This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Mogh, Son Of Worf (Meinhard S. Rohr)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Swedish National Champion 2018
I'd really love if there was some kind of summary document on the front page where the rule changes / errata / ban lists entries from the last couple of months are summarized. The most current errata / rulings are only good enough when you play regularly, not so much if you play only once or twice a year.

I really like that changes are made and that the CC makes use of the digital nature of virtual cards and adapts much quicker to problems than before. But it's really frustrating to click through the patchwork of errata and current rulings updates or to find out during deck printing that yet another change was done to some cards.

Such a document wouldn't even require much information about what was changed, one can then look at the cards afterwards. A single line for each change would suffice. I just would love to know that a card or rule was changed (if it was an important rule change, not just something new that came up with an expansion or streamlined another rule)

Something like this:
July:
Card X was banned
Card Y was errataed
Rule Z was changed
June:
Card A was errataed
Expansion XYZ released

Then, whenever I play I can just scroll down to the last time I played and see what has changed and adapt.

Since CR documents and stuff need to be updated anyway, I would really appreciate if such a document could be made available.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I can see why this would be handy. :thumbsup:
If the technical side, and/or time, is an issue, this could also be solved by a sticky (and perhaps editor-restricted) topic in forum.
There may be a reason that Mogh did not propose this, since he might have thought of it, too. If so, please elaborate on why a forum thread is not a good idea.
The merit of a forum topic is, I think, expedience.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Mogh, Son Of Worf wrote:I'd really love if there was some kind of summary document on the front page where the rule changes / errata / ban lists entries from the last couple of months are summarized. The most current errata / rulings are only good enough when you play regularly, not so much if you play only once or twice a year.

I really like that changes are made and that the CC makes use of the digital nature of virtual cards and adapts much quicker to problems than before. But it's really frustrating to click through the patchwork of errata and current rulings updates or to find out during deck printing that yet another change was done to some cards.

Such a document wouldn't even require much information about what was changed, one can then look at the cards afterwards. A single line for each change would suffice. I just would love to know that a card or rule was changed (if it was an important rule change, not just something new that came up with an expansion or streamlined another rule)

Something like this:
July:
Card X was banned
Card Y was errataed
Rule Z was changed
June:
Card A was errataed
Expansion XYZ released

Then, whenever I play I can just scroll down to the last time I played and see what has changed and adapt.

Since CR documents and stuff need to be updated anyway, I would really appreciate if such a document could be made available.

Basically you want a archive of previous articles. CC basically does this for free. So time spent moving around articles is time not spent making new cards.

I love the fact you still play the game. I will give you the nascar answer to your question. Nascar would be out of business if you were a fan that only watched it twice a year. So I hate to say it but needs of the many outweighs the needs of the few in life.

I rather have them putting there creative minds to work on new cards instead of bookkeeping the website. It would be a resource for any player but I for one would never use it. I would look at the current list and that is it.

I'm not being mean just trying to explain this is basically fans of the game doing what they love to do as a hobby. They don't really get paid for it.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
The new website will have this. (In fact, it already does.) I know that doesn't actually help you right now, though. Promises, promises.

If there's sufficient demand, I could see the possibility of porting this feature from the new website back to our current website.

By Mogh, Son Of Worf (Meinhard S. Rohr)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Swedish National Champion 2018
BCSWowbagger wrote:The new website will have this. (In fact, it already does.) I know that doesn't actually help you right now, though. Promises, promises.
Awesome :thumbsup: :cheersL:
I'm good for right now, I was just frustrated some hours ago when basically all my designs were nixed at some stage due to some new discovery. I hope I don't discover any serious rule changes as well, don't have time for that now :shifty:

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Mogh, Son Of Worf wrote:Awesome :thumbsup: :cheersL:
I'm good for right now, I was just frustrated some hours ago when basically all my designs were nixed at some stage due to some new discovery. I hope I don't discover any serious rule changes as well, don't have time for that now :shifty:
You did catch the rules update that normal card play phase and execute orders phase have been switched, i.e. that NCP now comes right before card draw phase?

It still has to be incorprorated in the CRD, and was not made very clear in the preceding parts of this post that, of course, this is post itself is a joke. So you can breathe again. I was being silly. As y'all already figured, of course.

8) :P :wink:
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
Special rule: Ludwig is not allowed to play interrupts! ;-)
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
KazonPADD wrote:Special rule: Ludwig is not allowed to play interrupts! ;-)
I knew there must be a reason the July CRD was delayed!

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:
KazonPADD wrote:Special rule: Ludwig is not allowed to play interrupts! ;-)
I knew there must be a reason the July CRD was delayed!
Late addenum, Lore is only allowed to play universal personnel, and Hoss-Drone is only allowed to play peacknik's and total non-interference
Is Sedis a captain?

P'Jem Sanctuary can also DL Sopek .

Virtual Promos 2E

What is the status of promos 0 VP 353, 0 VP 354, a[…]

Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]