This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
DarkSabre wrote:
bhosp wrote:Yes it was a combination of me somehow missing that glossary paragraph even when I was looking for it and also Austin using physical cards trying to be fancy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was using the cards via deckbuilder. Wasn’t using any physical cards except as backing [emoji41]

Then the problem was me playing a 3AM firefly game.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
bhosp wrote:
DarkSabre wrote:
bhosp wrote:Yes it was a combination of me somehow missing that glossary paragraph even when I was looking for it and also Austin using physical cards trying to be fancy.

I was using the cards via deckbuilder. Wasn’t using any physical cards except as backing [emoji41]

:lol:
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
DarkSabre wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:
DarkSabre wrote:Then you would argue that the capture fizzles? Because capturing rules clearly state he is relocated to my side of the location.

If possible!

There's no conflict here. You can capture Kirk, but you can't move him.
But relocate is a form of movement. Or is it not then?
Depends - the rule for movement talks about regular movement and relocation. So, first question to rules: does Hero's use of "move" refer to movement in general (including relocation) or to "regular movement" (excluding relocation?)
I mean capturing rules state you can move the personnel.
Cards trump rules, though. And there's a card specifically saying this guy can't move. (Even if both were cards, "can't" trumps "can")
 -  
Community Contributor
bhosp wrote:
If you're talking about the tabletop game, that's a pretty decent finish time... if you started at noon. :D

(I love that game, but dear god it can run forever if you're not careful.)

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
DarkSabre wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:
DarkSabre wrote:Then you would argue that the capture fizzles? Because capturing rules clearly state he is relocated to my side of the location.

If possible!

I still think rules/errata needs to look at this give an official answer and then figure out how to let this fun situation happen again.

But the status quo is actually the simplest, easiest to understand outcome: your opponent can’t really come mess with Kirk at all (because that would also disrupt the timeline). If you want to stop the timeline disruption, you have to come it the story mode way and check the Tribbles for bombs with a tricorder.

I just realized that if the Borg stop first contact, that timeline disruption also triggers the Hero of the Empire timeline disruption, which is fun.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
bhosp wrote:
DarkSabre wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:
If possible!

I still think rules/errata needs to look at this give an official answer and then figure out how to let this fun situation happen again.

But the status quo is actually the simplest, easiest to understand outcome: your opponent can’t really come mess with Kirk at all (because that would also disrupt the timeline). If you want to stop the timeline disruption, you have to come it the story mode way and check the Tribbles for bombs with a tricorder.

I just realized that if the Borg stop first contact, that timeline disruption also triggers the Hero of the Empire timeline disruption, which is fun.
No wait I’m wrong, because Kirk would be “protected” because he’s at a time location. The “timeline disrupted in 2063” rules need to be changed so that only 2063 and earlier time locations are safe.
 -  
Community Contributor
bhosp wrote:
bhosp wrote: I just realized that if the Borg stop first contact, that timeline disruption also triggers the Hero of the Empire timeline disruption, which is fun.
No wait I’m wrong, because Kirk would be “protected” because he’s at a time location. The “timeline disrupted in 2063” rules need to be changed so that only 2063 and earlier time locations are safe.
Kinda moot, since both of them are trying to annoy an affiliation that's not in play. ;)

The number of dilemmas that get put on a ship is[…]

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]