This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Joelin02
 -  
back when premier started, missions could be completed with a single skill like stellar cartography, geology or physics, archeology. yes they were worth fewer points..but even the 35 point missions back then typically just required two skklls such as survey mission, investigate raid and fever emergency

now looking at The Cage, no 35 point missions can be completed on two skills

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Actually some are just flat out easier.

transfer vaccines is the easiest mission in the game to me anyway.

Stellar cartography is actually pretty hard. Just like exobology. You will find some decks just don't have alot of those skills.

hunt for dna is alot of points. It is normally pretty hard. Tos current klingons have it in spades. kered is simply awesome.

peagus search is normally hard but I can get it in every deck easy.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Joelin02 wrote:back when premier started, missions could be completed with a single skill like stellar cartography, geology or physics, archeology. yes they were worth fewer points..but even the 35 point missions back then typically just required two skklls such as survey mission, investigate raid and fever emergency
Mission requirements did go up after Premiere, because Premiere missions (frankly) weren't very well-balanced. That's fair: it was a brand-new game, and players did not end up playing it the way that designers expected them to.

By the time DS9 came out, missions were much closer to the basic framework we have today. (See them here.) In fact, I think the DS9 missions are a bit harder than we would allow in Design today.

So I agree it has changed, but it changed in the late 90s, long before the CC got ahold of anything.
Transfer Vaccines, like several missions in The Cage, started life as a 25-point mission that could be solved with (I believe) two skills, in order to support the "25-point mission" theme we had in earlier versions of The Cage. When it was bumped up to 30 points, its skills were adjusted upward slightly, but not hugely.

For my money, the strongest "regular" mission in The Cage is Seek Remnants, which also started out as 25 points and got bumped up... but managed to hang on to its extremely attractive low span in the deal.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:
Joelin02 wrote:back when premier started, missions could be completed with a single skill like stellar cartography, geology or physics, archeology. yes they were worth fewer points..but even the 35 point missions back then typically just required two skklls such as survey mission, investigate raid and fever emergency
Mission requirements did go up after Premiere, because Premiere missions (frankly) weren't very well-balanced. That's fair: it was a brand-new game, and players did not end up playing it the way that designers expected them to.

By the time DS9 came out, missions were much closer to the basic framework we have today. (See them here.) In fact, I think the DS9 missions are a bit harder than we would allow in Design today.

So I agree it has changed, but it changed in the late 90s, long before the CC got ahold of anything.
Transfer Vaccines, like several missions in The Cage, started life as a 25-point mission that could be solved with (I believe) two skills, in order to support the "25-point mission" theme we had in earlier versions of The Cage. When it was bumped up to 30 points, its skills were adjusted upward slightly, but not hugely.

For my money, the strongest "regular" mission in The Cage is Seek Remnants, which also started out as 25 points and got bumped up... but managed to hang on to its extremely attractive low span in the deal.
Seek remnants is easy one too. Definitely made the cage missions reflect tos weakness in some ways. Diplomacy is not big with them. It is better now. It still not one of there easiest skills among them. Mirror tos has only 1 diplomacy and 1 leadership. I was hoping the cage would have some mirror personnel in it. Oh well I did get a tos federation, tos Klingon /federation and tos federation /romulan out of the set. So not bad I guess.
Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a […]

@Brad are you Brad Snyder?

That is intended. A cure dilemma ALWAYS has its ef[…]

Capturing Related

Thank you for the explanation. It's speculative, b[…]