This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote:Any chance we can split the sleeve discussion into its own thread?

-crp
Apparently Charlie wants the AIs... unsleeved. 8)

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
MidnightLich wrote:Any chance we can split the sleeve discussion into its own thread?

-crp
Done. I put the new thread in All Things Trek, since it's just as relevant to 2E and Tribbles as it is 1E.

By Jesseon (Jesse Warburton)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I don't personally have an issue with Turanj's card as is, but I understand why others would. Though it made me think about how it would be fun to be to just put whatever you want in that circle. I'd throw the Ironblood logo from Azur Lane in there or a big dumb smiley face or something.

Not something that would be worth developing for the site, but a funny thought anyway.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Jesseon wrote:Though it made me think about how it would be fun to be to just put whatever you want in that circle.
I'd draw a Swastika made of dicks.

UK players, expect this at some point soon...

Back to what I'd like, rather than whats needed...

I'm changing my answer to Computer Crash
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote:Anything Cardassian-related folks want to see? I'm asking for a friend...
This count?
BCSWowbagger wrote:You know what? That's my vote. The AI I want most is Espionage: Bajoran on Cardassian. There's plenty more Decipher cards where I have a similar situation, but that's the one that most often disappoints me.

By PantsOfTheTalShiar (Jason Tang)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote:Anything Cardassian-related folks want to see? I'm asking for a friend...
This count?
BCSWowbagger wrote:You know what? That's my vote. The AI I want most is Espionage: Bajoran on Cardassian. There's plenty more Decipher cards where I have a similar situation, but that's the one that most often disappoints me.
Cardassian-related folks would probably not want to see an Espionage ON Cardassian. Wait, what was the question?

Dukat already has a fantastic AI. If I had to nominate a Cardassian-related card, I'm sure Art could do something more interesting with Dominion War Efforts (and/or Assign Support Personnel, for that matter). Those are currently the top non-dilemma seeds according to Affiliation HQ.

If you really wanted a noun, you would probably go with Legate Damar, who's the top draw deck card.

Personally, I don't have a huge preference on AIs, but just going through this exercise has made me want a Cardassian/Dominion version of ASP.
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Pants o.t. Tal Shiar wrote:Personally, I don't have a huge preference on AIs, but just going through this exercise has made me want a Cardassian/Dominion version of ASP.
That's a good idea, I'll make that my suggestion too.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Jesseon wrote:I don't personally have an issue with Turanj's card as is, but I understand why others would. Though it made me think about how it would be fun to be to just put whatever you want in that circle. I'd throw the Ironblood logo from Azur Lane in there or a big dumb smiley face or something.
The copy I use at home has a red smiley face sticker over the banner. :wink:

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Personally I value cards that "stay" for AIs - that way I can enjoy them more/longer. So I would say events, ships, etc before Interrupts and (most*) Dilemmas.

My personal wish is to get AIs for Empok Nor in all available colors. If you go to the trouble of commandeering it with your Romulans it would be cool to have it in a lovely shade of green. Did your Ferengi "acquire" this lovely piece of real-estate near scenic Bajor? Here, have a lovely Orange hue to match. Klingons conquered it for the glory for The Empire? Here: Blood red background to declare your honorable victory! :D

:twocents:

*Definitely want to get rid of drop-shadows one way or the other though...

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Iron Prime wrote:Personally I value cards that "stay" for AIs - that way I can enjoy them more/longer. So I would say events, ships, etc before Interrupts and (most*) Dilemmas.

My personal wish is to get AIs for Empok Nor in all available colors. If you go to the trouble of commandeering it with your Romulans it would be cool to have it in a lovely shade of green. Did your Ferengi "acquire" this lovely piece of real-estate near scenic Bajor? Here, have a lovely Orange hue to match. Klingons conquered it for the glory for The Empire? Here: Blood red background to declare your honorable victory! :D

:twocents:

*Definitely want to get rid of drop-shadows one way or the other though...

I would just love to get Empok Nor usable again.

Personally an overlay would be an awesome idea. Don't need to even make it in different colors the card itself but rather give an overlay to commander not only Empok Nor but other stations.

Ah I wish I could throw that idea into a battle set
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]