duck Blind only works in the Alpha Quadrant. Though it is possible for Hirogen to start in the Alpha Quadrant...

I'm going to be brainstorming this card all day for potential deck abuse :D
StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:
StateofSTCCG wrote:I'm Kinda disappointed with this card But hey these are just V cards. Make your own if you don't like CC's. :cheersL: :cheersR:

If people didn't voice there opinions. The world would never change period. We would still have women barefeet and in the kitchen. We would still have men being treated as labor and disposable in the world. We would no mans sky with nothing in the game. We would still have a horrible looking sonic with human teeth. We would still have African Americans sitting in the back of the bus. The jews would be long gone from this world. The PlayStation classic would be the best selling Christmas item of 2017. So voicing yourself makes the world change it's ways.
I would almost take you serious if it wasn't for that tag name.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The card is sound, IMO, because... of its generic title.

This Artifact represents the case of a contaminating futuristic book being left by a crew -- not the specific mob book from the episode! The pic and lore are just examples -- as with many cards in a CCG.

If a [Rom] crew would have left a book about their "Local fashion throughout the centuries", then the skill would obviously be [SD] Barbering. And no different haircuts would be allowed. There would be dissidents (or Non-Conformists, if we want to steer clear of recent discussions on Enemy Of The State) who have long hair and are persecuted.

The point is -- you decide what's in that influential, nameless book!

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
You messed up the lore. It wasn’t a Starfleet vessel, it was Paul Mayweather’s ship.

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
bhosp wrote:You messed up the lore. It wasn’t a Starfleet vessel, it was Paul Mayweather’s ship.
That’s not necessarily wrong (but you’re probably right).

Paul Mayweather’s ship was an “Earth vessel” during the events of Star Trek Enterprise, but because the Federation was founded in 2161, some earth vessels could have been joined Starfleet as civilian transport vessels under the SF flag. There is no evidence either way.

Even the official Star Trek Encyclopedia discusses it may have been the Horizon ECS or the U.S.S. Horizon (a Daedalus-class ship), but there is no confirmation either way. What we do know is the book was onboard the Horizon ECS.

A better wording would have been “Earth” or “human” or “early Federation”. There’s still time to change the lore before the set is released.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Jono wrote:
bhosp wrote:You messed up the lore. It wasn’t a Starfleet vessel, it was Paul Mayweather’s ship.

Paul Mayweather’s ship was an “Earth vessel” during the events of Star Trek Enterprise, but because the Federation was founded in 2161, some earth vessels could have been joined Starfleet as civilian transport vessels under the SF flag. There is no evidence either way.

Even the official Star Trek Encyclopedia discusses it may have been the Horizon ECS or the U.S.S. Horizon (a Daedalus-class ship), but there is no confirmation either way. What we do know is the book was onboard the Horizon ECS.

A better wording would have been “Earth” or “human” or “early Federation”. There’s still time to change the lore before the set is released.

You got to remember TOS era they were making star trek. I mean watch season 1 then watch season 3 then watch the warp 10 voyager episode. I still remember enterprise going warp 14 in first season. Scotty saying she is coming apart captain. So that enterprise was technically faster than any other ship in star trek period. They started reigning it in later. So anything was possible when it comes to ship names.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:
Jono wrote:

You got to remember TOS era they were making star trek. I mean watch season 1 then watch season 3 then watch the warp 10 voyager episode. I still remember enterprise going warp 14 in first season. Scotty saying she is coming apart captain. So that enterprise was technically faster than any other ship in star trek period. They started reigning it in later. So anything was possible when it comes to ship names.
Enterprise is full of callbacks to dumb TOS stuff though. They even did a callback to “United Earth Space Probe Agency” in the Terra Prime episode.
Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]

Interested but as you know life is a bit nuts with[…]

I think the scenario was more around things li[…]

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]