This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

Would you want a 1E subforum specifically devoted to Rules questions?

Yes. A forum specifically for rules would be a big help.
47%
No. Let's just have one big rules megathread in this forum.
9%
No. Allow separate topics for rules questions as long as they're distinct.
34%
Can't we just get beyond Thunderdome?
9%

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Ensign Q wrote:btw why cant i change my vote?
Because I didn't think to check the box that allows you to do so. Fixed now.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Setting the 4th silly category aside, there were more yes votes for a 1E Rules subforum than both No options combined, so we will start the process of creating one.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
That's a shame. I can't remember the last time I saw this forum alive with lots of topics.

Gives me plenty to read through

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
sexecutioner wrote:That's a shame. I can't remember the last time I saw this forum alive with lots of topics.

Gives me plenty to read through
I was basically shut down by people that wanted these forums to be a slow craw on here.
I mean go back 2 to 4 pages. I bet there is over 60 topics by me. It is not my forums. So I let the complaining conformists have there way on here. I'm down to maybe 10 topics a week and people still complain to me.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:
I was basically shut down by
people that wanted these forums to be a slow craw on here.
I mean go back 2 to 4 pages. I bet there is over 60 topics by me. It is not my forums. So I let the complaining conformists have there way on here. I'm down to maybe 10 topics a week and people still complain to me.
No one that I am aware of wants the forums to be a "slow crawl". People do appreciated metered and organized posting though. Besides: there will be a rules forum now so that each rules question can have it's own discussion and not be lost in a bit random rules thread. Seems like a good compromise to me.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Iron Prime wrote:
Discovery suxs wrote:
I was basically shut down by
people that wanted these forums to be a slow craw on here.
No one that I am aware of wants the forums to be a "slow crawl". People do appreciated metered and organized posting though. Besides: there will be a rules forum now so that each rules question can have it's own discussion and not be lost in a bit random rules thread. Seems like a good compromise to me.
I say people like it to be a slow craw because I quit what they called spamming the forums with topics. There is really no one that picked up the torch. People post a topic once in a awhile and that is it.

I will be honest posting in all about trek or deck design seems lost on me at this point. I posted a topic in all about trek 3mths ago. It is still on the first page of the forum.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote: I say people like it to be a slow craw because I quit what they called spamming the forums with topics. There is really no one that picked up the torch. People post a topic once in a awhile and that is it.

I will be honest posting in all about trek or deck design seems lost on me at this point. I posted a topic in all about trek 3mths ago. It is still on the first page of the forum.
Most of us cannot be on the forum 24 hours a day. But we have been thinking about what we read yesterday and want to reply now that we have an idea. But there are a whole page of new topics, and the one we were looking for to reply to has changed names and been replaced with nothing but beeps.

The annoying thing about your topics is you won't give us enough time to enjoy the ones you post before making six more. And All about trek isn't why I am here. I am here for STCCG. Trek is a dead creature to me until it comes back out of the paywall. I shall enjoy the old eps when I can, but the game is alive. The game is still growing, changing, being new again.

Now, let's go bomb some whales.

By Borg King
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
winterflames wrote:Most of us cannot be on the forum 24 hours a day. But we have been thinking about what we read yesterday and want to reply now that we have an idea. But there are a whole page of new topics, and the one we were looking for to reply to has changed names and been replaced with nothing but beeps.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I don't always have access or time to view these forums and/or reply/post to topics instantaneously and I'm sure several other members are in the same boat. I enjoy the passion and excitement of members posting new and different topics, but I prefer a quality subject and discussion as opposed to just upping my post count.

:borg:

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
The 1E Rules Forum is now officially established. I've moved a few threads over there, but if you see any threads you think belong there, go ahead and use the Report function to notify us of that. That's always the best way to let us mods know "Hey, look at this."
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Discovery suxs wrote::(

Random rules thread rip 7/3/2019
It's not dead. Only moved to the new forum. :)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
AllenGould wrote:
Discovery suxs wrote::(

Random rules thread rip 7/3/2019
It's not dead. Only moved to the new forum. :)
And locked, so yeah, RSVP Random rules thread.

Let's say my opponent manages to get an intruder o[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

One last check before I enter the event for the 28[…]

Vulcan Observation icons

I thought this was the intended functionality, and[…]

updated with VPs and Errata