This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Armus wrote:
Where did this rule come from?

Starship Constitution and Starship Constitution disagree.
Which is why you'll never see a card that cares about those property logos.

The Great Hall is why the [TNG] and [DS9] property logo tricks don't care about your facilities.

It's been years, and I'm on my first cup of coffee, so I know I'm forgetting the nuances - but basically weird things start to happen if copies of a card aren't *actually* copies. And you're right that there's been a lot of flossing on the line here to make the property logo work.

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Armus wrote:
MidnightLich wrote:Unfortunately, we can't do reprints of nouns (personnel, ships, etc.) that change property logo. Once we made those gameplay relevant, we gave up that option. So to get a [1E-DS9] version of a K'vort, it would have to be a new card.
Where did this rule come from?

That seems to reinforce Charlie's answer, not refute it.
Those are clearly not reprints of each other. In addition to different property logos, they also have different icons, different staffing requirements, a different special download, and different attributes. Basically, they're persona. Or, as Charlie said "it would have to be a new card" (which the second one of those is).

So yes, we could absolutely make a universal K'vort with the DS9 property logo. But it wouldn't be an AI reprint, it would be a new card. Just like the TMP Constitution was.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote:
Armus wrote: Where did this rule come from?

It came from when we made property logos matter. I don't remember the exact date, and while I'm not 100%, I believe it was the Rules Team that asked for this policy. The example you cite was done by Decipher. And to be fair, we used to swap property logos on noun reprints. Now we don't. It's too messy.

-crp
The Rules Committee formally requested this policy on (I believe) May 8, 2017 while we were trying to deal with a small cluster of issues relating to HQ: Executive Orders.

That said, the problem we were addressing has existed in some form since September 19, 2001. (Why does Borg Nanoprobes exclude Gravimetric Distortion? Because of an AI with different lore that created different gameplay.) It simply got worse as we started making more parts of the card matter more often.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Let's dig this thread up. I just had an awesome idea.

Omega Directive would be awesome with this simple picture, at the beginning of the episode when Voyager suddenly locked down and all the computer terminals displayed this:

Oh, and maybe an AI of Turanj for reasons that should be quite obvious.

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And just to add to the overall discussion, coming […]

MN 2024 Gatherings

28th it is. 1E Event is up: https://www.trekcc.or[…]