This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Enabran wrote:
StateofSTCCG wrote:OTF needs a card limit.
No, do not do that
I'm with Enabran.
Last edited by sexecutioner on Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
starfleetsfinest wrote:
StateofSTCCG wrote:The game doesn't need a beaming limit. OTF needs a card limit.
:thumbsup:
Nope. How many strategies have been designed around repeated card use? From Handshake to Kivas Fajo! What about the Borg? Their decks are reliant on early Queen access - A card limit doesn't work for Trek.
StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
KazonPADD wrote:
starfleetsfinest wrote:
StateofSTCCG wrote:The game doesn't need a beaming limit. OTF needs a card limit.
:thumbsup:
Nope. How many strategies have been designed around repeated card use? From Handshake to Kivas Fajo! What about the Borg? Their decks are reliant on early Queen access - A card limit doesn't work for Trek.
I don't believe any deck should have to rely on have 20 + Borg Queen's or 20+ BTP in any kind of deck. This isn't open format. :twocents:
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
My KCA deck uses 7 copies of Korvek. Is that an issue too?

No, it isn't open, it's OTF. OTF stands for Original Terrific Fun. Why are you trying to limit the decks we can use and the fun we can have???
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
The lack of a card limit is one of the things that makes 1E so unique among CCGs. Yes, it makes designing cards, especially interrupts, an order of magnitude harder.

But, if a card is a problem because it gets spammed, the problem is pretty much that card, not the general rule. The fact that people only even complain about a small handful of spammable cards demonstrates this.
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Surely if a limit was going to be a thing you'd go with the Revised rule, since almost all of them have been incorporated in to OTF already, and just limit Verbs(or was it just Interrupts even?).
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote:The lack of a card limit is one of the things that makes 1E so unique among CCGs. Yes, it makes designing cards, especially interrupts, an order of magnitude harder.

But, if a card is a problem because it gets spammed, the problem is pretty much that card, not the general rule. The fact that people only even complain about a small handful of spammable cards demonstrates this.
The real bugger is the handful of cards that Decipher straight up designed to be used 4+. RBMs, Tents, Flashes...

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
you cant add a card limit, so many cards dont work if you limit the numbers. even back in premiere there were rogue borgs.

speaking of which, at what point are we going to finaly bring them back? just add some text: "when played, you cannot play personnel this turn or next turn." then people have to commit to it as an actual strategy instead of using it as a way to cheaply stop there opponents each turn with 1 rogue borg spam.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Discovery rox wrote:you cant add a card limit, so many cards dont work if you limit the numbers. even back in premiere there were rogue borgs.

speaking of which, at what point are we going to finaly bring them back? just add some text: "when played, you cannot play personnel this turn or next turn." then people have to commit to it as an actual strategy instead of using it as a way to cheaply stop there opponents each turn with 1 rogue borg spam.
I'm ok with never.

Rogue Borg ping was never the issue. Rogue Borg Slaughter was the most unfun thing to play against.

I remember skipping a major Trek event at Origins in 2001 to play Lord of the Rings because I didn't want to deal with RBM slaughter.

You want Rogue Borg? Play Followers of the One. You slaughter me with that tech you'll have earned it and I'll gladly shake your hand, say Good Game, and take the L.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
The biggest problem with a beaming limit. It would make alot of cards pointless in the game. pattern enchaners it is a [DL] for Robinson too. There are so many cards that stop or limit beaming in the game. There are also cards that counter those cards.

If there was a otf beaming limit rule. CC might as well ban all those cards like they did for the other otf rules.

If there was a beaming limit it would make alot of dilemma combos worse and better in the game. A already super powerful dilemma God would hit more than now. The dilemma that kills half your crew rounded up would be worse than now. The dilemma that kills half your universial personal would be worse than now. V'ger would hit more often too.

So basically a beaming limit would break the game in alot of ways.
 -  
Community Contributor
Armus wrote: Rogue Borg ping was never the issue. Rogue Borg Slaughter was the most unfun thing to play against.
Really? I'd always heard it the other way - that ping was the brutal part.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
another way to limit rogue borgs is to make one in each group die every turn. so you have to keep feeding your beast if you want it to stick around, otherwise it dissipates and your opponent cant be locked down forever.

also since borgs give points when you kill them maybe rogue borgs should also be worth a small amount of points to kill. so your opponent gets a consoloation prize for dealing with your rogue borgs.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Anybody think of a reason why we cant have an interrupt rule where you can only play 1 copy of an interrupt in a turn?
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation