This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Have a talk with Jörn. I think he might have an idea or two there.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
after watching Relics the other day my answer is:

Explore Dyson Sphere

This image sucks! I'm not even sure if it is actually from the episode because it is just a nondescript grey blob. There were lots of great images of the Enterprise outside giving the impression of how HUGE the sphere is as well of some great images INSIDE of the interior surface of the sphere, either of which would do this justice....

Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
Adornos wrote:There's no way of boosting the early Decipher resolutions?
There's a concept in computer science called "GIGO", which stands for "Garbage In, Garbage Out". Somebody else can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the source images for those were saved from the internet archive, which were compressed versions of what were essentially late 90s gifs. As the saying goes, you can't squeeze blood from a turnip.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
JeBuS wrote:
There's a concept in computer science called "GIGO", which stands for "Garbage In, Garbage Out". Somebody else can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the source images for those were saved from the internet archive, which were compressed versions of what were essentially late 90s gifs. As the saying goes, you can't squeeze blood from a turnip.
Even if they're compressed from the original Decipher files, the originals weren't fantastic resolution either - after all, they had to download on 90s internet!

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
JeBuS wrote:
I'm still very thankful to you that you got rid of the "drop shadows". HUGE improvement.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
Boffo97 wrote:
JeBuS wrote:
I'm still very thankful to you that you got rid of the "drop shadows". HUGE improvement.
But even that was simply reframing the garbage :wink:

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'd like to see AI reprints that have a gameplay-specific use, to make the universal ships that featured in both TNG & DS9 to have a version in each.

I can't use Call for Reinforcements in a DS9 Klingon deck because the K'vort & Vorcha are only TNG, so it would break reshape the quadrant -- unless I want to go Mirror, of course. That seems silly.

So how about:
K'vort
Vor'cha
D'Deridex
D'kora Marauder
Galor
Excelsior
Nebula
Galaxy

And maybe even a k'tinga, though that'd require a new, non-au version, not just a straight AI reprint.

LORE wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote:Anything Cardassian-related folks want to see? I'm asking for a friend...
+1

Also interested to hear what the community would like for Cardassian ship / commander pairs for next year. No guarantees we will use one over the other, just doing some initial brainstorming. Here's hoping we can find an interesting, non-Dukat / ship pair that gets people excited about upcoming OP events. :cross:
Related to the above, a DS9 and/or TNG Vetar, and a TNG Evek.
Last edited by princedetenebres on Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
princedetenebres wrote:D'kora Marauder [...] And maybe even a k'tinga, though that'd require a new, non-au version, not just a straight AI reprint.
I don't think D'Koras were ever seen on DS9. Which always baffled me. Nowhere in all the series' travels were more Ferengi encountered than around DS9; but they never chime in with capital ships (or get hired) to help in any battle.
We can exlain away why the Grand Nagus never traveled on one -- he'd have to pay too high of a fare to the boat's Daimon. But the utter lack of any large [Fer] vessel in the whole series...?

I'll just take this opportunity to say that I think Saavik really still needs a Robin Curtis AI. I loved both actresses in the role -- but I can only solve missions with one of them. Remedy that, please! 8)
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
princedetenebres wrote:I'd like to see AI reprints that have a gameplay-specific use, to make the universal ships that featured in both TNG & DS9 to have a version in each.

I can't use Call for Reinforcements in a DS9 Klingon deck because the K'vort & Vorcha are only TNG, so it would break reshape the quadrant -- unless I want to go Mirror, of course. That seems silly.

So how about:
K'vort
Vor'cha
D'Deridex
D'kora Marauder
Galor
Excelsior
Nebula
Galaxy

And maybe even a k'tinga, though that'd require a new, non-au version, not just a straight AI reprint.
Unfortunately, we can't do reprints of nouns (personnel, ships, etc.) that change property logo. Once we made those gameplay relevant, we gave up that option. So to get a [1E-DS9] version of a K'vort, it would have to be a new card.

-crp

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote:
princedetenebres wrote:I'd like to see AI reprints that have a gameplay-specific use, to make the universal ships that featured in both TNG & DS9 to have a version in each.

So how about:
K'vort
Vor'cha
D'Deridex
D'kora Marauder
Galor
Excelsior
Nebula
Galaxy

Unfortunately, we can't do reprints of nouns (personnel, ships, etc.) that change property logo. Once we made those gameplay relevant, we gave up that option. So to get a [1E-DS9] version of a K'vort, it would have to be a new card.

-crp
Where did this rule come from?

Starship Constitution and Starship Constitution disagree.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Armus wrote:
MidnightLich wrote:

So how about:
K'vort
Vor'cha
D'Deridex
D'kora Marauder
Galor
Excelsior
Nebula
Galaxy

-crp
Where did this rule come from?

Starship Constitution and Starship Constitution disagree.
It came from when we made property logos matter. I don't remember the exact date, and while I'm not 100%, I believe it was the Rules Team that asked for this policy. The example you cite was done by Decipher. And to be fair, we used to swap property logos on noun reprints. Now we don't. It's too messy.

-crp

The number of dilemmas that get put on a ship is[…]

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]