This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
phaserihardlyknowher wrote:Not to interrupt the interesting discussion about numerals, numbers and our semantic understanding of cards, but I want to say that I seeded this card over the weekend and it did not go well for me. I mean, it was nice to trip someone up Koon-ut-kal-if-fee (effectively killing an away team member in many decks), but I also hit Female Love Interest/Tarellian Plague Ship not once but twice and oof, did that hurt. I realize that's by design, but I would seriously think twice about using a seed slot on that again.
That's an interesting point, if you are counting on your opponent to seed it, why should you seed it also? Of course then you both end up assuming the other seeded it, and now neither of you did. We are back where we started.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
phaserihardlyknowher wrote:Not to interrupt the interesting discussion about numerals, numbers and our semantic understanding of cards, but I want to say that I seeded this card over the weekend and it did not go well for me. I mean, it was nice to trip someone up Koon-ut-kal-if-fee (effectively killing an away team member in many decks), but I also hit Female Love Interest/Tarellian Plague Ship not once but twice and oof, did that hurt. I realize that's by design, but I would seriously think twice about using a seed slot on that again.
You have to base a deck around it. Shore leave really is just awesome with let me help. I love downloader dilemmas that download other dilemmas.

By phaserihardlyknowher (Ben Daeuber)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:You have to base a deck around it. Shore leave really is just awesome with let me help. I love downloader dilemmas that download other dilemmas.
This was originally in my deck, but I decided I want an original crew themed dilemma strategy. All TOS or the first six movies. That still gives quite a few options, but it definitely was not leveraged like it could have been.

That doesn't help too much with how the dilemmas hit me, however. Given that disadvantage, I'll probably use that seed slot on Call for Reinforcements instead, at least in this particular deck.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
phaserihardlyknowher wrote:
Discovery suxs wrote:You have to base a deck around it. Shore leave really is just awesome with let me help. I love downloader dilemmas that download other dilemmas.
This was originally in my deck, but I decided I want an original crew themed dilemma strategy. All TOS or the first six movies. That still gives quite a few options, but it definitely was not leveraged like it could have been.

That doesn't help too much with how the dilemmas hit me, however. Given that disadvantage, I'll probably use that seed slot on Call for Reinforcements instead, at least in this particular deck.
If you are using a Q tent already. I would say spacedoor over call for reinforcements.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote:should be a hidden agenda though
Nah it is really not a shock card. Shades of grey events being hidden agenda is along the same lines. It does not really matter if you are going to flip it first dilemma anyway.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:
Ensign Q wrote:should be a hidden agenda though
Nah it is really not a shock card. Shades of grey events being hidden agenda is along the same lines. It does not really matter if you are going to flip it first dilemma anyway.
Can still help first attempt. If your opponent sees that card, then they know 99% you're playing gender dilemmas and can prep. So why give your opponent that knowledge? Stopping them first attempt can be just as game changing as stopping them last attempt.

~D

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Depends how you enjoy the game. Mirror image being a hidden agenda makes sense. I play my traveler event and I'm like oh man when my opponent flips mirror image. The shades of grey events has never done anything different to me based on my playstyle. I'm reading the dilemma and my opponent says everything is doubled on the card. I have it or I don't have it. Most of the time I still have it. Since I never attempt a mission with less than double the mission requirements. I'm a defensive player.

Stopped personnel can cure. That's the tiny det[…]

Jared FW Kris 100-35

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]