This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
It's a new Regional season, and it's time for a new predictions competition. Unlike last year, we're guessing who will be the Most Improved player by rating after the Regional. Just like previous years, the winner will get an Ambassador Foil, guesses need to be made before the day of the event, and non-Regional events during Regional season will be used as a tiebreaker.

https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=10948
North American Continental Championships: Atlanta, GA
Last Year's Attendance: 11 Players
Last Year's Winner: Kevin Jaeger
Preregistered This Year: Jon Carter (1968), Kris Sonsteby (1859), Michael Van Breemen (1824), Robin Honeycutt (1781), Ryan Sutton (1766), Lucas Thompson (1643), Nathan Miracle (1643), Scott Baughman (1626), Austin Chandler (1584), Maggie Geppert (1500), Charlie Plaine (1496)
My Prediction: I haven't met many players as eager to prove himself as Robin - even if he doesn't win, I'm thinking he'll be a strong pick for the biggest ratings gain.

https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=10858
European Continental Championships: Manchester, UK
Last Year's Attendance: 8 Players
Last Year's Winner: Meinhard S. Rohr
Preregistered This Year: Alex Dixon (1806), Paddy Tye (1796), Stefan Slaby (1726), Niall Matthew (1615), admiralgary (1538), Damien1701 (1503), Tony Thrustle (1335)
My Prediction: Without Mr. Rohr around to steal Stefan's ratings points, I think this is where Slaby takes them back.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
For the US, I'll go for Austin, with a Ferengi black hole deck. EDIT: Sorry Austin, but I've only just noticed that my boy, the Tennessee Sensation, Ryan Sutton will be there. I have to change my vote to him. I owe you a drink Austin...

For the UK, I want to pick myself, but I don't do that. So my ratings gain pick goes to Alex, with a Non Aligned ANIMAL deck

Stay tuned for more UK news over the weekend. We have an affiliation draft event on the Saturday...

https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... ntID=11105

Place your bets on the victor. My bet is on Paddys Dominion build.
Last edited by sexecutioner on Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
I'm picking myself, which is a terrible idea. And for the UK, I'm picking Niall, which is also a terrible idea. But I want to get sexecuted someday, so this is the start of our feud.

-crp

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
I have a terrific plan for this event!

Step 1: Build a deck!
Step 2: Don't pick myself for ratings gain!
Step 3: Profit?
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
MidnightLich wrote:But I want to get sexecuted someday, so this is the start of our feud.
It's an unbelievable experience.

I'm picking Ryan and Niall.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
jadziadax8 wrote:
MidnightLich wrote:But I want to get sexecuted someday, so this is the start of our feud.
It's an unbelievable experience.

I'm picking Ryan and Niall.
SHOTS FIRED!

I apologise to all for not making an American event this year. I wanted to focus on things closer to home, plus invest more on Worlds and the UK Trek convention later this year.

I promise I'll be back for wherever the World championships are next year in the US, as long as you let me host an 'Aberdeen Anarchy on tour' side event there.

As for you Charlie, sexecution looms closer. The world will look back on this day and wonder "Why on earth did Charlie start a feud with this drunken idiot? He couldn't even handle the Scotsmans kilt properly!"

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Alas, due to family medical issues I won't be able to go. I can't drive down on Friday and flights are too expensive to go down just for Sunday.

My vote is that Robin will get the win and the biggest amount of ratings boost

Paddy for the Continental win for both win & boost
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
DarkSabre wrote:Alas, due to family medical issues I won't be able to go. I can't drive down on Friday and flights are too expensive to go down just for Sunday.

Sorry to hear that! But I hope everything is a-ok for you and your family.

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:
DarkSabre wrote:Alas, due to family medical issues I won't be able to go. I can't drive down on Friday and flights are too expensive to go down just for Sunday.

Sorry to hear that! But I hope everything is a-ok for you and your family.
Thanks! Maybe Atlanta is cursed for me :(

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]