This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

Do you want to a human lore themed set?

Yes that would be great addition
5%
No
77%
Maybe if done right
18%

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I feel like humans have the least about of lore cards in the game. I'm not talking about afflication cards. I'm talking about there actually species on the cards. It would be cool because it would offer another deck idea to the game. There would not have to be any personnel in the set. Since we have so many humans in the game.

A few examples of cards

1. You may play a human for free each turn if all your personnel are human species.

2. If you control only humans you may wound a target at the start of a personnel battle.

3. If you control only humans you may have a human of opposite gender be saved from death.

4. If you control only humans you may replace a human with another human selected to die.

5. If you control only humans you may share a skill until end of turn with another human.

It could be just a small 13 card set but add a new theme to the game.

What you think?
Last edited by Discovery suxs on Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Discovery suxs wrote:I feel like humans have the least about of lore cards in the game. I'm not talking about afflication cards. I'm talking about there actually species on the cards. It would be cool because it would offer another deck idea to the game. There would not have to be any personnel in the set. Since we have so many humans in the game. It would not be overpowered because alot of federation afflications are not human species.

A few examples

1. You may play a human for free each turn if all your personnel are human species.

2. If you control only humans you may wound a target at the start of a personnel battle.

3. If you control only humans you may have a human of opposite gender be saved from death.

What you think?
Terra Prime Forever.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
Discovery suxs wrote:I feel like humans have the least about of lore cards in the game. I'm not talking about afflication cards. I'm talking about there actually species on the cards. It would be cool because it would offer another deck idea to the game. There would not have to be any personnel in the set. Since we have so many humans in the game. It would not be overpowered because alot of federation afflications are not human species.

A few examples

What you think?
Terra Prime Forever.
:thumbsup:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
The main reason I thought of this idea is to have a total themed deck. I feel like alot of themes are loose themes in the game. I wanted everything to be themed in the deck. I have tried to do it but alot of cards just don't work in the current nature of the game. It needs to be theme that reflects the current state of the game in order to do a total theme deck.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
Rules keep telling us we don’t need to include human in lore where it’s the default species. Means a lot of humans won’t include the word human in lore...

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
KazonPADD wrote:Rules keep telling us we don’t need to include human in lore where it’s the default species. Means a lot of humans won’t include the word human in lore...
There is that as a problem. There are probably a lot of cards that don't have human in lore and are assumed based on species.

What would need clarification is what human means?

First off, use the card search engine for human and you find personnel that have the Humanoid species. They are not human as such but got lumped that way in the search index so do they count for these theoretical cards? For the record, I think that needs changing but that's another topic.

Second off, what about ones that are not pure Human. Take B'Elanna Torres Naomi Wildman and Deanna Troi who are 1/2 Klingon, 1/2 Ktarain and 1/2 Betazoid respectively for example as there are more. Despite only being half Klingon B'Elanna can use cards that effect Klingon species like I Am Not A Merry Man or Klingon Death Yell. So would these theoretical cards not work with them as something other than human?

Also what about personnel like Seven of Nine who is technically pure human but lists Borg as species as well. And vice versa, with Borg drones that were once Human (or humanoid without a separate distinction).

Finally what about dual-affiliation personnel? Data and Picard has one human and one android? Do these theoretical cards work on Picard but not Data? Work on both? Work on neither?
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Slayer07 wrote:What would need clarification is what human means?
Oh, that's easy:

A human is:

(a) a personnel whose lore identifies him/her as "human"

(b) a personnel whose lore identifies him/her as "Terran" (an equivalent term)

(c) a [Fed] , [NA] , or [SF] personnel whose lore does not otherwise identify any species (including "humanoid").

(d) These personnel are human based on explicit exceptions to the general rule: The Trois (thanks Deanna), [Kli] William T. Riker, [Kli] Jean-Luc Picard, [Fer] Captain Picard, Stefan deSeve, Hannah Bates.

(It is NOT a coincidence that the modern species rules were created shortly after The Next Generation came out. :) )

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:
Slayer07 wrote:What would need clarification is what human means?
Oh, that's easy:

A human is:

(a) a personnel whose lore identifies him/her as "human"

(b) a personnel whose lore identifies him/her as "Terran" (an equivalent term)

(c) a [Fed] , [NA] , or [SF] personnel whose lore does not otherwise identify any species (including "humanoid").

(d) These personnel are human based on explicit exceptions to the general rule: The Trois (thanks Deanna), [Kli] William T. Riker, [Kli] Jean-Luc Picard, [Fer] Captain Picard, Stefan deSeve, Hannah Bates.

(It is NOT a coincidence that the modern species rules were created shortly after The Next Generation came out. :) )
Justin Ford got salty and needed Julius to confirm for him that some humans are actually humans when I scored over 50 points from one Assimilate Species at Worlds. The one he actually had a point about was Harcourt Fenton Mudd—“emperor of androids”. It’s not crazy to argue that his species is android, and the “real” Harry is sippin’ jippers on a beach somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
i only see potential for two cards and it has to be terra prime themed.

it should also carry a big weakness because humans are full of so many skills, restricting to them doesnt hurt much. bigotry should have a higher cost.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Iron Prime wrote:I'm not real keen on this unless it's Terra Prime related...
And then you'd have to differentiate what the mechanical/theme difference is between [22] Starfleet "human", [22] Starfleet (which is what, 90% human anyway?), and [M] [TE] (y'know, the *other* "humans rule aliens drool" faction we already have.)

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
Iron Prime wrote:I'm not real keen on this unless it's Terra Prime related...
And then you'd have to differentiate what the mechanical/theme difference is between [22] Starfleet "human", [22] Starfleet (which is what, 90% human anyway?), and [M] [TE] (y'know, the *other* "humans rule aliens drool" faction we already have.)
I didn't say it would be easy... :wink:

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]