This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
The current schoolroom site is not good enough to be playable in the game. It requires a lot of setup and little reward for it.

I personally think they should add once per turn a youth may report for free if teacher or professor present.

Second part instead of having to stack your deck with only those skills listed on the site. It would be nice if it was any regular skill except a afflication related skill like section 31.

These would not be overpowered in the current game. Since you can't mix and match skills for your youth. I don't see how having 20 anthology is overpowered in the game. It would just be overkill to me.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Professor Scott wrote:Schoolroom
Yes, Master. That'll "teach" him not to use links...

(Haha! 8) Kidding, Disco... :wink: :P :thumbsup: This was too obvious not to say... :lol: )

Not sure about your suggestion. Actually never used Schoolroom yet. Its implications might be pretty big, as-is... if I develop an opinion, I'll come back.

By Spectre9
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Nor sites overall are bad because you can only ever really pick 4.

You have to have ops and somewhere to dock a ship.

This card doesn't seem too horrible compared to most. But I mean why throw a card away when you can just report them and use the skill if that's the skill you need haha

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Spectre9 wrote:Nor sites overall are bad because you can only ever really pick 4.

This card doesn't seem too horrible compared to most. But I mean why throw a card away when you can just report them and use the skill if that's the skill you need haha
If you "throw it away" each youth gets Exobiology so if you have 5 Youth you have 5 Exobiology . If you just played the Exobiology you would have 1 Exobiology. And it's youth in play, not just youth at the schoolroom.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Professor Scott wrote:
Spectre9 wrote:Nor sites overall are bad because you can only ever really pick 4.

If you "throw it away" each youth gets Exobiology so if you have 5 Youth you have 5 Exobiology . If you just played the Exobiology you would have 1 Exobiology. And it's youth in play, not just youth at the schoolroom.
Which means we shouldn't think of Schoolroom as a play engine, but a skill engine.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I think a high-youth deck could maybe do something with it. If you're playing a skill drain deck I can just give all my youth that skill and power though...

The right push though and it could be a very flexible deck. Maybe a couple cards sprinkled here and there in the next few set could make it viable without folks even noticing...
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Iron Prime wrote:I think a high-youth deck could maybe do something with it. If you're playing a skill drain deck I can just give all my youth that skill and power though...

The right push though and it could be a very flexible deck. Maybe a couple cards sprinkled here and there in the next few set could make it viable without folks even noticing...
I'd be curious to know if we're already there, being Training Cruise is a free-report for cadets, who except for two (Saavik and Foster) all have Youth...

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
If not we gotta be close. Just need the right person to break it in for us... :shifty:

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Kamala could fit nicely into Schoolroom deck assuming it's not a [1E-DS9] deck.

She can gain Youth when reporting and she is a good pitch card as she has both Archaeology and Anthropology.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:Its implications might be pretty big, as-is...
AllenGould wrote:we shouldn't think of Schoolroom as a play engine, but a skill engine.
Iron Prime wrote:right push though and it could be a very flexible deck. Maybe a couple cards sprinkled here and there in the next few set could make it viable without folks even noticing...
AllenGould wrote:be curious to know if we're already there, ...
Yep, I think we're on to something... :wink:

I wasn't at all sure. But I did, really, suspect that a discussion along "exactly these lines" would develop. 8)

I love to be right sometimes. And man, do I love this game, site, and community.
:cheersL:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  

You don't always need ops

I just made a cooks and hq deck with ds9 in it.

Klingon and federation cover a good amount of cooks. The enterprise cook is universal too.

So I used docking pylons, Klingon restaurant, cargo bay, quarks bar, docking ports, and guest quarters. Ops is pointless for my deck. I can't attempt the ds9 mission but Klingon and federation was best thing for cooks. I threw in hqs to round out the deck.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:

You don't always need ops

I just made a cooks and hq deck with ds9 in it.

Klingon and federation cover a good amount of cooks. The enterprise cook is universal too.

So I used docking pylons, Klingon restaurant, cargo bay, quark\'s bar, docking ports, and guest quarters. Ops is pointless for my deck. I can't attempt the ds9 mission but Klingon and federation was best thing for cooks. I threw in hqs to round out the deck.
(I added the links for my own benefit, in this case.)

So, you don't need or want to download additions to your kitchen staff? 8) because that's what Ops is for, mainly -- for the other sites like Science Lab. (And reporting Officers by itself.) But although not many people would, you could do without it, yes. You get a number of downloads already with this setup -- just not ALL personnel.
Is Sedis a captain?

P'Jem Sanctuary can also DL Sopek .

Virtual Promos 2E

What is the status of promos 0 VP 353, 0 VP 354, a[…]

Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]