This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Well besides more personal of course. I would definitely want a NA univeral engineer. A enterprise with a cloaking device. Definitely a way to keep Arnie darvin k7 ability. If you seed finial frontier you are basically giving up that card draw with him. Yes you can still place him on the time location. If you are going that route. It would be easier to just not play final frontier.

So what are your hopes if different from mine?

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:Well besides more personal of course. I would definitely want a NA univeral engineer. A enterprise with a cloaking device. Definitely a way to keep Arnie darvin k7 ability. If you seed finial frontier you are basically giving up that card draw with him. Yes you can still place him on the time location. If you are going that route. It would be easier to just not play final frontier.

I don't think there is a [OS] example of a [Fed] ship having a cloaking device. But you can use either Romulan Cloaking Device or Stolen Cloaking Device to get one on your ship pretty easily.

Yeah I kind of see what you are saying about Darvin. You could use your FF ship DL to grab I.K.C Groth, which grabs Darvin, but then you have to move him to K-7 which could take a while depending on your spaceline, and of course since you can't report people to K-7/Peak, his skill is useless anyway. gotta get your card draws somewhere else :)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Takket wrote:
Discovery suxs wrote:Well besides more personal of course. I would definitely want a NA univeral engineer. A enterprise with a cloaking device. Definitely a way to keep Arnie darvin k7 ability. If you seed finial frontier you are basically giving up that card draw with him. Yes you can still place him on the time location. If you are going that route. It would be easier to just not play final frontier.

I don't think there is a [OS] example of a [Fed] ship having a cloaking device. But you can use either Romulan Cloaking Device or Stolen Cloaking Device to get one on your ship pretty easily.

Yeah I kind of see what you are saying about Darvin. You could use your FF ship DL to grab I.K.C Groth, which grabs Darvin, but then you have to move him to K-7 which could take a while depending on your spaceline, and of course since you can't report people to K-7/Peak, his skill is useless anyway. gotta get your card draws somewhere else :)
Centurion kirk episode is the enterprise with a cloak episode. They stole the cloak and used it to escape the romulans. The romulan cloaking device is actually not that easy for federation as romulans.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Discovery suxs wrote:
Takket wrote:

Centurion kirk episode is the enterprise with a cloak episode. They stole the cloak and used it to escape the romulans. The romulan cloaking device is actually not that easy for federation as romulans.
Given the amount of hijinx required to get the Romulan Cloaking Device on to the Enterprise, I'd argue that it SHOULDN'T be that easy for the Federation.

Besides, it's not THAT hard; all you have to do is play it and Mr. Scott to Sherman's Peak and you're on your way!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
So what is your way using Final frontier?

The whole reason I wanted a NA engineer is because if you made a TOS romulan /Klingon deck based on current cards. You have 1 unqiue personnel with the engineer skill only. Decipher left a big hole there. Especially since they had so much stuff for combining them together.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Discovery suxs wrote:So what is your way using Final frontier?
Easy. Download Starship Enterprise, [DL] First Officer Spock, [DL] Romulan Cloaking Device. Use your seeded Preserver Obelisk to download 2 ENGINEER personnel - Mea 3 and Vanderberg will work nicely - and you're off and running on turn one!

Bottom line, if you really want to play with Romulan Cloaking Device in a [OS] [Fed] deck there's no shortage of ways to do it. No changes required.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
Discovery suxs wrote:So what is your way using Final frontier?
Easy. Download Starship Enterprise, [DL] First Officer Spock, [DL] Romulan Cloaking Device. Use your seeded Preserver Obelisk to download 2 ENGINEER personnel - Mea 3 and Vanderberg will work nicely - and you're off and running on turn one!

Bottom line, if you really want to play with Romulan Cloaking Device in a [OS] [Fed] deck there's no shortage of ways to do it. No changes required.
So special downloads can special report personnel too? I saw you got [MQ] spock. Romulan cloaking device says can only report those 2 places.

So I guess you know all kinds of tricks. :thumbsup:

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
[DL]'s imply the destination of "here", or to be more specific "at this spaceline location", so the quadrant rule doesn't apply, nor do restrictions on the card itself as to where it reports. It's kind of confusing, but that's 1E.

For more fun, if a card allows you to [DL] an Artifact, like Leonardo da Vinci semi-sensibly (only sensibly because's he's a hologram and what he paints wouldn't be the real painting) allows you to download the Mona Lisa. That means you just put it in play at his location. No earning required.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Yep. Special downloading personnel is a form of special reporting. It provides the destination of "here" (wherever "here" happens to be).

By phaserihardlyknowher (Ben Daeuber)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:So special downloads can special report personnel too? I saw you got [MQ] spock. Romulan cloaking device says can only report those 2 places.

This is, incidentally, my workaround for the missing pieces in TOS block for now. Since there's no ❖ Engineer or Medical, gotta recruit some folks from the MU and get them in via U.S.S. Constitution's sweet, sweet download.
Last edited by phaserihardlyknowher on Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
phaserihardlyknowher wrote:
Discovery suxs wrote:So special downloads can special report personnel too? I saw you got [MQ] spock. Romulan cloaking device says can only report those 2 places.

This is, incidentally, my workaround for the missing pieces in TOS block for now. Since there's no ❖ Engineer or Medical, gotta recruit some folks from the MU and get them in via U.S.S. Constitution's sweet, sweet download.
Vanderberg isn't a ❖ ENGINEER?

As for Medical, you have me there, though there's enough different unique Medical that you should be able to get coverage.
Last edited by Armus on Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
phaserihardlyknowher wrote:

Vanderberg isn't a ❖ ENGINEER?

As for Medical, you have me there, though there's enough different unique Medical that you should be able to get coverage.
Actually if we're using [MQ] personnel then Yeoman Vaughn might say differently.
Last edited by Slayer07 on Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By phaserihardlyknowher (Ben Daeuber)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:Vanderberg isn't a ❖ ENGINEER?

Of course I forgot about Vanderberg. I've been thinking of him in terms of his "native" status (download via Preserver Obelisk). The unique medical is fine, but it's susceptible to dilemmas like Hippocratic Oath (and other dilemmas which target high skill characters), and it doesn't allow me to leverage the special download of the U.S.S. Constitution in a pinch, which is what I'd really like.
Last edited by phaserihardlyknowher on Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Three things I want....

[SD] Brandy
[SD] Sickbay: Booze Cupboard
[SD] Evil Kirk karate chopping a ship

These three got shot down swiftly by fellow co-designer Paddy.

I tried to tell him the Germans would love this stuff, but he's really a secret Brexiteer and said all Germans must be deported sober...
Last edited by sexecutioner on Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
phaserihardlyknowher wrote:The unique medical is fine, but it's susceptible to dilemmas like Hippocratic Oath (and other dilemmas which target high skill characters), and it doesn't allow me to leverage the special download of the U.S.S. Constitution in a pinch, which is what I'd really like.
But you can special download Dr. McCoy with the Enterprise and nuke Hipp Oath completely.

Classic Medical Tricorder is also a big hand. I'll probably keep including Lt. Bashir in my decks just for that, even at the cost of a card play.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation