This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
It seemed like fun but I will be simple here. I spent 30 bucks on printing cards. Honestly borg is way too much for my memory. I played 8 personnel and had 8 different abilities. I had to remember dilemma stuff. I had to download stuff. I had to do alot more other things. I didn't hate borg but I just can't keep up with all that stuff every turn.

So nothing negative just something I can't do in the game.. I will keep the deck to try again in the future.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Borg do have a lot of moving parts, that's true. And they definitely aren't for beginners by any stretch. I'd definitely call them an acquired taste.

That said, the single best deck I ever built was Borg, so if you're willing to deal with all of the moving parts, complications, and restrictions, they're definitely a really strong affiliation.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Yeah, it's all about practice with the Borg.

They intimidated me away from playing them for 20 years, but now I have some of the most fun while playing Borg.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Congrats! :D :cheersL:

What they all said, above; and also: I love playing them but have some of the same trouble. Not to the same extent, perhaps; but they certainly do hurt my brain and strain both my memory and my processor to the max.

And everybody has issues there, at least in the beginning. Nothing to be ashamed about. :wink: :thumbsup:

I've decided to keep trying, and so far, I've seen some things get better for me.
I hope you can one day return to your Borg deck, and gradually have more fun with dem Swedish-sounding zombies, too.

As for the names -- I just try to remember their task designations, like the "Procurement Drone" is the bloke who procures equipment. I skip reading or saying the numbers altogether. When I made that choice, it became much better to distinguish them.

(I still have trouble with the Jem'Hadar, though, in that regard. Their names sound so much alike. Does anybody have tips for that?)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:Congrats! :D :cheersL:

What they all said, above; and also: I love playing them but have some of the same trouble. Not to the same extent, perhaps; but they certainly do hurt my brain and strain both my memory and my processor to the max.

And everybody has issues there, at least in the beginning. Nothing to be ashamed about. :wink: :thumbsup:

I've decided to keep trying, and so far, I've seen some things get better for me.
I hope you can one day return to your Borg deck, and gradually have more fun with dem Swedish-sounding zombies, too.

As for the names -- I just try to remember their task designations, like the "Procurement Drone" is the bloke who procures equipment. I skip reading or saying the numbers altogether. When I made that choice, it became much better to distinguish them.

(I still have trouble with the Jem'Hadar, though, in that regard. Their names sound so much alike. Does anybody have tips for that?)
My jem'hadar deck has dominion War efforts in it. I have never lost with the deck. First turn 3 card plays and 6 card draws. It only gets worse as the game goes too. You had in friction I'm so ahead of my opponent. It is my only turn 7 or 8 deck. Anyway I have to write down all those jem'hadar names for war efforts.

You said you remember borg by tasks. I just remembered them by red, blue, and green. I had a blue drone so I can use most of my equipment. I had a red drone so I could attack with a card.

I may go back one day. Right now I got over 20 decks and could make 20 more before printing anymore. So definitely not right now.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
You all know I love to (fail at) play(ing) Borg.

Here's a photo of the 'line in my most recent game as Borg:

Q6_OpnCam_20190915_143048.jpg
Q6_OpnCam_20190915_143048.jpg (92.91 KiB) Viewed 859 times
Rich & Morty, Total Rick-all!

Anybody ever found themselves in this 'The Thing'-like situation? :borg:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Enabran wrote:Are you playing online with Lackey?
What do you mean? Did it have something to do with the hidden photo I posted? :borg: But no, that was clearly a live game. :wink:

Actually, in the next game I changed from playing Borg to playing an android:
Q6_OpnCam_20190915_154437.jpg
Q6_OpnCam_20190915_154437.jpg (101.97 KiB) Viewed 809 times

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Enabran wrote:It was a question for Discovery
No

I own 2 laptops but I use my phone mainly. If lackey had real rules and everything in it. I might use it but from what I have seen it is only accepted by the community because there is no alternative to it.

You just proved why I hate when people bump dead topics. Especially when it is pretty much unrelated to the topic. Sudden is really big on this honestly. He has bumped year old topics on here. The process has always been from my experience. If it is off page 1 and has nothing to do with your topic. Just make a new topic.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
It's the other way around. I wouldn't say I'm "big" on bumping old topics; rather, I'm very small on making new topics (which is/was Disco's department :wink: ). I just had these funny photos to share, and for something like this I'm too... shy to make new subjects. (Which does result in bumping old stuff, so... yes. Guilty.)
I see now that not everybody checks the date of the previous posts in a topic. Which can be confusing. And it's all my fault! But at least we've seen here, as before, that sleeping topics are not necessarily dead yet. :P

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:It's the other way around. I wouldn't say I'm "big" on bumping old topics; rather, I'm very small on making new topics (which is/was Disco's department :wink: ). I just had these funny photos to share, and for something like this I'm too... shy to make new subjects. (Which does result in bumping old stuff, so... yes. Guilty.)
I see now that not everybody checks the date of the previous posts in a topic. Which can be confusing. And it's all my fault! But at least we've seen here, as before, that sleeping topics are not necessarily dead yet. :P
As part as my way out before I'm forced to leave forever. I only make general topics now. I have only made 2 topics this month. Anyone who knows me knows that is less than 1% of my topics status.

@Brad are you Brad Snyder?

That is intended. A cure dilemma ALWAYS has its ef[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a di[…]

Capturing Related

Thank you for the explanation. It's speculative, b[…]