This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Normally the first page of the expansion PDF has a title sheet that talks a bit about the expansion a bit, and a sneak preview of the next - this one just goes right to the cards. Is it coming later, or was the title page cut due to production reasons?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
So there is no first page? I did it all in the deck builder just because I didn't want the first page of it. I rather have 9 lt jose tylers lol.

By harry696
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
As was explained for the 2E expansion A Less Perfect Union, pdfs of new expansions will no longer have a title page, nor will there be an expansion pack art.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
We would love anyone with graphics experience to volunteer to take up this task.

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Johnny decided, reasonably, to step back from doing the cover pages in, I think, January. I'm told that the Art Team was asked if anyone would volunteer to step in, and nobody did. Therefore, there are no more cover pages -- unless someone outside Art volunteers to step into the gap.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I'd do it, but I think they'd want more than just stick figures done in MS Paint. :P
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
My shapes in Word would probably be equally unsatisfactory, Boffo.

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Honestly, I don't think it's that hard, given the amount of work already invested in creating resources for these. I have zero graphics skill or training or talent, and my best graphics program is Paint.NET, but, if provided with the template for the last one, I think I could make one of those cover pages.

What it would cost me, even with the template, is a ton of time. There's a great deal of typing involved. I'd have to come up with a clever header image and size it correctly. (But making it isn't that hard: it's usually two screenshots from the expansion with a red or blue layer on top, with the red or blue layer then set to be somewhat transparent.) For 1E, making pack art must be fairly straightforward, because it's just the set icon and the new name on the same pack template. (2E is much harder, I'm sure.) That bottom bar with all the expansions on it is probably murder, because everything has to be resized every time to fit with the new icon. The card list box and font will change size every time the set size fluctuates, too, which is always an adventure I'm sure.

Overall, you're looking at a good solid evening of work, no matter how you slice it. (Maybe more? The card list alone is a BUNCH of typing.) Given how little attention those cover sheets get, I'd probably do the same thing as Johnny in his shoes and step back. That's an evening I could spend more productively, like on building decks or doing website improvements. You'll notice I didn't step forward to take this on.

But, at the same time, if this is important to anybody out there... don't assume this is beyond your abilities, however limited. There's nothing in that cover sheet that anyone with the current template, TrekCore screencaps, and Paint.NET couldn't manage on his own -- it'll just take a ton of time, and it's time that Johnny and the Art Team were no longer willing to spend. If you are willing to spend the time, step on down and I'm sure Maggie will put you on the connect!

Please correct me if I'm wrong about any of this, Johnny.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
Making it, and making it look good are two different things. It's entirely reasonable that Johnny can step back from doing it himself. He does a lot of stuff himself. We can make something that is automated, but it won't look as nice, that's for sure. So yeah, any graphics artists out there?

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2023
Architect

That's the best I could do with a couple of hours of spare time and no access to templates, TCC graphics, info on fonts/sizes/etc, and especially no motivation to try and fix stuff that didn't come out the way I hoped it would on the first try. Also, full of typos.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Kaiser wrote:Image

That's the best I could do with a couple of hours of spare time and no access to templates, TCC graphics, info on fonts/sizes/etc, and especially no motivation to try and fix stuff that didn't come out the way I hoped it would on the first try. Also, full of typos.

Definitely get a A++++ for effort and taking the time to produce something pretty close to the ones I have seen in the past with the sets. :thumbsup:

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
So the real question now is who is going to talk Kaiser into doing cover sheets.... :shifty:

By soggy_amphibian (Mark)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Maje
harry696 wrote:As was explained for the 2E expansion A Less Perfect Union, pdfs of new expansions will no longer have a title page, nor will there be an expansion pack art.
Was this communicated to the folks who frequent the 1e boards but not the 2e boards? (not assuming it wasn't, I could easily have missed it)
Is Sedis a captain?

P'Jem Sanctuary can also DL Sopek .

Virtual Promos 2E

What is the status of promos 0 VP 353, 0 VP 354, a[…]

Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]