This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Dunnagh (Andreas Micheel)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Contender
I would LOVE overlays. The Borg overlays are one of the best things in this game. As are the different affiliation versions of multi-affiliation personnel.

(side question: is it legal to bring more than 1 version of, say, Tallera to a game and always exchange the card to depict the current affiliation status she has?)
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
jadziadax8 wrote:Anything Cardassian-related folks want to see? I'm asking for a friend...
+1

Also interested to hear what the community would like for Cardassian ship / commander pairs for next year. No guarantees we will use one over the other, just doing some initial brainstorming. Here's hoping we can find an interesting, non-Dukat / ship pair that gets people excited about upcoming OP events. :cross:

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
LORE wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote:Anything Cardassian-related folks want to see? I'm asking for a friend...
+1

Also interested to hear what the community would like for Cardassian ship / commander pairs for next year. No guarantees we will use one over the other, just doing some initial brainstorming. Here's hoping we can find an interesting, non-Dukat / ship pair that gets people excited about upcoming OP events. :cross:
I'd vote for one of the following
Bralek/Ocett
Kraxon/Dolak
Reklar/Lemec
Trager/Macet

Trager/Macet might be the most fun since it's Marc Alaimo. If you want to be really crazy go with Stolen Attack Ship/Kira.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Iron Prime wrote:
LORE wrote:
+1

I'd vote for one of the following
Bralek/Ocett
Kraxon/Dolak
Reklar/Lemec
Trager/Macet

Trager/Macet might be the most fun since it's Marc Alaimo. If you want to be really crazy go with Stolen Attack Ship/Kira.
+1 on Trager/Macet

Kills 2 drop shadows AND Gives us a chance for a card image with that terrible yet funny Cardassian Headgear that we never saw again. :D

The other 3 in order of preference:

Rekar/Lemec
Bralek/Ocett
Kraxon/Dolak

-1 on Kira/ Stolen Attack Ship. I think that doesn't really capture what the Cardassians are in the same way that a Galor + Gul would

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:-1 on Kira/ Stolen Attack Ship. I think that doesn't really capture what the Cardassians are in the same way that a Galor + Gul would
Totally agree. But she came up in my search so I included it because I thought it was amusing: using non-Cardassian cards that were Cardassian for Cardassian week...

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Dunnagh wrote:I would LOVE overlays. The Borg overlays are one of the best things in this game. As are the different affiliation versions of multi-affiliation personnel.
For private use, I already made hi-res versions of the 4 overlays -- to be printed, and the transparent stuff cut out, sleeved; and done. Works better for me than trying to get a hold of the real thing in multiples.
I even made 3-row skill box versions.
Not sure about the current legality, but if the CC wants to make then anyway, they can have mine... saves art some work...
(side question: is it legal to bring more than 1 version of, say, Tallera to a game and always exchange the card to depict the current affiliation status she has?)
I don't see why not. Depends on your opponent, perhaps -- whether they sanction it...?
I stack aforementioned Borg overlays "in" (under) my QTent, for table-decluttering (and surprise) purposes. If your opponent is down, you could do the same -- and "download" if needed. OTOH, having the other versions face-up somewhere would make for more transparent gameplay.
Just bring them as ask your opponent and/or TD, I'd say.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:
Dunnagh wrote:I would LOVE overlays. The Borg overlays are one of the best things in this game. As are the different affiliation versions of multi-affiliation personnel.
For private use, I already made hi-res versions of the 4 overlays -- to be printed, and the transparent stuff cut out, sleeved; and done. Works better for me than trying to get a hold of the real thing in multiples.
I even made 3-row skill box versions.
Not sure about the current legality, but if the CC wants to make then anyway, they can have mine... saves art some work...
I finally stumbled across the photo I made when I was cutting out my above-mentioned [Bor] overlay prints, and putting them into sleeves (side loaders first; then top-loading transparent deck protectors).

The making of the photo was inspired by EdgeOfHearing, who has created other hand-crafted things (which are awesome) and posted about them! :thumbsup:

(No, I'm not fluent in Java -- and my next persona version will prolly no longer include Comp Skill at all. But I do love mugs.)
Attachments:
20190616_172537b.jpg
20190616_172537b.jpg (236.69 KiB) Viewed 1594 times
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Reanimating this topic now that some of the 2020 competitive season promos have been announced. What other cards would the community like to see AI'd? Any suggestions are welcome, but bonus points to those who submit ideas for next year's Bajoran cycle. :shifty:

I will start. I learned this weekend there are still a couple useful Fajo Collection cards that have not been AI'd, and which still have the gross shadow when you try to print them. Specifically, a Guinan AI would be great. Especially since she will make an appearance in ST:P next season!

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
If not for anything else than to get a better version of the Baj side of The Emissary. =)

And Kai Opaka would need a better print version as well.

By Daimyoshi (Richard Steele)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote:everything thats low-res in the cardbase.
This.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
I'm always surprised that there hasn't been a fan project to scan those in.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
AllenGould wrote:
'twas proposed a few years ago but turned away. Let's see if I can find the post...

...ah, here it is.

Now, that was six years ago, under different 1E department leadership, with zero experience in universal printability, so maybe it doesn't hold anymore.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
AllenGould wrote:
I've tried to scan a few cards here and there using my regular old flatbed scanner at home. The quality is pretty bad. Making them look good is more work than just recreating the card (in my opinion). The amount of touch-ups and color corrections is just too much. And without those touch-ups, they look like poop when printed again.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation