This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
The decision to not give it errata was actually a deliberate Design choice to attenuate the power of time location-based decks to use Risk Is Our Business and the other 23rd-century cards.

I do see the story-based argument for making the erratum.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Moved post to Gameplay forum as it's more appropriate here.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Boffo moved my topic already. I'm sorry this topic is as much design topic as gameplay topic.

You hit it on the head BCS there. They are forcing people to play with those cards only. I'm sorry I have tried finial frontier and five year mission. I had to jump through hoops in my deck. I went back to the time location because I actually have freedom to build a deck for me not what CC wants me to make only. Final frontier really messes over Arnie darvin too. I like my decks to be my decks. I don't like playing basically the same deck as other people. It is boring to me.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing it get the 23rd century lore, or alternatively I wouldn't mind seeing another version of the mission with the 23rd century lore from the get go

--@Discovery

The forum it was in was for deck design, not card design
 -  
Community Contributor
Please let's stop arguing about which forum it belongs in. Mods have acted. No point bickering about it now.
Discovery suxs wrote:I'm sorry I have tried finial frontier and five year mission. I had to jump through hoops in my deck. I went back to the time location because I actually have freedom to build a deck for me not what CC wants me to make only. Final frontier really messes over Arnie darvin too. I like my decks to be my decks.
And that's extremely fine. Final Frontier is not supposed to be better than or supplant Sherman's Peak. It's supposed to be different from Sherman's Peak, leaving it to players to choose what style of deck they prefer. There are definitely some who like the simplicity of Final Frontier and others who want the freedom of Sherman's Peak.

If either card becomes completely dominant, then Final Frontier failed in its goals. They should both be options for different kinds of players.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
It was not intended in the argumentative sense it was meant to help clarify the forum's purposes as I could easily see mistaking deck design for a more broad spectrum design board

By Spectre9
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I understand that it's impractical to errata every old card that might work with 23rd.

I'm sure in the future if the power level of TOS ends up to be low new tools can be added to their kit. We still don't even know what the rest of the block has in store so too early to call out what is and isn't there.

Could be a new version of Sherman's Planet for all we know :P

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:Please let's stop arguing about which forum it belongs in. Mods have acted. No point bickering about it now.
You know how many pages the "dialouge" threads are? ;)

On topic, if Sherman's Peak were to get Errata, can we also change the "download deep space station k-7" to "download deep space station K-7 from outside the game"?
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
prylardurden wrote: On topic, if Sherman's Peak were to get Errata, can we also change the "download deep space station k-7" to "download deep space station K-7 from outside the game"?
Why? There's no reason it can't be in the deck.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
prylardurden wrote: On topic, if Sherman's Peak were to get Errata, can we also change the "download deep space station k-7" to "download deep space station K-7 from outside the game"?
Why? There's no reason it can't be in the deck.
I assume he wants to do some weird borg nonsense
 -  
Community Contributor
prylardurden wrote:On topic, if Sherman's Peak were to get Errata, can we also change the "download deep space station k-7" to "download deep space station K-7 from outside the game"?
Rules is becoming less tolerant of "outside the game" except where clearly necessary to make something critical legal -- basically, Montana Missile Complex should have it and very little (if anything) else should.

The reason is that "outside the game" creates rules and format issues that are becoming increasingly visible as the number of "outside the game"-related cards has exploded in the past five years. (Decipher made 3 in all the time Decipher existed; we made 2 in Cold Front alone.)

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:
prylardurden wrote:On topic, if Sherman's Peak were to get Errata, can we also change the "download deep space station k-7" to "download deep space station K-7 from outside the game"?
Rules is becoming less tolerant of "outside the game" except where clearly necessary to make something critical legal -- basically, Montana Missile Complex should have it and very little (if anything) else should.

The reason is that "outside the game" creates rules and format issues that are becoming increasingly visible as the number of "outside the game"-related cards has exploded in the past five years. (Decipher made 3 in all the time Decipher existed; we made 2 in Cold Front alone.)
Vintaak Drydock Station seems like another situation where it would be relevant potentially...after all, why can't the Borg go back and claim the Starship Defiant as their own?

I don't really understand the rationale for using outside the game on Bluegill Infestation or Holographic Camouflage though. Would it be to keep you from having a really short stacked draw deck to start the game or something? And I really don't get its use onTemporal Benefactor, but maybe I should be looking forward to the day I can use Dukat of Borg as my benefactor.

By Orbin (James Monsebroten)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Not_always_but_often wrote:And I really don't get its use onTemporal Benefactor, but maybe I should be looking forward to the day I can use Dukat of Borg as my benefactor.
Try this the other way around. Benfactor=Tomalak (Homefront III) in a [Bor] deck that uses Tomalak of Borg :)

Tomalak of Borg is [1E-AU] and mentions Tomalak in lore but is not a persona of Tomalak so you get his skills. This works for the other [1E-AU] [Bor] counterparts as well.

- James M

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.