This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Hi, this is a casual Battle Report for the "Sneaky Ferengi (FER) vs the Feds (FED)" in (september 2019)
= the Ferengi won in 27 turns.

I took a picture of the FED starting spaceline, and the full Spaceline from the end (which is slightly chaotic) and still need to take one of the Ferengi starting area and seed cards, but here is a quick summary below, along with full battle report hand written notes...
if the writing is not easy to read, please try again lol (but if its too untidy then i can try and type it up lol) :) (all images are pasted at the bottom, and hosted on discord...i hope they will be visible for public lol im still newish to discord) :)

(i made a few assumptions in the image notes, and some mistakes below? and while it was very fun and fitting for the ferengi, and was a casual test, it would be nice to know what the mistakes were, to learn for future official games etc) :)

FED missions all in Alpha Quadrant (AQ) (mixed space and planet missions). (starting outpost, and an uncontrolled empok nor elsewhere on spaceline)
FER missions 3 in AQ, (inc HQ), and 3 in Mirror Quadrant (all planets with Nors. Nor, Alliance Nor, and Mirror Terok Nor (cardassian) with Quarks Bar - also seeded a treaty as Cards/Ferengi)

overall the Ferengi reached 103 points, vs 0 points for the Federation (duration 27 turns...)
(main fer points were from Cargo Runs x 28 using 3 different ships/crews per turn, Latinum with Credit Exchanging, and Dabo. Final win was with a +6 point, stacked probe "DABO!".

Card list (to list)
(card counts including seed cards: FEDs = approx 350, FERs approx 650 cards, lots of latinum and different equipment cards)

Seeded cards: (to list out)
(FEDs mostly dilemmas, and 30 seed cards total + 6 free sites for later)
(FERs only 11 dilemmas, and 30 seed cards total + 6 free sites for later, but seeded cards also allowed for about 85+ cards to be called upon/accessed/downloaded throughout the game)

Sneaky stuff the Ferengi did:
- Swooped in with a Nagus vip to a Nor's Guest Quarters site early game, 1 turn before FED could report a vip there)
- Used Tog with his own Krayton ship, to move to Fed location and capture Trois mum. (only gained 1 bonus point from an Interrogation card near the end of the game though)
- Trapped 2 Fed ships and all away team cards on a planet mission preventing beaming there once every other turn (Distortion Field + the card that only allows 3 cards to beam each turn) Atmospheric Ionization. they failed in the pale moonlight and got stopped :o)
- Used several combos of Palor Tof, All 3's, and Data Keep Dealing, to help access more cards, and stack the Dabo probe cards.
- Betrayed other ferengi with "6th Rule roa" to get more latinum/cards. (Nunk and Yeggie for example since i had about 20 copies of them in the deck)
- Obtained 2 uses for each equipment card (was cargo running between 2 different nors, and 2 different cargo bays, with 1 mission span, gaining 2 rewards per unique equipment card name)
- Drew several cards a turn (Peace is good for business), including Morn/Zek vip guest quarters combo, drawing at most 13 cards in a turn... (11 + 2 from Process Ore).

Ferengi game play mistakes or missed opportunities:
- included lots of self-sealing stem bolts, but forgot to put Jake & Nog into deck :o)
- forgot that the Tower of Commerce hq card can play a card for free each turn.
- ran out of latinum cards at one point (need to get more)
- mis-seeded uss Pasteur and Wyatt Earp under an AU doorway (thinking they could come in at any time to give Ferengi a lot of range for cargo runs)
- treated different sites at 1 nor, as being all within the same location (for the purposes of zek counting as being in vip quarters for draw effect, and also quarks bar at the same time for a conference?)
- forgot to try some Tractor Beam cards (to see if towing 1 ship can still count as passing a location for a cargo run, and then still use its own range for other stuff etc?)
- did 6 cargo runs with a hand weapon by mistake (possibly 2 more if agoniser counts as weapon?) = would have needed 1 more turn to win (assuming 8 rewards were latinum = 16 points at credit exchange = [+6] [+4] at credit exchages via 5 downloaded latnium for next turn = 10points + a stacked dabo = + [6] points = 16: 18-16=2 (103 points -2 = 101 likely win next turn)

Sneaky stuff the Feds did:
- Prevented the Ferengi from playing Red Alerts when they had a very full hand (fed had 2 Yellow Alerts)
- Played Scored Hand (slowing down Fer a lot in early game who had to waste some good interrupts just to get them into the discard pile for future dabo instead of being buried within the draw deck)
- Drew extra cards with Live Long & Prosper (saving Fer personnel)
- Had lots of vulcans and vulcan-related interrupts to save them.
- Used Dr Roger Korby to get and play another Scored Hand later too.
- Had lots of ship-enhancing cards, and fully-staffed ships that could attack and destroy Fer facilities and ships (if the Attack Authorisation cards were drawn)

Federation game play mistakes or missed opportunities:
- forgot to seed Crossover for Mirror Quadrant people
- possibly forgot to report Mirror Spock to opponents Mirror Quadrant? (had a normal mr spock at main base though)
- possiby forgot to use cargo bays there to report people there too?
- possibly forgot to use non-aligned there to also play dabo for points and drawing more cards?
- only included 6 cards with low integrity or fed treachery (encountered at least 2 Fer dilemmas "in the pale moonlight" with conditions that could not yet be met.
- had several interrupts or other cards in deck to allow more card draws, but drew others instead like sense the borg etc which were not that useful against fer. (around 90+ cards allow for drawing/downloading/recovery etc)

Game Rules info::
There were probably several official rules violated by mistake, or misunderstanding how certain cards work (like using 6 copies of "35th rule" to draw 6 extra cards per turn, but overall the game turns seemed to be quite fitting, with the ferengi eventually winning with 103 points through peace, (even though no actual missions were completed, or attempted by ferengi).

for example, the Feds were playing 1 card per turn, with maybe just 1 action/use per turn, and 1 draw per turn, but this saw them steadily building up a solid crew, with ships, and enhancing events cards, along with some extra personnel from seeded cards. (if they got an attack authorisation they could have wiped out the ferengi in the alpha quadrant)

the ferengis were always doing something, several times a turn, such as playing a free latinum card, reporting a free waiter, swapping latinum for an equipment, swapping something beneath draw deck to get something else, playing an interrupt to manipulate or draw cards, using a secepter, playing a dabo, spending something at a credit exchange, doing a cargo run for 1 card (or latinum), and getting 2 points here or there... (6 points here or there in later turn, with about 16 to 18 points in 1 turn).

by the way, i would like to suggest that "gold pressed latinum, have the latinum symbol on it since its a latinum",
and in theory, even if a Ferengi (might) be luckly enough to draw a latinum symbol card into hand, i think it would be very fitting for a ferengi to essentially use 1 latinum symbol on a card, to turn it into another latinum, since to make money you need money :)

fed_vs_fer-posed_seed_spaceline-fedcrop.JPG
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... edcrop.JPG

fed_vs_fer-end_of_game-raw_spaceline.JPG
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... celine.JPG

Full GamePlay Logs (transcript notes):
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 001-50.jpg
+
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 002-50.jpg
+
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 003-50.jpg
+
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 004-50.jpg
+
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 005-50.jpg

By Dunnagh (Andreas Micheel)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Contender
Regardless of any actual mistakes, it sounds like you had fun - and thats the most important part!

Did you limit yourself to any card pool? Did you play with cards that had an errata on them or did you use the printed versions of those cards?

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
ah hi, yes it was a very fun game indeed :)

this was pretty much just using the text on the physical cards that my friend and i pooled together so that we could make 1 decent/better Fed deck and 1 for the Ferengi (and other races etc)

plus some reference to trekcc for cards as reminder or if we got stuck and especially the pdf saved previously below :)

"Star Trek™ Customizable Card Game™ GLOSSARY
Version 1.9.1 – May 2013 (by the continuing committee)"

(i just found out about this link)
https://www.trekcc.org/op/1e_rulebook/

according to what i just saw in there, it seems that the ferengi wouldnt be able to win :) as it mentions that they would need 40 more points (due to not completing both a planet and a space mission), + another 40 more points due to not completing an alpha quadrant mission, = needing 180 to win (which is probably doable for the ferengi as they plot and scheme each turn to make more latinum :D but then -103 points or ANY bonus points, since apparently bonus points dont actually count for anything in this case? :)

what did i miss? :D

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I love the photos in your reports, e.g. of your handwritten log files... I thought I recorded a lot of "bogus" info (I use a spreadsheet for that), like which cards I've used and how many times, and how many points from what mission... But I'm an amateur compared to your bookkeeping! :D 8) :thumbsup:

Now the only thing I'm curious about still, is a Deck Builder listing of your ShoeBorg (a.k.a. "your Borg deck that just about fits in a shoe box" :lol: )! :borg:

:cheersL:

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
many thanks for my method of notekeeping :)

i still have to type up the full decklists (the ferengi/fed notes just include cards played, and not a full list of all cards in deck, but i hope to be able to recreate the seed deck for ferengi too, and post a picture like i did for the Fed seed spaceline, even though there are a few changes i will make now that i found a bunch of Pakled cards and a Construct Startship) :)

i also found 2 more new (virtual) dabogirls Leosa and Naziri that were released in a a new set, so i included hand written versions until i can fix printer, to see how the Ferengi can improve with 5 DaboGirls now :)

oh the Borg ShoeBorg deck is still needing to be all typed up, but i can update the other Borg thread once i get chance to do that... so much to do lol - and so many cool new cards on teh virual sets to consider now as well :D

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
hi i set up the Seed cards for the ferengi (and related cards they bring), and took 2 more photos for you:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... -part1.JPG
(the silver pieces of paper denote 1 seed card, as do dice counts, and any under it are the cards it brings or helps to get)

& ferengi conference cards:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... _confs.JPG

sometimes i might use 1 extra Ferengi Conference and 1 less Dilemma (or vice versa), which is why the dice count shows 10 or 11, and 5/6 confs :)

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Honestly, this has made me want to build some decks and sit down for a game more than reading any tournament report. Looks like you two had a great time! (I seem to remember always spreading out on the carpet due to similarly cramped table space at home... though we didn't have pets at the time who could run through.)
casualofborg wrote:There were probably several official rules violated by mistake, or misunderstanding how certain cards work
Isn't that just a core part of the 1E experience, though? :P At least we have a consolidated rulebook now.. it took us awhile to realize there were supplements on the Decipher site with each expansion, so we made up our own for anything the Premiere rulebook didn't cover.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation