This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
Discovery suxs wrote:Breen or if that is a species then non alinged actually.

Since don't have alot of stuff for them. War council is basically half a deck.

Or if the set is going to be delta focused. Voyager romulans and klingons are next to nothing in the game except personnel in the game.

Anything but [Vid] they don't need more help to be cannibals.
Ever try War Council + Attention All Hands + Followers of the One or Mercenary Raiders?

If you can't build a deck with 3 free reports per turn, I don't know what to tell you.

It may not win Worlds, but it's at least both playable and competitive.
First aah runs out. So can't really call it a awesome freeplay engine. 5 or 6 freeplays is worth 1 seed slot.

3 cards you mentioned were tng only cards. There are better war council freeplays in ds9 than tng.

I do have stone of gol deck and a borg/ andriod with dr soong deck.

I honestly agree with Charlie from his office hours. Ds9 should of had a attention all hands card. It would of made ds9 decks so much faster.

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
Discovery suxs wrote:
Armus wrote:
Discovery suxs wrote: I do have stone of gol deck and a borg/ andriod with dr soong deck.
That is interesting. You mention in nearly every 2. post, that you have this and that deck but I cannot see a single decklist from you.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Discovery suxs wrote:
Armus wrote:
Discovery suxs wrote:Breen or if that is a species then non alinged actually.

Since don't have alot of stuff for them. War council is basically half a deck.

Or if the set is going to be delta focused. Voyager romulans and klingons are next to nothing in the game except personnel in the game.

Anything but [Vid] they don't need more help to be cannibals.
Ever try War Council + Attention All Hands + Followers of the One or Mercenary Raiders?

If you can't build a deck with 3 free reports per turn, I don't know what to tell you.

It may not win Worlds, but it's at least both playable and competitive.
First aah runs out. So can't really call it a awesome freeplay engine. 5 or 6 freeplays is worth 1 seed slot.

3 cards you mentioned were tng only cards. There are better war council freeplays in ds9 than tng.

I do have stone of gol deck and a borg/ andriod with dr soong deck.

I honestly agree with Charlie from his office hours. Ds9 should of had a attention all hands card. It would of made ds9 decks so much faster.
So there's ten ❖ [1E-TNG] [NA] personnel personnel who can only report for free with AAH.

There's another four ❖ [1E-TNG] [NA] that can report for free with AAH or Followers of the One, and there's three ❖ [1E-TNG] [NA] personnel that can report for free with AAH or Mercenary Raiders.

So you have 17 total people that can play for free with AAH, and at least ten that you probably WILL play with AAH even if you use your [WC] card to report the eligible ones for free with it. I don't think you're going to run out of AAH free plays before even a long version of the modern game ends (10-12 turns on the high end).

As to your point about DS9 - That's a much stronger argument. The only nonaligned [RC] card is Nano-Biogenic Disarmament and it's designed to be a side strategy, not a main strategy. And since you can't have a facility at T'Lani III then you can't even have NBD + War Council free plays at the same location. So yeah it's not great.

There's enough [1E-DS9] [NA] scumbags that a [RC] card that does for [1E-DS9] [NA] what Smugglers' Rendezvous and Tellarite Trading Post did for [22] [NA] would probably be a fun addition to the game.

Not sure how soon it will happen though, if ever.
Last edited by Armus on Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Why I don't post my decks reasons

I was asked why don't use post your decks basically in another topic. So just in case other people want to know it too. My reasons are below and hope you understand it.

1. I'm on a phone
2. I have 40 + decks
3. I build decks how I want to build them. I'm not looking for people to trash them or feedback on them. I don't personally like playing only with best personnel in every deck.
4. My draw decks are 90+ cards
5. I find playing with the same 20 dilemmas in every deck to be boring and lazy like in tournaments.
6. If I did post a deck. It would be in text only. I would not use deckbuilder for them. I'm not clicking on the same card 7 or 8 times. When I can type 7x hit card1 .
7. I don't host my decks
8. I'm a collector of decks not cards. So once I'm done with my collection. I'm done until a new set comes out.
9. I have stated many times I don't like to defend myself. So posting my decks would be asking for it.
10. My group has more fair play house rules. For example deck breaking cards like revolving door and messing with treaties are not played at all.
11. I don't use ref cards
Last edited by Discovery suxs on Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
[Vid]

[Obj] Fight Pandemic

Seeds on table. Download Organ theft and Graft Harvested organs. When you place organ theft in your point area, randomly select an opponents personnel present with your [Vid] to place on your Graft Harvested organs then you may discard a vidiian harvester from in play to repeat that effect.

