This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Delta quadrant needs more help than any other quadrant. My 2 ideas are look to the past. Don't unerrata cards or unban cards. The cc should make delta like tng block. They should create HQs and engine cards for theme decks. If they did that it would help delta become a reasonable contender again. Delta has never recovered from the erratas and bans from years ago.

My number one problem with the errata team is they only take away from cards without giving anything back in return to the card. Delta quadrant has been left in the cold because of this way of thinking by the errata team.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The way you put it now, it seems to be criticizing a part of the development team that has probably (as an amorphous unit), been working on the game for decades. They must have reasons for that. (Right?) If I had novel/creative/innovative ideas like yours (which I don't often, but when I do...), I'd first start asking questions. (That's more of a suggestion to you, than a statement about me. :P )

So -- why not ask about it, rather than risk insulting the proud, voluntary efforts of the erratists (and incurring their wrath 8) )?

Disco's right of course, that in the Traditional Open environment with 'Vintage' (Decipher-era) errata and rules, [1E-DQ] was a lot stronger than it was suppeosed to be, balance-wise. Now, he claims it is the other way around (and I assume he's right).
Can anybody shed light on why this was done?
Was this a conscious choice, and can/will it be remedied?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Delta is playable even in high-level events. The only ones far behind are Vidiians, the others are doing just fine. And they got good cards: Homestead, the Kyrean Museum etc. Except for Vidiians they are perfectly fine.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Caretaker's Guest wrote:Delta is playable even in high-level events. The only ones far behind are Vidiians, the others are doing just fine. And they got good cards: Homestead, the Kyrean Museum etc. Except for Vidiians they are perfectly fine.
delta is not fine. When every deck is the same as high events. They are not fine in my opinion.

federation
you have to use the shuttles and time location

kazon

you have to use leader of the sect, kazon collective, array

vidiians

very similar playbook as kazon

klingons

home away from home and array. which works out to be terrible

voyager romulans are hard to put into any deck with the current standard of gameplay.

I'm sorry but I DON'T SEE THAT AS EQUAL TO OTHER QUADRANTS.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:The way you put it now, it seems to be criticizing a part of the development team that has probably (as an amorphous unit), been working on the game for decades. They must have reasons for that. (Right?) If I had novel/creative/innovative ideas like yours (which I don't often, but when I do...), I'd first start asking questions. (That's more of a suggestion to you, than a statement about me. :P )

So -- why not ask about it, rather than risk insulting the proud, voluntary efforts of the erratists (and incurring their wrath 8) )?

Disco's right of course, that in the Traditional Open environment with 'Vintage' (Decipher-era) errata and rules, [1E-DQ] was a lot stronger than it was suppeosed to be, balance-wise. Now, he claims it is the other way around (and I assume he's right).
Can anybody shed light on why this was done?
Was this a conscious choice, and can/will it be remedied?
I have hated all the erratas for such a long time. So me dissing them is nothing new honestly. The errata team looks at cards to me as how can we do something about this card. They don't look at it like how can we make the card still playable and mostly as good as before too.

wizards of the coast errata

all creatures power 2 or less are unlockable for 2 colorless mana

errata

it cost 3 colorless mana.

yes it was worse but still fully playable

cc errata team errata

holo-projectors

holograms can exist on all your ships and away teams. immune to kevin upbrixge

errata

place on planet holograms can exist there.

it is not event in the same ballpark.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:
Caretaker's Guest wrote:Delta is playable even in high-level events. The only ones far behind are Vidiians, the others are doing just fine. And they got good cards: Homestead, the Kyrean Museum etc. Except for Vidiians they are perfectly fine.
delta is not fine. When every deck is the same as high events. They are not fine in my opinion.

federation
you have to use the shuttles and time location

kazon

you have to use leader of the sect, kazon collective, array

vidiians

very similar playbook as kazon

klingons

home away from home and array. which works out to be terrible

voyager romulans are hard to put into any deck with the current standard of gameplay.

I'm sorry but I DON'T SEE THAT AS EQUAL TO OTHER QUADRANTS.
Just a note; helping Delta Quadrants species will not help the Voyager logo Romulans at all, they are not Delta Quadrant personnel. Another method would need to be found if needed. The fact is some decks can function fine without focusing on property logos.

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:I have hated all the erratas for such a long time.

This is interesting considering that you have suggested errata on various cards in about 20 different posts. So for hating errata so much, it seems strange that you want so many cards errata'd.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
Not all quadrants are created equal

Delta spent years at the top of the food chain and still has some of the best decks out there. Mirror has only just been brought up to par.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:I have hated all the erratas for such a long time. So me dissing them is nothing new honestly.
True. I know. I just think the way you address it, could use some "downtuning"; and --
The errata team looks at cards to me as how can we do something about this card.
-- I think the question "why" and "how" here, are appropriate to ask said Errata Team first.
cc errata team errata

holo-projectors

errata

Q: Why? (Important question!)
A: Holograms were too powerful against dilemmas...? I think? (But THB it does vex me that the Uxbridge immunity is gone. Thus far, I'm not of a mind to Rishon it on every planet.)
KazonPADD wrote:Not all quadrants are created equal

Delta spent years at the top of the food chain
and still has some of the best decks out there. Mirror has only just been brought up to par
Exactly the point I was trying to make, but Padd adds additional -- important -- info.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Holoprojectors was decipher eratta. The current text appeared on the copy included with Holodeck Adventures
Last edited by winterflames on Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:cc errata team errata

holo-projectors

errata

it is not event in the same ballpark.
Yeah, this one you can't pin on the CC. This was a Decipher errata.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
JeBuS wrote:Yeah, this one you can't pin on the CC. This was a Decipher errata.
And while OG Holo-Projectors were pretty darn good (and I'll miss my old Fek'lhr Assault deck), I suspect the errata was more about carving room to justify the Mobile Holo-Emitter than any particular power problem.

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
Stop crying and wait for the Voyager Block.
Focus on other decks for the meantime.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Enabran wrote:Stop crying and wait for the Voyager Block.
As it stands right now, there is no such thing as a Voyager block. Nothing has been decided after the movie block, which won't even be done until at least the end of 2020.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Slayer07 wrote:
Enabran wrote:Stop crying and wait for the Voyager Block.
As it stands right now, there is no such thing as a Voyager block. Nothing has been decided after the movie block, which won't even be done until at least the end of 2020.
You don't need an entire block to get some goodies, if folks have an inkling on what they want. Sneaking a Treaty into a set shouldn't be a huge ordeal, for instance.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]