This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By ias
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Hello everyone,

Time for me to step out of the shadows: although I've registered on the site ages ago, I never posted until now. I created a profile to create decklists and read all about the rules, but since it's 1E, and I've been away from the game for a while, the learning curve was too high and I subsequently stopped.

A little about myself: I started collecting the game with my little brother way back in '95, but never got beyond FC because cards were hard to come by where I live (New Bajor, btw). Then, about three years ago, I found a boatload of cards via a marketplace website, and started collecting again. Excluding the last two 1E expansions, I have a fair bunch, and am collecting to this day (which is, truth be told, getting more expensive by the minute). :wink:

I only started playing the game when SudenKapala sent me a message, and since we live relatively close nearby (only one country away, but in Europe that's considered close), he's been teaching me the game. Traditional rules, real cards only, and I'm doing pretty well (if I say so myself), even winning from time to time.

I've created a couple of decks, with a lot of flaws (and, as my profile pic suggests, artifacts), with my favourites being a Non-Aligned and TMP deck.

And that's it! I'd be happy to hear from you if you've got any tips on gameplay and advice for a rookie player!
Ambassador
By rsutton41 (Ryan Sutton)
 - Ambassador
 -  
  Trek Masters  Participant 2024
Hi!
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Welcome! We’re glad you’re here.

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor

Hello There!
If you're a new player or revisiting the game, might I suggest the Online League and The Dojo's Discord Channel?

We're at about 150 players currently from all around the world and The Discord/The Online League is full of returning and/or new players just like yourself. We got a bunch of guys who can walk you through either first & second editions, or Tribbles and specifically Lackey.

...and if you aren't interested in playing yet - atleast come say hi and make some new chums. We talk about everything and can answer any questions you may have especially when the message boards around here seem lifeless and cold!

*Use this link here to sign up!
*Use this link here to log into your account once signed up!
*Don't forget to download the mobile app!

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Welcome aboard!
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Fleet Admiral
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Welcome! Let us know how we can get you plugged in to the community. :cheersL:

By scox (Johan Skoglund)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
ias wrote:Hello everyone,

Time for me to step out of the shadows: although I've registered on the site ages ago, I never posted until now. I created a profile to create decklists and read all about the rules, but since it's 1E, and I've been away from the game for a while, the learning curve was too high and I subsequently stopped.

A little about myself: I started collecting the game with my little brother way back in '95, but never got beyond FC because cards were hard to come by where I live (New Bajor, btw). Then, about three years ago, I found a boatload of cards via a marketplace website, and started collecting again. Excluding the last two 1E expansions, I have a fair bunch, and am collecting to this day (which is, truth be told, getting more expensive by the minute). :wink:

I only started playing the game when SudenKapala sent me a message, and since we live relatively close nearby (only one country away, but in Europe that's considered close), he's been teaching me the game. Traditional rules, real cards only, and I'm doing pretty well (if I say so myself), even winning from time to time.

I've created a couple of decks, with a lot of flaws (and, as my profile pic suggests, artifacts), with my favourites being a Non-Aligned and TMP deck.

And that's it! I'd be happy to hear from you if you've got any tips on gameplay and advice for a rookie player!
Welcome! Considering you're on continental Europe, might even be possible to meet up and play at some point. :) Maybe Vienna in August? ;)

By ias
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Thanks all, feeling welcome!
scox wrote: Welcome! Considering you're on continental Europe, might even be possible to meet up and play at some point. :) Maybe Vienna in August? ;)
Thanks, but I'm nowhere near good enough for that yet! :)

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
[Art] ias! :cheersR:

You made the leap from deck builder to the forum, as well. Great. :thumbsup:
and I'm doing pretty well (if I say so myself), even winning from time to time.
And even then, you're being too modest. I've had to upgrade my decks every step of the way to be able to keep up with yours. Granted, for now that still has a lot to do with your card pool -- which is more extensive than mine -- but it's easy to see from your learning curve that soon, I'll be in trouble also regarding gameplay.

Watch out for this Bolian character, folks.
and since we live relatively close nearby (only one country away, but in Europe that's considered close)
Thank "God" for our short distances. (So -- what does he need with a starship?) 8)
ias wrote:I only started playing the game when SudenKapala sent me a message,
Aside from visiting that Soviet submarine, that was the most fun decision I made in the past year.

PS: Sorry for the late reply. I'm still preoccupied with Real Life ( :x ). This might be one of those weeks where I can't find my way to forum. :shifty:

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
ias wrote:Hello everyone,
ias wrote:Time for me to step out of the shadows: although I've registered on the site ages ago, I never posted until now.
You will regret this decision.
NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]