This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Nessi wrote:Can be Beverly Picard AU togehter with Beverly Crusher Premier in the game or just one of them?
Neither of them names the other in bold in the lore, which means that they are not instances of the same persona, which means it's perfectly legal to have both of them hanging out together. Just assume that future Bev time traveled back in time to warn her past self not to marry a superior officer. ;-)
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Yes, they can. They are not versions of the same persona.

Usually, versions of a personnel from the distant past, far future, or an alternate universe will not be considered versions of the same persona, and can be together in the game. So Mr. Spock and Captain Spock cannot co-exist with each other (they're from roughly the same time period), but they each can co-exist with Spock (who is from 80-100 years in the future).

By Tim (Tim Davidson)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:Just remember this 1 AU/1Mirror/1 regular
I'd be careful, there's no reason a character can't have several AU personas (Admiral Picard/Lt. (j.g.) Picard, Commander Troi/Major Rakal) and the TOS crew personas have multiple AU cards as their "regular" including mirror faction icon versions.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Timo wrote:
I'd be careful, there's no reason a character can't have several AU personas (Admiral Picard/Lt. (j.g.) Picard, Commander Troi/Major Rakal) and the TOS crew personas have multiple AU cards as their "regular" including mirror faction icon versions.
Timo is correct.

The important thing is to look for a bolded non-italicized name in the lore of both personnel. (Bolded italicized names indicate either Mirror Universe counterparts or that this personnel impersonates the named personnel while infiltrating.

If one personnel names another personnel in bolded text in their lore, they are versions of the same persona and can thus not co-exist, barring some kind of shenanigans, like cloning then persona replacement). Arachnia has Kathryn Janeway bolded in her lore, and thus cannot co-exist with any personnel named Kathryn Janeway.

If two (or more) personnel both name the same personnel in bordered text, they are part of the same persona and cannot co-exist. Ben Sisko, Dr. Noah, Jodmos,Joran, Lt. Sisko and The Emissary (whew) all name Benjamin Sisko in bold in their lore, so they are all part of the Benjamin Sisko persona and cannot co-exist with him nor with each other.

If neither condition is true, then even if they look like the same person, they are not instances of the same persona for some reason or other and thus can co-exist.

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
Boffo97 wrote:
Timo wrote:
Timo is correct.

The important thing is to look for a bolded non-italicized name in the lore of both personnel. (Bolded italicized names indicate either Mirror Universe counterparts or that this personnel impersonates the named personnel while infiltrating.

If one personnel names another personnel in bolded text in their lore, they are versions of the same persona and can thus not co-exist, barring some kind of shenanigans, like cloning then persona replacement). Arachnia has Kathryn Janeway bolded in her lore, and thus cannot co-exist with any personnel named Kathryn Janeway.

If two (or more) personnel both name the same personnel in bordered text, they are part of the same persona and cannot co-exist. Ben Sisko, Dr. Noah, Jodmos,Joran, Lt. Sisko and The Emissary (whew) all name Benjamin Sisko in bold in their lore, so they are all part of the Benjamin Sisko persona and cannot co-exist with him nor with each other.

If neither condition is true, then even if they look like the same person, they are not instances of the same persona for some reason or other and thus can co-exist.
There are a few ways around this though as specific cards’ game text can overrule generic game rules. For example, Clone Machine lets you play a copy of a unique personnel in play. Solving Aid Clone Colony lets you download a unique personnel you already have in play. Once in play, you could persona swap them for a different version of the same persona - for example, your second Benjamin Sisko could be swapped for The Emissary.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Timo wrote:
Though don't forget Major Rakal is a unique exception as despite the [1E-AU] iconshe is listed as a persona of Deanna Troi unlike Commander Troi. So Rakal cannot be in play at the same time as Durango or Deanna Troi but can exist at the same time as Commander Troi.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Enabran wrote:Major Rakals [1E-AU] is silly

Ensign q brought that up and got bash for it. He lead a pretty strong campaign to clean up the game. Sadly nothing came from it. So the fact he is a ghost now makes me think he is gone now. The first set romulan holograms could be debated for sure.
Major rakals didn't make my romulan underground deck because of the AU period. I'm not seeding a doorway for a her only.

Timo wrote:

I understand all that but my point is still valid though.

I can have non [1E-AU] picard out with either one of the [1E-AU] Picards. Now it does get tricky with ships though.

There is a uss enterprise in first set, there is a uss enterprise that downloads wall of ships, there is a future enterprise and I think there is one that say enterprise D in lore too. There all the same ship techinally.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:
Enabran wrote:Major Rakals [1E-AU] is silly

Ensign q brought that up and got bash for it. He lead a pretty strong campaign to clean up the game. Sadly nothing came from it. So the fact he is a ghost now makes me think he is gone now. The first set romulan holograms could be debated for sure.
Major rakals didn't make my romulan underground deck because of the AU period. I'm not seeding a doorway for a her only.

Timo wrote:

I understand all that but my point is still valid though.

I can have non [1E-AU] picard out with either one of the [1E-AU] Picards. Now it does get tricky with ships though.

There is a uss enterprise in first set, there is a uss enterprise that downloads wall of ships, there is a future enterprise and I think there is one that say enterprise D in lore too. There all the same ship techinally.
With the separation of 1E and 2E there is no longer an Enterprise-D in 1E. The premiere USS Enterprise and the Chain of Command USS Enterprise are personas and follow under that rule while the Future Enterprise does not. What becomes slightly tricky is the fact that Admiral Picard can command USS Enterprise.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ok cool things get really confusing when you look at the classic enterprise.

Tribbles enterprise
CC enterprise
MP enterprise
Enterprise A
I know it is not the same ship but let's throw enterprise B in there too. Let's not forget the universial ones too. I just thought it was always alot to keep up with in a game.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:Ensign q brought that up
and got bash for it
. He lead a pretty strong campaign to clean up the game. Sadly nothing came from it.
All those ideas take resources - resource we sadly just don't have at the moment. "Fix Rakal" has been going on since before Decipher ended the game. She - along with the Romulan holograms, and others - have been annoying for a long time but there are always more pressing concerns. Game breaking concerns. Rakal and company don't break the game. We'll get there some day - just need to be patient. 8)

It's sorta like my bathroom door downstairs. It sticks. I don't like it. I should fix it. I can fix it. But right now I have about a dozen more important home projects than a fully functional door that simply doesn't open as smoothly as I would like.... :?
Crossover question

I was literally just typing up this question all[…]

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0