This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Fleet Admiral
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
HoodieDM wrote:Also, wouldnt a heavy Kazon battle deck have beaten this Borg deck? I feel like Kazon are always just the pure counter to Borg battle ship decks. Its all about meta choices.
I wouldn't assume Kazon can beat Borg consistently, nor the other way around. Any time you play a battle deck against another battle deck, it is going to be a coin flip on whom hits first and whom hits harder.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
LORE wrote:
HoodieDM wrote:Also, wouldnt a heavy Kazon battle deck have beaten this Borg deck? I feel like Kazon are always just the pure counter to Borg battle ship decks. Its all about meta choices.
I wouldn't assume Kazon can beat Borg consistently, nor the other way around. Any time you play a battle deck against another battle deck, it is going to be a coin flip on whom hits first and whom hits harder.
Oh most definitely. I just feel like Kazon was specifically designed to be anti-assimilation and their powerful warships and little ships with the ability to still get them out fast to overwhelm, even the Borg, makes them a good counter. You're right that anyone can still win, just saying based off the meta choices, had someone brought a Kazon deck, might have given you the most trouble (assuming it was piloted by a top 20 player).

~D
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Fleet Admiral
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Spectre9 wrote:Looks like the one loss on day 1 was to a Bajoran deck? What did this deck do. Hide people at the celestial temple?
My loss was the very first game I had ever played with this deck, and I punched myself in the dick by seeding my Transwarp Network Gateway in the Alpha Quadrant instead of in the Gamma Quadrant where Lucas was likely headed. That said, he also played extremely intelligently by using Resistance Tactics to nullify a battle and then Isomag Disintegrator to reset his draw deck after he lost two of his ships and lots of his people. He kept applying pressure, and once he had a second mission completed I knew I was boned.
Crossover question

I was literally just typing up this question all[…]

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0