This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I love the card. I already had a deck with 90% gender related dilemmas. I just added this card. Shore leave is amazing with let me help. The only negative is wind dancer is terrible by today's cards. No mention of crime captures 2 personal now. So I had spock, vanderbeg, kirk, and scott captured by just 2 dilemmas. I still lost the game because motion pictures klingons are not as far as TOS federation. CC made reunite legends and that is it as far as I know anyway. So it is good next set is movies.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:I love the card. I already had a deck with 90% gender related dilemmas. I just added this card. Shore leave is amazing with let me help. The only negative is wind dancer is terrible by today's cards. No mention of crime captures 2 personal now. So I had spock, vanderbeg, kirk, and scott captured by just 2 dilemmas. I still lost the game because motion pictures klingons are not as far as TOS federation. CC made reunite legends and that is it as far as I know anyway. So it is good next set is movies.
yeah i don't think people even think about youth or music in a deck but it is on enough people as a third or 4th skill they probably have it. that and getting someone with strength of 10 is pretty easy. i just checked a deck i made and i have 2 youth, and 3 music, though damned if i could tell you who they are lol. i actually only have 1 person in the deck that can meet the strength and he needs a phaser to do it.

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2023
Architect
Discovery suxs wrote: No mention of crime captures 2 personal now.
You played this card wrong. Read Let Me Help and No Mention of Crime again. It still captures only a single male personnel OR stops any 3 males present; Nullify with five female personnel. It's probably not intuitive, but that's how it works according to the card text.
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
Kaiser wrote:
You played this card wrong. Read Let Me Help and No Mention of Crime again. It still captures only a single male personnel OR stops any 3 males present; Nullify with five female personnel. It's probably not intuitive, but that's how it works according to the card text.
:thumbsup:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Kaiser wrote:

Of course it is not intuitive. I see what you mean now. Let me help also says printed number techinally there is no printed numbers on any of the love interest dilemmas. 1E had to make things confusing instead of crystal clear of course.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Discovery suxs wrote:
Kaiser wrote:

Of course it is not intuitive. I see what you mean now. Let me help also says printed number technically there is no printed numbers on any of the love interest dilemmas. 1E had to make things confusing instead of crystal clear of course.
But wait, does two count as a printed number or does it only effect 2? I would argue that two is a word and 2 is a number. I may be splitting hairs but is there a precedence of this?

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2023
Architect
Professor Scott wrote:
But wait, does two count as a printed number or does it only effect 2? I would argue that two is a word and 2 is a number. I may be splitting hairs but is there a precedence of this?
Both. It was specifically clarified when Let Me Help was shown.
Specifically, it can be found in the Current Rulings Document, entry "printed number".
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Professor Scott wrote:But wait, does two count as a printed number or does it only effect 2? I would argue that two is a word and 2 is a number. I may be splitting hairs but is there a precedence of this?
Kaiser has the answer, but the precedent is Shades of Gray: Despair and its (mostly unhelpful) interaction with Nitrium Metal Parasites.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
BCSWowbagger wrote:
Professor Scott wrote:But wait, does two count as a printed number or does it only effect 2? I would argue that two is a word and 2 is a number. I may be splitting hairs but is there a precedence of this?
Kaiser has the answer, but the precedent is Shades of Gray: Despair and its (mostly unhelpful) interaction with Nitrium Metal Parasites.

I guess that being: Place on ship. Ship can still move, but is destroyed at the end of your third full turn unless 3 SCIENCE OR 3 ENGINEER aboard by that time.

Because if two can be considered 2, then clearly second should have the same consideration.

By this line of thinking, Shades: Despair effects the second listed skill and no longer effects the first listed skill on Rascals.

Yes, I release that first and second are not numbers themselves, but they do represent numeric positions. I am sure this argument has been settled long before, but for clarity, does it only effect (1, One) and (2, Two) or does first and second get effected?
Last edited by Professor Scott on Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 -  
Community Contributor
Professor Scott wrote:I guess that being: Place on ship. Ship can still move, but is destroyed at the end of your third full turn unless 3 SCIENCE OR 3 ENGINEER aboard by that time.

Because if two can be considered 2, then clearly second should have the same consideration.

By this line of thinking, Shades: Despair effects the second listed skill and no longer effects the first listed skill on Rascals.
Correct -- and, indeed, the CRD says that explicitly as of February or March this year.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
BCSWowbagger wrote:
Professor Scott wrote:I guess that being: Place on ship. Ship can still move, but is destroyed at the end of your third full turn unless 3 SCIENCE OR 3 ENGINEER aboard by that time.

Correct -- and, indeed, the CRD says that explicitly as of February or March this year.
Outstanding, thanks! I have placed the entries below:

printed number–Cards that increase each "printed number" on another card affect all forms of numbers. "1" becomes "2", "one" becomes "two", "[countdown:1]" becomes "[countdown:2]," and "first" becomes "second". See Rascals.

Rascals–When affected by Shades of Gray: Despair, Youth replaces the second-listed skill, and personnel who do not have a second skill are unaffected
 -  
Community Contributor
That extra countdown marker on Brief Romance, btw, is an easily-overlooked but very nifty feature of Let Me Help.

By phaserihardlyknowher (Ben Daeuber)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Not to interrupt the interesting discussion about numerals, numbers and our semantic understanding of cards, but I want to say that I seeded this card over the weekend and it did not go well for me. I mean, it was nice to trip someone up Koon-ut-kal-if-fee (effectively killing an away team member in many decks), but I also hit Female Love Interest/Tarellian Plague Ship not once but twice and oof, did that hurt. I realize that's by design, but I would seriously think twice about using a seed slot on that again.

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.