This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
dragoncymru wrote:...and whilst I'm here, different Affiliation versions would be lovely...
Me likey!

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
MidnightLich wrote:
JeBuS wrote:Sort all cards appearing in a deck by most-used. Narrow list to those with drop-shadow or scanned foil image. Start at the top of that list and work down. I'll draft the SQL query if you want. :P
Sure, send me the list. It would be good to have regardless.

But to everyone else, keep posting your picks. No matter why you want to pick it.
Here's a not-quite-perfect list. But it is close enough, without getting too database recursive. It counts the total number of copies used in decks since 2015-01-01.

High Use - Low Quality - Since 2015-01-01

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
One I want: Assign Support Personnel.

One that's needed: Turanj

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Marquetry wrote:Yes!! The old cards may be fuzzy or have the drop-shadow, but let's get a playable version of Turanj! :)
You know me by now, one of my aims is to do a space Nazi deck with Killing Game Hirogen. I'm just thinking about Europeans that might not want to have a swastika on display :p

By admiral-mogh (Jorn Engstrom)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
sexecutioner wrote:
Marquetry wrote:Yes!! The old cards may be fuzzy or have the drop-shadow, but let's get a playable version of Turanj! :)
You know me by now, one of my aims is to do a space Nazi deck with Killing Game Hirogen. I'm just thinking about Europeans that might not want to have a swastika on display :p
Maybe we could do two different versions?
And at the same time we could make an AI of that existing hirogen card, but without the swastika?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
why, does the swastika make people uncomfortable?

it should make people uncomfortable.

we should not strive to hide it. if our modern world is anything to go by then the reminder of that discomfort is sorely needed.

star trek does not exist in a vacuum.

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
From what I remember, it's illegal in Germany to show media with swastikas, so the card is a problem that way as well.
I love DQ and like the Hirogen, but won't use the current version of him.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Marquetry wrote:From what I remember, it's illegal in Germany to show media with swastikas
thats not true, man in the high castle is distributed adn watched in germany.

you can depict swastikas in art, you just cant portray them as an endorsement or glorification. showing an evil alien dressed up as an evil nazi is not endorsing anticonstitutional imagery. its just the opposite, in fact.

the most relevant ban would be the ban of swastikas in video games which has in fact been lifted.

By Klauser
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Marquetry wrote:From what I remember, it's illegal in Germany to show media with swastikas, so the card is a problem that way as well.
I love DQ and like the Hirogen, but won't use the current version of him.
Sexecutioner brings up an outstanding point here.

When The Borg expansion came out in near the end of 1E's Decipher run, there was A LOT of comments on the Decipher message boards about this very issue.

I wish I had saved some of the theads, and several of our European players brought up the issue about products with swastikas. Unfortunately, as I recall it boiled down to the card was done and they were not going to make any changes.

There were also calls to make a promo card with an alternate image, but Decipher showed no interest. They were focusing on the next iteration of the game, which if i recall correctly was "Project Trek" at the time, but later became the Second Edition.

And now that the subject is on the table, TCC has an outstanding opportunity to correct a serious mistake Decipher refused to address - a variant of Turanj without a swastika!!
Last edited by Klauser on Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I thought I had heard that in packs sold in Europe, Turanj had the swastika erased and there was just a plain red circle there. I guess I was wrong.

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And just to add to the overall discussion, coming […]