[Inc] Graft Harvested Organs

Seeds or plays on table. When you discard an opponents personnel with organ theft, you may place them on this incident instead. Once each turn, you may replace any number of your vidiians in play with an equal number of personnel from this incident. Those personnel are now under your command, become [Vid] and gain " [DL] Deadlock".

[Evt] Deadlock

Plays on table. When your vidiian boarding claw is discarded, you may discard a card from hand to shuffle it into your deck. While this event is in play, the special download on your vidiian cruiser is considered unused.

Boom. Vidiians are interesting with their own assimilation like mechanic. You're welcome.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hoss-Drone wrote:[Vid]

[Obj] Fight Pandemic

Seeds on table. Download Organ theft and Graft Harvested organs. When you place organ theft in your point area, randomly select an opponents personnel present with your [Vid] to place on your Graft Harvested organs then you may discard a vidiian harvester from in play to repeat that effect.

Seeds or plays on table. When you discard an opponents personnel with organ theft, you may place them on this incident instead. Once each turn, you may replace any number of your vidiians in play with an equal number of personnel from this incident. Those personnel are now under your command, become [Vid] and gain " [DL] Deadlock".

[Evt] Deadlock

Plays on table. When your vidiian boarding claw is discarded, you may discard a card from hand to shuffle it into your deck. While this event is in play, the special download on your vidiian cruiser is considered unused.

Boom. Vidiians are interesting with their own assimilation like mechanic. You're welcome.
If all this happens then ban boarding claw. It is already in a grey area. Boarding claw with your ideas makes it far more powerful than the eel, power of the high command, memory wipe, and the other banned cards. It is why cc takes time to test cards. Unlike wizards of the coast actually. They let us do the testing then kill the value of cards by banning them. I'm talking playable and money value too.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Discovery suxs wrote:

[Obj] Fight Pandemic

[Evt] Deadlock

If all this happens then ban boarding claw. It is already in a grey area. Boarding claw with your ideas makes it far more powerful than the eel, power of the high command, memory wipe, and the other banned cards. It is why cc takes time to test cards. Unlike wizards of the coast actually. They let us do the testing then kill the value of cards by banning them. I'm talking playable and money value too.
I love how you totally contradict yourself here. "Ban it! Boy im sure glad we test things before we issue bans. "

:?

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:

[Obj] Fight Pandemic

[Evt] Deadlock

These are merely brainstorms on how to improve Vidiians. He doesn't literally mean the cards should be printed right now as written. You can't improve an affiliation if you don't start somewhere.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Takket wrote:
Discovery suxs wrote:

[Obj] Fight Pandemic

[Evt] Deadlock

These are merely brainstorms on how to improve Vidiians. He doesn't literally mean the cards should be printed right now as written. You can't improve an affiliation if you don't start somewhere.

You kind of missed the point.

We don't need no stinky vidiians in the game. I hated them in the show and I refuse to play them in the game. The director hates borg. I understand the borg actually. I may not agree with them but I understand them. Vidiians were people who were going to die doing anything possible to stay alive. Just let go it is over. They had no purpose in life but to stay alive. There lives would of been better spent trying to make there last days doing something postive with there lives. So no cannibals don't need any help in my opinion.
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Discovery suxs wrote:
Takket wrote:
Discovery suxs wrote: If all this happens then ban boarding claw. It is already in a grey area. Boarding claw with your ideas makes it far more powerful than the eel, power of the high command, memory wipe, and the other banned cards. It is why cc takes time to test cards. Unlike wizards of the coast actually. They let us do the testing then kill the value of cards by banning them. I'm talking playable and money value too.

You kind of missed the point.

We don't need no stinky vidiians in the game. I hated them in the show and I refuse to play them in the game. The director hates borg. I understand the borg actually. I may not agree with them but I understand them. Vidiians were people who were going to die doing anything possible to stay alive. Just let go it is over. They had no purpose in life but to stay alive. There lives would of been better spent trying to make there last days doing something postive with there lives. So no cannibals don't need any help in my opinion.
So when you were talking about gameplay, Boarding Claw being better than eels, etc. you weren't actually talking about gameplay? Just you don't like that part of the show so don't do anything with it?
Reasonable yet again Disco Sux.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
thread is titled which affiliation needs a booster set. but first post asks which affiliation we would like to see get it, and why.

those are two very different questions. i think its clear some people are answering one question and some people are answering the other question.

also not a lot of explanations for why.

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]