This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Kills people present.

On the planet surface only?

or also in an headquarters?

or in an landed ship?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
LuthySloan wrote:Kills people present.

On the planet surface only?

or also in an headquarters?

or in an landed ship?
Headquarters no because horta does not kill them unless they go outside as far as I know anyway.
Outpost definitely not

Landed ship probably works the same as hq.

Planet surface

Dead.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Link the card y'all: Biosphere Toxin .

Disco is right: planet surface residents die, nobody else does.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:Is the full answer, "because in a facility or ship, they are no longer present"?
No think of it logically.

If you are inside and storm outside. You are not affected by the storm. So horta is running around the headquarters and landed ship. Toxin is in the air outside.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Discovery suxs wrote:
SudenKapala wrote:Is the full answer, "because in a facility or ship, they are no longer present"?

If you are inside and storm outside. You are not affected by the storm. So horta is running around the headquarters and landed ship. Toxin is in the air outside.
No, SK's right. Another location (facility, ship, etc) is no longer "present" on the planet's surface.

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2023
Architect
Discovery suxs wrote:

Logic does not really factor into it; only game rules matter. Happily, the two often coincide. "Present" in gameplay terms (and that is the only thing that matters here) is defined as
on the planet surface (outside a facility or landed ship)
So yes, Suden, you are correct.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Indeed I had thought of it like that, logically (or as I call that, "story-wise"), Disco. (I always do -- but sporadically, that story-logic is hard to picture for me, too. And then I may ask about that, as well.)

But indeed, in this case I meant "rules-wise", Kaiser.

So thanks, both trio. :thumbsup:
Last edited by SudenKapala on Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I may of followed a different path but the result was the same in the end.

Logically alot of rules don't make any sense. So it is probably better to just go by the rules. Especially when you start putting stuff on holograms. holograms logically when they are deactivated they should be clean again when reactived back. There treated as normal personal except the rules stated in the glossary. So I have to think of things that kill other personal is a computer virus to holograms.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:holograms logically when they are deactivated they should be clean again when reactived back. There treated as normal personal except the rules stated in the glossary. So I have to think of things that kill other personal is a computer virus to holograms.
Story-wise I explain that thusly: they are hurt or die as holograms; and cannot cooperate any longer. Somebody needs to reset them -- but dealing with the rest of the dilemmas / mission / turn takes priority for your live personnel. So only later (after the turn) do the holograms get turned back on.

Things that "erase" [Holo] could be seen, sometimes, as the viri that you may hint at.
SudenKapala wrote:So thanks, both trio. :thumbsup:
Sorry, I missed Padd's addition. Thank you too!
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Latok wrote:Related question, if you Ravenous Hunger a planet with 6 Biosphere Toxins on it is it worth 0 points?
Set-Add-Multiply, so I'm gonna say "yes."

I feel sure there was a discussion of a similar interaction at some point in development, with the same answer, but can't recall the details.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:I may of followed a different path but the result was the same in the end.
The real Biosphere Toxin was the friends we made along the way.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation