This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

Do you think the project status update should be 2 topics?

Yes easy fix make 2 topics
5%
No keep the same broken topic
85%
Either way is fine with me
10%

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
edgeofhearing wrote:
Discovery suxs wrote:It is call the art of sales actually. You always present what you want as the best option. While making the other option look bad.
That just makes you look bad.
Art of sales only works if someone already agrees or is easily persuaded. Otherwise all it does is create alienation from the proposed idea at best or from the person trying the tactic at worst.

And just to keep on topic I haven't voted just yet but right now leaning toward the last option, that it doesn't really matter to me.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Slayer07 wrote:
edgeofhearing wrote:
Discovery suxs wrote:It is call the art of sales actually. You always present what you want as the best option. While making the other option look bad.
Art of sales only works if someone already agrees or is easily persuaded. Otherwise all it does is create alienation from the proposed idea at best or from the person trying the tactic at worst.

And just to keep on topic I haven't voted just yet but right now leaning toward the last option, that it doesn't really matter to me.
The main reason why art of sales fails online is personal connection can't be achieved online.

I understand your vote choice. I almost put I don't care either way is fine with me. I felt people might be mad by the I don't care option. You be surprised in 2019.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Discovery suxs wrote: It is call the art of sales actually. You always present what you want as the best option. While making the other option look bad.
Which is why no-one trusts sales people who use this trick, because it's clear that you're selling what's best for *you* and not what's best for *me*, the customer.

My vote is for "whatever Charlie is willing to do", because there are more important things on his plate than pretty-formatted status updates.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Slayer07 wrote:
edgeofhearing wrote:

The main reason why art of sales fails online is personal connection can't be achieved online.

I understand your vote choice. I almost put I don't care either way is fine with me. I felt people might be mad by the I don't care option. You be surprised in 2019.[/quote]

You're right, in a way that makes it hard because there isn't personal connection on line. I've often made comments (not here) about that especially as relating to jokes and humor which cannot be conveyed online because there is no way to see a smile or anything like that.

You're also right that these days I don't care riles people, though it always seems to regardless of the year. But if that were truly your view as the OP then why bother making the post?

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
Discovery suxs wrote: It is call the art of sales actually. You always present what you want as the best option. While making the other option look bad.
Which is why no-one trusts sales people who use this trick, because it's clear that you're selling what's best for *you* and not what's best for *me*, the customer.
My vote is for "whatever Charlie is willing to do", because there are more important things on his plate than pretty-formatted status updates.
+1 :thumbsup:
AllenGould wrote:
Discovery suxs wrote: Oh yeah offering suggestions how to improve things is not disrespectful.
I think that's in reference to "keep the same broken topic", which I find a bit leading, if not disrespectful. (Not exactly an impartial poll when the options are "do things my rad way" vs "keep the same shitty way" )
+1 here as well. Online biased options seem more likely to make people vote against you out of spite because they feel you are actively trying to trick them.

Personally I think the way it is now is fine - but if Charlie changes his approach I'm OK with that too. Mainly I just want the info out there.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Slayer wrote
You're also right that these days I don't care riles people, though it always seems to regardless of the year. But if that were truly your view as the OP then why bother making the post?

Honest answer

Storytime

I'm the youngest of 3 brothers. I was always told to keep my mouth shut until spoken too. My opinion was never took seriously. So later in life I developed a respect my opinion complex from my childhood. I have broken up with women and blew up at people over my complex. I will not be held down again.

Anyway go back and look at how much I talk in my over 200 topics. The yesterday enterprise topic was like 50 pages. I only commented maybe 3 pages if it. The point is I stated my opinion on something and people heard my opinion too. It does not matter if they agree or disagree with me. I got stated my opinion and they stated there opinion on the topics. Everyone got respected in the topic that way.

Lastly

I make topics I thought would be interesting and other people can talk about them. It is more for other people than me. I quit doing it but I spammed this site big time about 6 months ago. I did it again with dreamcards. People didn't like that many topics. Today I'm just popping in every now and then with a new topic.

Does that answer your question why I made the topic?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
problem is that your stating your opinion but then your not actually giving people a fair chance to talk about there opinion if its different from you and the poll shows that.

your sitting at a table and saying your opinion. then you invite everyone else to sit at the table and share there opinions. problem is that you made the really nice comfortable chair the one thats right next to you, and you gave broken crappy slanted chairs to the other side of the table. so that way people are more likely to sit on your side of the table and take your side because you rigged the chairs.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery rox wrote:problem is that your stating your opinion but then your not actually giving people a fair chance to talk about there opinion if its different from you and the poll shows that.

your sitting at a table and saying your opinion. then you invite everyone else to sit at the table and share there opinions. problem is that you made the really nice comfortable chair the one thats right next to you, and you gave broken crappy slanted chairs to the other side of the table. so that way people are more likely to sit on your side of the table and take your side because you rigged the chairs.
No the problem is I'm a clean and organized person. If something can be fixed I don't understand why not fixing it.

Especially since it would literally take less than 5mins.
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Discovery suxs wrote:
Discovery rox wrote:problem is that your stating your opinion but then your not actually giving people a fair chance to talk about there opinion if its different from you and the poll shows that.

No the problem is I'm a clean and organized person. If something can be fixed I don't understand why not fixing it.

Well actually the problem is what they said. You don't seem to be able to separate your opinion from what you believe as fact, you 'think' it's broken, others disagree.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Latok wrote:
Discovery suxs wrote:

Well actually the problem is what they said. You don't seem to be able to separate your opinion from what you believe as fact, you 'think' it's broken, others disagree.
I disagree others are willing to accept something a way than do the work to make it better. There is nothing wrong with that mindset. I'm just a person that puts in the effort to always make something perfect. Bosses loved my work ethic because of it. I literally can't do anything halfway period. I know it is a flaw but it is what it is.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:

I find that one person's version of clean and organized is another person's version of a mess. Take the dream card section, where you did all those Insurrection cards in individual threads. To me that was not clean and organized, that was a mess as they were all based from the same thing. They were all relating to the same set of cards so they did not need their own threads. Now keeping them separated from the Kevin Uxbridge thread made sense.

As for the project status, I still just don't know if there's a reason for it to be two topics.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Slayer07 wrote:
Discovery suxs wrote:

I find that one person's version of clean and organized is another person's version of a mess. Take the dream card section, where you did all those Insurrection cards in individual threads. To me that was not clean and organized, that was a mess as they were all based from the same thing. They were all relating to the same set of cards so they did not need their own threads. Now keeping them separated from the Kevin Uxbridge thread made sense.

As for the project status, I still just don't know if there's a reason for it to be two topics.
I personally find it frustrating to see all the done projects and comments. When all I want to know is the current projects status. It is what it is I guess. I'm tired of debating the topic. I'm on one side and people are on the other side. It really won't change anything. Honestly I have done over 200 topics just in gameplay. There really has been nothing come from them but talk about may happen in the future. My improve the battles poll was so close it is clear people want something done about it. The new sets keep getting pushed back. I'm kinda of disillusioned with the game right now.

In conclusion I'm probably going to step away from this site until the full tos romulan set is out.

I wish everyone a good time on here.

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.