This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By eifer
 -  
I recently got some voyager cards, and I realized that there are special rules for quadrants. How does this work if one player is purely TNG, and another is purely VOY? Won't it be like they're playing separate games, since in most cases ships won't be able to travel from one quadrant to another? The main interaction between the players then being dilemmas, interrupts and events.

Is that correct or am I missing something?

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
eifer wrote:I recently got some voyager cards, and I realized that there are special rules for quadrants. How does this work if one player is purely TNG, and another is purely VOY? Won't it be like they're playing separate games, since in most cases ships won't be able to travel from one quadrant to another? The main interaction between the players then being dilemmas, interrupts and events.

Is that correct or am I missing something?
you are correct but different quadrants doesn't mean you have to play solitaire, and a good interactive deck is going to have a means to quadrant hop to go after a hiding opponent. Also under OTF rules you need 140 points to win UNLESS you complete at least one alpha quadrant mission, in which case you only need 100 points. The reason that rule was made was precisely to prevent people just hiding in other quadrants.

if you want to quadrant hop check out........
Barzan Wormhole
Wormhole
Caretaker's Array
Homestead <--- forget the 140 point rule!
Set a Course for Home <-- get your Voyager to Earth without wormholes so you can solve that alpha mission you need.

lots of other one-off ways to move around but those are some of the heavy hitters
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Operate Wormhole Relays is often overlooked in this department. And Quantum Slipstream Drive is a go-to for ship-based interference decks. Oh, and don't forget my personal favorites, Aftermath II and Excavation II!

Also, in Warp Speed, quadrants are just ignored. I could imagine certain environments (like "I'm playing with a casual friend at home and we don't have all this fancy tech") where you might just make a house rule that either quadrants don't matter, or you can move from the end of one spaceline to the end of the other by using your 6 RANGE, or something like that.

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:Operate Wormhole Relays is often overlooked in this department.
That's probably because no one can remember what it does after such a major overhaul. It's potentially useful now though vs the binder fodder it turned into after the Wormhole errata.

Also, I am unclear about this but if you are moving through Bajoran Wormhole the destination location is the other side of the wormhole, right, so you need to use two movement to get there?
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
geraldkw wrote:Also, I am unclear about this but if you are moving through Bajoran Wormhole the destination location is the other side of the wormhole, right, so you need to use two movement to get there?
Yep. That would ordinarily be a zero-span move, so it adds a small cost, but not getting stopped is a huge benefit.

By eifer
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:Operate Wormhole Relays is often overlooked in this department. And Quantum Slipstream Drive is a go-to for ship-based interference decks. Oh, and don't forget my personal favorites, Aftermath II and Excavation II!

Also, in Warp Speed, quadrants are just ignored. I could imagine certain environments (like "I'm playing with a casual friend at home and we don't have all this fancy tech") where you might just make a house rule that either quadrants don't matter, or you can move from the end of one spaceline to the end of the other by using your 6 RANGE, or something like that.
Isn’t warp speed voyager / delta quadrant only? Is there any reason why they can’t be used with tng cards?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
eifer wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:Operate Wormhole Relays is often overlooked in this department. And Quantum Slipstream Drive is a go-to for ship-based interference decks. Oh, and don't forget my personal favorites, Aftermath II and Excavation II!

Isn’t warp speed voyager / delta quadrant only? Is there any reason why they can’t be used with tng cards?
Not necessarily. It's a format, not a card pool.

The original Warp Speed came from Enhanced Premiere. the Voyager Starter decks were then made to be Warp Speed playable out of the box.

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]